Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
I will admit to being influenced by Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill) and Atticus Ross/Reznor, so I like to inject dark ambient and industrial when it fits the mood. Almost every time Jack is out in the world, I'm slotting in music that's reminiscent of Silent Hill's downturned folk guitar.
Silent Hill, that game scared the fuck out of me more than once. loved playing at night with the lights out.

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
Kinderfeld I sometimes play with the WT,but mostly I just decide stuff by myself..Will there be any drastic ending/action due to our decisions?If there is I might wanna make another save.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Here is my walkthrough .. was waiting until it was released on this site before posting. Kinderfeld can you update the FP?
Link to the walkthrough updated.
Kinderfeld I sometimes play with the WT,but mostly I just decide stuff by myself..Will there be any drastic ending/action due to our decisions?If there is I might wanna make another save.
While the main arc is solidly locked in, choices will impact conversations and the possibility to see certain scenes or different scenes. Chapter Seven has a scene that if you did something in an earlier chapter, you won't see it. Also, there are a couple spots where making a choice gives you an entirely different tangent (showing Carol the infected in CH2 vs distracting her, seeing the bandits vs running into the infected in Ch3). At a point in the future in Part Two, you'll be given choices to be with one girl over another, so there'll be impacts in that as well.

Also, there will be different endings based on points accumulated with the girls, but that's a ways off.

erkper

May 16, 2018
How could anyone seriously choose a girl other than Carol? That would be kind of blasphemy. ;)
I'm pretty all-in on the concept of a Carol-Naomi sandwich ending. I'd be really let down if that isn't a possibility.

So there better not be a "housefire, pick one" moment, if you know what I mean...

Great update as always, Kinderfeld.

Speaking of Carol and Naomi, any of you signature creators out there want to put together a sig with both girls? You would gain my undying gratitude.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I'm pretty all-in on the concept of a Carol-Naomi sandwich ending. I'd be really let down if that isn't a possibility.

So there better not be a "housefire, pick one" moment, if you know what I mean...
It's amazing that this quote from the first page is still relevant.
I won't give anything away, but I will promise that I won't put two people you love in a house, set it on fire and make you choose between them. :p
Also, there will be an option for a Jack + Carol + Naomi event far off in the future based on choices and how both girls feel (love and trust points).
Speaking of Carol and Naomi, any of you signature creators out there want to put together a sig with both girls? You would gain my undying gratitude.
If you have a specific shot, let me know and I'll try to whip one together. If not, I may tool around and get a Carol+Naomi screen made for a sig.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
PLEASE don't remind me how one of my favorite games got ruined in the past. Afterward I got very depressed... I was always afraid to touch any other game made by this dev since then.

But yes, let's hope that we will not be forced to chose only one.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Flash001

AKA Curious Pervert
Donor
Compressor
Jun 26, 2017
Now & Then [v0.07.0] compressed*

- Original Size: 821 MB

Compressed version for PC (399MB): - -

*This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
PLEASE don't remind me how one of my favorite games got ruined in the past. Afterward I got very depressed... I was always afraid to touch any other game made by this dev since then.

But yes, let's hope that we will be forced to chose only one of them.
Which game is this? I havent run across it. Not to open old wounds or anything.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Which game is this? I havent run across it. Not to open old wounds or anything.
Game is called Acting lessons. When they forced us to chose one of the girl while the house was on fire, I just deleted the game. A shame tho... the game was awesome before this event.

edited to not spoil those who didn't play the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: mordred93

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Now & Then [v0.07.0] compressed*

- Original Size: 821 MB

Compressed version for PC (399MB): MEGA - -

*This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.
Added to the first post. Thanks.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
v0.07.0
Added Chapter Seven
Added the option to Hide the text box on Android
Changed image format to reduce file size (200-250 MBs saved for this version)
Added multiple new music tracks
I mean overall, since usually v0.07 is version 0.7 of version 0.1 if you know what i mean.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I mean overall, since usually v0.07 is version 0.7 of version 0.1 if you know what i mean.
While I'm not a fan of using raw stats as a measuring stick, Now & Then is:
10700 lines of code
67800 words
2800 images
58 videos (plus another dozen animations)

The current experience should be a couple hours depending on how fast you read.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Technically .. version 0.07 is an indication there will be more than 9 versions within a major release. Version 1.0 means the major release. It generally goes like this:

0.1, 0.2 ... 0.9 --> 1.0

or

0.01, 0.02 ... 0.09, 0.10, 0.11 (etc) ---> 1.0

Some devs make chapters a major release, some make only the completed game the major release. Each Dev has their own way of doing things. Some may name the game differently. game-ch1-v1.0, and start with game-ch2-v0.01 for the next. I prefer when devs do the first .. so the end of chapter 1 is 1.0. Then you get 1.1 for the next chapter content as you know what the overall story is.

4.50 star(s) 282 Votes