HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Well, I am all for kinetic novels since choices, most of the time, just lock you out of content anyway.
This guy gets it.

Depending on the "game" this locking the player out of content is even used in different ways, either it's a straight-up decision between two different scenes or something that matters in the long run where the player hasn't collected enough points with a character to unlock scenes with them. This is the reason why there is demand for walkthroughs for these games in the first place.

For this game as far as I see the choices don't matter anyway because I can get the harem ending with or without the mod so again all the choices do in this game is lock me out of content.

I'm not in a position where I really can support anyone but, To be honest, sometimes I think I would rather support the people who make the walkthroughs than the game devs themself because some Devs think they need to make their games as difficult as possible to play.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Well, I am all for kinetic novels since choices, most of the time, just lock you out of content anyway.
I've been following this thread since the very early chapters of the game, and it's amazing how often you'll find posts from someone who flies off the handle because they made choice A or choice B, and somewhere down the road the game acts as if they made the other. (In this particular game, it usually revolves around the Namoi/Sydney lesbian content, lol.) And the first thing they are asked is "do you have the mod installed?" And the answer is almost always "yes." Because, despite Zoey's best attempts to make it obvious, people install the mod not understanding that it BREAKS CHOICES when it shows all content. You're right, choices can lock out content. Mostly people make those choices because that's the result they're looking for.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
This guy gets it.

Depending on the "game" this locking the player out of content is even used in different ways, either it's a straight-up decision between two different scenes or something that matters in the long run where the player hasn't collected enough points with a character to unlock scenes with them. This is the reason why there is demand for walkthroughs for these games in the first place.

For this game as far as I see the choices don't matter anyway because I can get the harem ending with or without the mod so again all the choices do in this game is lock me out of content.

I'm not in a position where I really can support anyone but, To be honest, sometimes I think I would rather support the people who make the walkthroughs than the game devs themself because some Devs think they need to make their games as difficult as possible to play.
This game will have 160 possible endings per the dev. Your choices matter in the point that if you do certain things, you can lock out a girl, not knock her up (or knock her up), piss her off, etc. There are 5 different girls with endings (Carol, Naomi, Alice, Sydney, Hana), and each have multiple "endings".

Yes it technically is easy to get the Harem ending, but if you want a single playthrough with 1 girl, you can do that. Say you want a Carol only playthorugh - you can do it. There are infinite varieties of endings depending on how you like the characters. Just because a harem ending is possible, and what most people strive for, doesn't mean everyone will be going that path. The mod shows you all the scenes - which some are locked out due to mutual exclusivity. That does not mean you cannot get the harem ending, it just means you didn't see all the scenes with each girl along the way to get to the ending. What most people want is to see 100% the content, on one play through, and have the ending come out they way they want it. That doesn't happen with this game.

As someone who makes a few walkthroughs, I appreciate the thought of support (however won't setup a subscribestar or what have you). I agree some games need WT, as they are like too complex and make it "yeah I have to find this pixel and hit this key combo while gargling milk as I am humming the Star Spangled Banner". I personally think this game has done a great job as the choices do sort of matter, there are a few "game over moments" if you pick the wrong one, but besides that, the choices, are in line with the girls personalities, meaning it is pretty intuitive.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I've been following this thread since the very early chapters of the game, and it's amazing how often you'll find posts from someone who flies off the handle because they made choice A or choice B, and somewhere down the road the game acts as if they made the other. (In this particular game, it usually revolves around the Namoi/Sydney lesbian content, lol.) And the first thing they are asked is "do you have the mod installed?" And the answer is almost always "yes." Because, despite Zoey's best attempts to make it obvious, people install the mod not understanding that it BREAKS CHOICES when it shows all content. You're right, choices can lock out content. Mostly people make those choices because that's the result they're looking for.
Precisely, the Mod does exactly what it says it will do, with the warnings and all, show you all scenes. I do feel sorry for Zoey, as she works hard on this and the number of people that cannot read warnings is just unfathomable (yes I know not everyone is English as a first language).

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Precisely, the Mod does exactly what it says it will do, with the warnings and all, show you all scenes. I do feel sorry for Zoey, as she works hard on this and the number of people that cannot read warnings is just unfathomable (yes I know not everyone is English as a first language).
Well, there is some unclear details. For example, this mods unlocks scenes, cool, but what you understand in the word "scenes"? Just sex scenes? Or all scenes? (meaning, nonsex story scenes that happend at the same time in a lore, but mod allows you to see them both). I am not that far yet to understand exactly how it works. On the side note, chapters are quite short, but the game is still long, how often updates come?

