code991

Aug 21, 2021
Try to load an autosave, you may be able to continue from one of those instead of restarting all the way from the beginning.
Wow now i feel dumb.

Why didnt i think of that?! I will try ty!

EDIT: Nope.Autosaves give the same error. I tried multiple autosaves, same issue. It was working fine yesterday evening ...

Last edited:
Reactions: IPsycho

erkper

May 16, 2018
Wow now i feel dumb.

EDIT: Nope.Autosaves give the same error. I tried multiple autosaves, same issue. It was working fine yesterday evening ...
And if I understand correctly this wasn't when you started a new version? That's really weird. There've been spotty issues with saves from the previous version having this sort of error, but usually the game can be salvaged from a autosave and I don't remember anyone else saying it happened without a version change.

Did you try to un-install and re-install? Could be a file got corrupted I suppose. Other than that I'm out of ideas. :(

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Wow now i feel dumb.

Which version are you playing (v24 or v25)?

If V24 - what Erkper said should work unless you were playing with the mod and that might cause issues. I recently posted a save (last couple of versions) so you can search if you truly are hosed.

If v25 - that might be different, as I had to go back to a v22 save for it to work properly (and my history crapped out, persistent was fine though) - Had something to do with the Dev having a HDD crash and having to rebuild some stuff. I believe if you are a Patreon - which v25 is only avail on Patreon currently - Dev stated he was uploading saves from the end of v24 to alleviate this known issue.

code991

Aug 21, 2021
V24

I had the mod but have since removed it. I also restarted the game and skipped to where i was. Newly made saves seem to work now.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Maybe a stupid question but is nerve something i want high or low?
It depends. Nerve is basically how scared they are. Higher the nerve, the less focused they are. They miss shots, do irrational things, say irrational thoughts. These are littered throughout the game. It does make a difference in the next chapter (25) but it is not game ending. Thats all I am saying since it isn't public.

MGUltimate

Dec 12, 2021
I thought nerve was how more likely they were to not panic? That's normally how it's used and it goes up when you do things with them.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
It depends. Nerve is basically how scared they are. Higher the nerve, the less focused they are. They miss shots, do irrational things, say irrational thoughts. These are littered throughout the game. It does make a difference in the next chapter (25) but it is not game ending. Thats all I am saying since it isn't public.
So I think your confusing your words or the creator is. Higher one NERVE is, calmer they are under pressure, while Higher ones NERVES are, more frantic they are. The S makes a huge difference. Your saying higher NERVE is less confidence, that doesn't make sense grammatically. NERVES yes, NERVE no :p So which is it.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I thought nerve was how more likely they were to not panic? That's normally how it's used and it goes up when you do things with them.
More like how stressed they are. When you tell them something bad, nerve goes up. When they see an infected or bandit causing mayhem, nerve goes up. And as Mordred93 says, when they are stressed/nervous they do things a calm, rational person is less likely to do. (Panic is one of those things, so you were on the right track.)

LeonJKennedy

DSO Operative
Donor
Mar 15, 2021
More like how stressed they are. When you tell them something bad, nerve goes up. When they see an infected or bandit causing mayhem, nerve goes up. And as Mordred93 says, when they are stressed/nervous they do things a calm, rational person is less likely to do. (Panic is one of those things, so you were on the right track.)
Hmm, okay. I thought that the higher the nerve stat, the more "hardened" they are but maybe I got it all wrong then.

I thought this too.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
So I think your confusing your words or the creator is. Higher one NERVE is, calmer they are under pressure, while Higher ones NERVES are, more frantic they are. The S makes a huge difference. Your saying higher NERVE is less confidence, that doesn't make sense grammatically. NERVES yes, NERVE no :p So which is it.
Nerve is the name of the stat, the Dev could have meant nervousness - and just didn't want to spell it out. Anyways - the definition is in the game - so how they (the dev) use it is already laid out.

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Nerve is a "cosmetic" stat anyway, you won't have a game over or lose a girl with a bad nerve stat

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021

Now & Then Version 0.25.0 Now Live

Part Three: Chapter Twenty-five [Version 0.25.0]

In the aftermath of the gunfight with Sutter, Jack and the girls attempt to refocus on settling into White Oak. Little do they know that the remains of Sutter's crew is still in the area and looking to be a problem.

Windows: -
Mac:
-
Android:
-
Walkthrough*: -
Saves: -
* Courtesy of internet denizen Mordred93

Change Log 0.25.0

• Added Chapter 25
  • Fixed minor typos
  • Fixed misspelling of Sydney's name in a few places