eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
This is slowly becoming one of my favourite VN's and the dev is killing it with those frequent updates! This is one of the very few games I'll play the moment I see an update! It's definitely well written but what I like most is how the story is always moving forward and even what might seem to be just a filler scene, still has some impact to the main story progression. I've probably written this before, but it's also one of the very few games I actually like the flashbacks!

erkper

May 16, 2018
Game is called Acting lessons. When they forced us to chose one of the girl while the house was on fire, I just deleted the game. A shame tho... the game was awesome before this event.
To be fair to the author of AL - it IS powerful writing. Never had a more impactful scene/story turn in any game I've played, anywhere, ever. It was a gutpunch that I absolutely hated to have to make, but it didn't ruin the game IMO. I know there's a large portion of that game's fans who feel as you do, and I totally understand, but it's also a testament to that writer's ability that he could get you so invested that the out-of-the-blue choice could elicit such a strong reaction. If you can push through that decision, it's amazing how you can so totally relate to how MC is written to feel afterwards.

Kinderfeld - I knew I'd seen that quote before, but didn't go looking. Had the nagging feeling I could be remembering it from another game thread. Thank you for making that decision (and making it public, despite my memory issues, haha) early - I know by the end of this story I'll be just as invested in this as I was in AL.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Technically .. version 0.07 is an indication there will be more than 9 versions within a major release. Version 1.0 means the major release. It generally goes like this:

0.1, 0.2 ... 0.9 --> 1.0

or

0.01, 0.02 ... 0.09, 0.10, 0.11 (etc) ---> 1.0

Some devs make chapters a major release, some make only the completed game the major release. Each Dev has their own way of doing things. Some may name the game differently. game-ch1-v1.0, and start with game-ch2-v0.01 for the next. I prefer when devs do the first .. so the end of chapter 1 is 1.0. Then you get 1.1 for the next chapter content as you know what the overall story is.
Yeah, i hate when devs invent their own unique way of marking release version. Btw, using this v0.07 system doesn't mean 9 minor releases per a major one, usually even if devs use this kind of numeration, they decide on their own if the content added since previous release is complete or not, so it could go 0.05>0.06>0.07>...>0.10 or it could go directly 0.05>0.06>0.10.

I saw all kind of messy version numbers so i wanted to ask someone who played this game which one is it. Usually I don't download anything below v0.4 to avoid tech demos with 5-30min of content - unless the game looks really good and up my alley - but it's really hard to tell when dev decides to use different version system.

Why can't they all just use the most popular and logical ones: 0.1>...>0.15>...>1.0 or 0.0.1>...>0.4.23>...>1.0 is beyond me.

Reactions: mordred93

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Well if you hadn't already hooked me you would have with this update. We need to fast track finding a safe place to live with Carol and Naomi...like pronto, immediately, forthwith! When a woman like Carol makes a proposal like that you stop at nothing to make it a reality.

To be fair to the author of AL - it IS powerful writing.
Strongly disagree; the writing up to that point was solid, but he pulled a Shyamalan level twist and threw it all away. It ruined the game utterly and I for one will never play anything made by that prick again. I'd rather watch After Earth on loop

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Game is called Acting lessons. When they forced us to chose one of the girl while the house was on fire, I just deleted the game. A shame tho... the game was awesome before this event.
I agree all the way, that game was amazing, but the ending ruined it completly for me and now i'm questioning everything and can't immerse in his next game (which is also great). Btw, use spoilers man.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I'm excited for the release I'll play on the 19th, though I would hope the dev drops the feminist politics I saw in his talk with the daughter and hopefully never brings up that shit again.

Reactions: Renart and Dvvalin

erkper

May 16, 2018
If you have a specific shot, let me know and I'll try to whip one together. If not, I may tool around and get a Carol+Naomi screen made for a sig.
I looked through the images available so far, and I'm having a hard time making a choice. I was thinking maybe one of their sunbathing poses but I'd like a Now image, not a Then. It's hard to find a Now that shows both faces and both have an appealing expression. Maybe one of the shots of Carol holding the shotgun? Gotta love a woman with POWER. :cool:

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
It was.. and is a great game. Hated to have to make that choice too.. But I did and played on. Then I went back and switched and played on. Tough choices yes.. but awesome game.