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
This game will have 160 possible endings per the dev. Your choices matter in the point that if you do certain things, you can lock out a girl, not knock her up (or knock her up), piss her off, etc. There are 5 different girls with endings (Carol, Naomi, Alice, Sydney, Hana), and each have multiple "endings".

Yes it technically is easy to get the Harem ending, but if you want a single playthrough with 1 girl, you can do that. Say you want a Carol only playthorugh - you can do it. There are infinite varieties of endings depending on how you like the characters. Just because a harem ending is possible, and what most people strive for, doesn't mean everyone will be going that path. The mod shows you all the scenes - which some are locked out due to mutual exclusivity. That does not mean you cannot get the harem ending, it just means you didn't see all the scenes with each girl along the way to get to the ending. What most people want is to see 100% the content, on one play through, and have the ending come out they way they want it. That doesn't happen with this game.

As someone who makes a few walkthroughs, I appreciate the thought of support (however won't setup a subscribestar or what have you). I agree some games need WT, as they are like too complex and make it "yeah I have to find this pixel and hit this key combo while gargling milk as I am humming the Star Spangled Banner". I personally think this game has done a great job as the choices do sort of matter, there are a few "game over moments" if you pick the wrong one, but besides that, the choices, are in line with the girls personalities, meaning it is pretty intuitive.
About choices, I will always use a walkthrough when its available since in my eyes most choices are either super obvious or super obscure. Its about the outcome you want anyway, and since walkthrough shows you the way to that outcome...I dont see any reason not to use it. Unless its some puzzle or detective game, in those games I will never use a walkthrough. Because I will not even play it in the first place. Life already quite the puzzle, dont need those in games too.

Reactions: darlic

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
And it seems that the walkthrough is a bit outdated.
In ch.6 when you are honest with them they will give you +1 trust and nerve not love and nerve, which, in turn, leave you with 2 love points, not 3, because of that you miss out on flashing scene and another love point. Sad.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Pretty much. It is said that is a harem mod. Don't complain after downloading and using it.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner copy.jpg

Now & Then Chapter 25 Update #3 and release schedule
And here we are, ready for Chapter 25 to be released. Frankly, I'm surprised I managed to get it together by now. I guess having most of the script and code ready helps, though I do wish I'd had a little more time to tweak some stuff.

Let me tell you that I never want to have to do something like this ever again: salvaging an entire build that was a day or two from testing. Since Thursday, I had to pull together the code and screenshots from backups. I also had to recreate all 50 of the animations and about 200 of the renders, including most of two scenes that had to be redone due to lost assets. On top of this was that the recent Ren'py development kits weren't recently backed up, so I had to re-download those and try to get the settings tweaked back to how I like them.
Nowandthen Sample Pics 2.jpg

With this said, there may some minor issues with the PC and Android builds. Both are playable from a clean install. My issue on the PC side was that losing the SDK in the data loss wiped out a lot of my compatible saves, so testing was a bit of a mess for me. I'm hoping that this doesn't impact everyone else, but if so, I plan to add a download of saves at the end of Chapter 24 for players to use if need be.

The android version? It wouldn't let me install it for testing on my old tablet without deleting the already-installed 0.24.0. Doing so did let me install it and play. I was even able to back-load a copy of saves I had that worked fine. So, you may need to copy your saves, uninstall any older versions, install 0.25.0 and then manually load your saves back in the right folder. I'll provide more detail on this in a text file provided with the saves.

I hate that this happened, but considering the state of my files less than a week ago, I'm just happy to have anything playable ready to go.
Nowandthen Sample Pics copy.jpg

Here's the release schedule for 0.25.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - February 24, 2022
Tier 2 -
February 26, 2022
Tier 1 -
February 28, 2022
Public -
February 29 (aka March 1), 2022

Change Log 0.25.0
  • Added Chapter 25
  • Fixed minor typos
  • Fixed misspelling of Sydney's name in a few places
Thanks for your patronage and hope you enjoy,
- Kinderfeld

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Well, there is some unclear details. For example, this mods unlocks scenes, cool, but what you understand in the word "scenes"? Just sex scenes? Or all scenes? (meaning, nonsex story scenes that happend at the same time in a lore, but mod allows you to see them both). I am not that far yet to understand exactly how it works. On the side note, chapters are quite short, but the game is still long, how often updates come?
scenes = interactions (which could be sex, conversation, outcomes, etc.) Basically if there is a "pick A or B", you can use the mod to see both.