Now this game.. I have to say this game is pretty damn good in it's own right. I was hesitant at first but the style of the renders grow on you. Great story and always always can't wait for the next update. This one is bookmarked and dated so I when I check I can tell when I played last.. and has there been an update since. :) Kudos to ILSProductions

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I looked through the images available so far, and I'm having a hard time making a choice. I was thinking maybe one of their sunbathing poses but I'd like a Now image, not a Then. It's hard to find a Now that shows both faces and both have an appealing expression. Maybe one of the shots of Carol holding the shotgun? Gotta love a woman with POWER. :cool:
Okay, let's see if these work. The first is a unique pose set with Now exterior Daylight. A little hard to get a good pose in such a small space. The second is a tweak on the shotgun scene from Chapter 7.

Carol & Naomi:

BB Code:
Code:
[URL='https://f95zone.to/threads/now-then-v0-02-1-ilsproductions.51634/'][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/08/790199_000-fan_naomicarol.gif[/IMG][/URL]

BB Code:
Code:
[URL='https://f95zone.to/threads/now-then-v0-02-1-ilsproductions.51634/'][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/08/790200_000-fan_naomicarol2.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
We need to fast track finding a safe place to live with Carol and Naomi...like pronto, immediately, forthwith! When a woman like Carol makes a proposal like that you stop at nothing to make it a reality.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Though i'm a bit concerned what Mc means with ''when they are safe and she is only 18 she has time''...i mean mankind has gone tits up, infected everywhere, bandits, anarchy rules world wide and everey time u go outside could be ur last time...so safe doesn't exist anymore, likely not for decades to come...(thought yes, leaving the city takes priority, Mc should have begun with the preparations immediately when the energy was gone)

Even if they reach the bunker of Naomi's dad...the seasoned gamers among us know how hard/dangerous it can be to get a spare part for the water treatment plant of ur vau..bunker.

How could anyone seriously choose a girl other than Carol? That would be kind of blasphemy.
Thats cruel, Naomi is just as lovable as Carol, also seems to be in love with Mc for years, lost likely one or more family members and u don't want to give her the same love as Carol.
The post-apocalyptic setting is actual one where a polygamous relationship or harem would make sense and u know all the stuff about repopulating and making mankind great again...so do ur duty man :p

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
I agree all the way, that game was amazing, but the ending ruined it completly for me and now i'm questioning everything and can't immerse in his next game (which is also great). Btw, use spoilers man.
Absolytly agree with you man... I also love this game before finale relize... Ending it is F***ing Shit for real...

Reactions: Cernunnos.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Truer words have never been spoken.

Though i'm a bit concerned what Mc means with ''when they are safe and she is only 18 she has time''...i mean mankind has gone tits up, infected everywhere, bandits, anarchy rules world wide and everey time u go outside could be ur last time...so safe doesn't exist anymore, likely not for decades to come...(thought yes, leaving the city takes priority, Mc should have begun with the preparations immediately when the energy was gone)

Even if they reach the bunker of Naomi's dad...the seasoned gamers among us know how hard/dangerous it can be to get a spare part for the water treatment plant of ur vau..bunker.

Thats cruel, Naomi is just as lovable as Carol, also seems to be in love with Mc for years, lost likely one or more family members and u don't want to give her the same love as Carol.
The post-apocalyptic setting is actual one where a polygamous relationship or harem would make sense and u know all the stuff about repopulating and making mankind great again...so do ur duty man :p
Yeah the MC is being way too optimistic thinking he has that much time, but maybe that is a signal that this game won't be tragical.

Disagree with the polygamous relationship only working in an apocalypse, but I hope we at least get the option to make it polyamorous (them having a relationship with each other as well, at I think Naomi might be interested.)

4.50 star(s) 282 Votes