The chapters come about once a month, and if you still to the point of not being at the school, then you are not that far along. When you get to the school (CH 9), you start getting some very binary choices.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
And it seems that the walkthrough is a bit outdated.
In ch.6 when you are honest with them they will give you +1 trust and nerve not love and nerve, which, in turn, leave you with 2 love points, not 3, because of that you miss out on flashing scene and another love point. Sad.
This might have changed since I wrote it - I can go back through and see the code.

You are correct - It is trust and nerve (It was love and nerve, guess it changed from when I wrote it almost 1.5 years ago). I have updated for the last version (I have already written for CH 25 and submitted to Kinderfeld).

Reactions: Vizer007

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
scenes = interactions (which could be sex, conversation, outcomes, etc.) Basically if there is a "pick A or B", you can use the mod to see both.

The chapters come about once a month, and if you still to the point of not being at the school, then you are not that far along. When you get to the school (CH 9), you start getting some very binary choices.
Yeah, I decided to go with the mod after all, thankfully skip-through is quite fast in this game, so I quickly caught up)
And so far? Awesome story! I avoided this engine long enough and missed out on such gems! Though cant say I enjoyed song choice, maybe I will like it later, but not my cup of tea yet thats for sure.

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
View attachment 1670999

Now & Then Chapter 25 Update #3 and release schedule
And here we are, ready for Chapter 25 to be released. Frankly, I'm surprised I managed to get it together by now. I guess having most of the script and code ready helps, though I do wish I'd had a little more time to tweak some stuff.

Let me tell you that I never want to have to do something like this ever again: salvaging an entire build that was a day or two from testing. Since Thursday, I had to pull together the code and screenshots from backups. I also had to recreate all 50 of the animations and about 200 of the renders, including most of two scenes that had to be redone due to lost assets. On top of this was that the recent Ren'py development kits weren't recently backed up, so I had to re-download those and try to get the settings tweaked back to how I like them.
View attachment 1670997

With this said, there may some minor issues with the PC and Android builds. Both are playable from a clean install. My issue on the PC side was that losing the SDK in the data loss wiped out a lot of my compatible saves, so testing was a bit of a mess for me. I'm hoping that this doesn't impact everyone else, but if so, I plan to add a download of saves at the end of Chapter 24 for players to use if need be.

The android version? It wouldn't let me install it for testing on my old tablet without deleting the already-installed 0.24.0. Doing so did let me install it and play. I was even able to back-load a copy of saves I had that worked fine. So, you may need to copy your saves, uninstall any older versions, install 0.25.0 and then manually load your saves back in the right folder. I'll provide more detail on this in a text file provided with the saves.

I hate that this happened, but considering the state of my files less than a week ago, I'm just happy to have anything playable ready to go.
View attachment 1670998

Here's the release schedule for 0.25.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - February 24, 2022
Tier 2 - February 26, 2022
Tier 1 - February 28, 2022
Public - February 29 (aka March 1), 2022

Change Log 0.25.0
  • Added Chapter 25
  • Fixed minor typos
  • Fixed misspelling of Sydney's name in a few places
Thanks for your patronage and hope you enjoy,
- Kinderfeld
If other devs worked even half as fast :oops:
Scratch that. If other devs worked with even 10% that speed while delivering this kind of quality game!
This guy is a hero.

code991

Aug 21, 2021
I get this error when trying to load my save from yesterday ... any idea whats going on?

I cant continue my game now ... have to start from the beginning

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3910, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1053, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1243, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 975, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 910, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 767, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2173, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2005, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1923, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Now and Then 0.24.0
Fri Feb 25 06:56:54 2022

erkper

May 16, 2018
I get this error when trying to load my save from yesterday ... any idea whats going on?

I cant continue my game now ... have to start from the beginning

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3910, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 975, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 910, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 767, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2173, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2005, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1923, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Now and Then 0.24.0
Fri Feb 25 06:56:54 2022
Try to load an autosave, you may be able to continue from one of those instead of restarting all the way from the beginning.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes