SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I can absolutely believe Syd find's some word her parents are already dead from another of the survivors a few weeks into her stay at the Female Camp and decides to try and find Jack.
What we know.... If I remember correctly her parents went to the college to get her brother. What we learned in this update.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
With this knowledge she is at a dead end. As you have said there is a large number of women inside many of which seemed to have shown up with husbands, fathers, boyfriends etc etc all of which had been sent off to the "Hotel" None ever heard from again and the last one sent there just before the MC lying dead with a bullet to the chest on the 5th floor. No one seems to bat a eye now one seems to care. None of this in any way is logical or realistic. As I have said a few times now my family would not have just said ok and left my side yet all these women did just that with no rhyme or reason to make is sound plausible.
Time frame for all these men going there is only a couple of months so if we take the number as said in the hundreds of women inside that would be within reason at least one man per day and at least 60 men or more just gone... walked away forgetting about their women and the women forgetting about them. Again this is why I have said the update needs a rewrite or expanded or something because none of it fits none of it make any sense at all and with the relationship the MC has/had with the other girls they would not have left his side at any point because he is their only family and would have wanted to stick together.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

What I personally cant get past is that we had to trade one harem member for another.
I do not care about any sort of justification, I just want Syd back and I do not care what story nonsense we have to pull to get her back, I'm already believing everyone being fine with a suspiciously absent male population, I can absolutely believe Syd find's some word her parents are already dead from another of the survivors a few weeks into her stay at the Female Camp and decides to try and find Jack.
Truth be told i was half expecting Sydney to die in the fire because of her insistence on waiting for her parents to come meet her. So she staying on this community was a happier ending for her than i was expecting, even if she will spend her days with the vain hope of meeting her family again. At least she will be safe of body and mind in this place. :)

About the place, Julie claims there are around two hundred people inside and she says she run into Merilee while wandering the city. That Merilee's group was rounding up people to save and that they were already focusing on saving/recruiting only women and children from early on. So it is likely any adult male was simply from groups that stumbled onto their checkpoint some time later. So most people inside wouldn't have anyone waiting for them into the hotel, in fact Julie only mentions Allie's husband Carl as being there at that moment.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
What we know.... If I remember correctly her parents went to the college to get her brother. What we learned in this update.
With this knowledge she is at a dead end. As you have said there is a large number of women inside many of which seemed to have shown up with husbands, fathers, boyfriends etc etc all of which had been sent off to the "Hotel" None ever heard from again and the last one sent there just before the MC lying dead with a bullet to the chest on the 5th floor. No one seems to bat a eye now one seems to care. None of this in any way is logical or realistic. As I have said a few times now my family would not have just said ok and left my side yet all these women did just that with no rhyme or reason to make is sound plausible.
Time frame for all these men going there is only a couple of months so if we take the number as said in the hundreds of women inside that would be within reason at least one man per day and at least 60 men or more just gone... walked away forgetting about their women and the women forgetting about them. Again this is why I have said the update needs a rewrite or expanded or something because none of it fits none of it make any sense at all and with the relationship the MC has/had with the other girls they would not have left his side at any point because he is their only family and would have wanted to stick together.
It is stated by Julie that Merilee was recruiting only women and children from early on so likely any male would be from groups that found the place on their own. In fact Julie mentions only one single couple using the hotel: Allie and Carl. No idea from where you took this bizarre 60 men number because it wasn't from the game.

Also "again this is why I have said the update needs a rewrite or expanded or something because none of it fits none of it make any sense at all and with the relationship the MC has/had with the other girls they would not have left his side at any point because he is their only family and would have wanted to stick together".

Really? :rolleyes:
Naomi literally has her mother Alice living inside the compound and Sydney was at most a friendly fuckbuddy with both Jack and Naomi and she never hid wanting to wait for her parents, hope which got renewed when she saw Alice and Naomi reunited.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
It is stated by Julie that Merilee was recruiting only women and children from early on so likely any male would be from groups that found the place on their own. In fact Julie mentions only one single couple using the hotel: Allie and Carl. No idea from where you took this bizarre 60 men number because it wasn't from the game.

Also "again this is why I have said the update needs a rewrite or expanded or something because none of it fits none of it make any sense at all and with the relationship the MC has/had with the other girls they would not have left his side at any point because he is their only family and would have wanted to stick together".

Really? :rolleyes:
Naomi literally has her mother Alice living inside the compound and Sydney was at most a friendly fuckbuddy with both Jack and Naomi and she never hid wanting to wait for her parents, hope which got renewed when she saw Alice and Naomi reunited.
Right on. Carol will not leave the MC for anything. Naomi would only leave the MC for Alice, but thankfully she didn't have to make that choice.

Sydney has always been ready to bounce as soon as she found her family. Staying at the settlement gives her the best chance of that and is objectively safer than leaving the city. It's a no-brainer for her despite how she's grown to care for MC and the girls.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Truth be told i was half expecting Sydney to die in the fire because of her insistence on waiting for her parents to come meet her. So she staying on this community was a happier ending for her than i was expecting, even if she will spend her days with the vain hope of meeting her family again. At least she will be safe of body and mind in this place. :)

About the place, Julie claims there are around two hundred people inside and she says she run into Merilee while wandering the city. That Merilee's group was rounding up people to save and that they were already focusing on saving/recruiting only women and children from early on. So it is likely any adult male was simply from groups that stumbled onto their checkpoint some time later. So most people inside wouldn't have anyone waiting for them into the hotel, in fact Julie only mentions Allie's husband Carl as being there at that moment.
I believe early on when they first meet Julie again she mentions that there are a group of men staying at the hotel.
She only mentions Allie's husband by name but she definitely said there was a group of them.
The thing is, she mentions that most of the men have moved on, so that means there were a large number of them.
This is where things break down, because how does a large number of men just abandon their families?
Will one of two of them do it? Sure, but when you have a population of hundreds just sheer statistics state there would be more then a few men in those groups that are saved. Would Merilee's group just forcibly separate the women from the men out in the town? Sure, some families would say "At least get my wife and kids to safety" but I'm sure at least 50% would refuse to be separated.

Its just a break down in logic to assume that you can have a group of Hundreds of women and children who would just accept that their Husbands/older sons/grandpa's up and left them. The sheer wait of numbers and the way the story is told about the Amazon camp just doesn't make sense man.

That is just the camp itself, getting into character motivations for Julie is hard because we as an audience have no idea the kind of day to day life Julie has lived for the past few months. Hell as close as we've gotten to Sydney in such a short time could easily proved Julie has some deep ties she isnt willing to cut right away.

That being said, had I been in Julie's situation, had a daughter and all the women above a certain age were being exiled only to find out they have been killed in secret and my female friend just survived an assassination attempt.... I might not GTFO immediately, but I would absolutely start making moves to either kill those responsible or get the people I care about in the camp the fuck out of there.
Maybe this will happen in future updates? If not, then I'm assuming she's dead because logically no way Julie just goes along with it.

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
Right on. Carol will not leave the MC for anything. Naomi would only leave the MC for Alice, but thankfully she didn't have to make that choice.

Sydney has always been ready to bounce as soon as she found her family. Staying at the settlement gives her the best chance of that and is objectively safer than leaving the city. It's a no-brainer for her despite how she's grown to care for MC and the girls.
Naomi was absolutely willing to leave her mom.
"She told me if I ever wanted to see her again I had to pack a bag and come with her." - Alice

Sydney is a special case as she did not know the MC that long.
I will say I can kinda see Syd staying at first, it makes a bit of sense considering how reticent she has been to give up on her family. But that starts to fall apart when you consider the crux of this episode. The supposed safe haven just tried to kill the man that has saved her life time and time again, someone she's been falling in love with. Added to the fact that the university was completely overrun? I can see Syd sticking around for a few more weeks, maybe plumb all the information she can out of the fellow survivors about her parents/brother but she has to realize that these people are more likely to kill her family then accept them.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Naomi would only leave the MC for Alice, but thankfully she didn't have to make that choice.
Actually, based on Alice's comments, I expect to learn that Naomi gave her mom the following choice: "Mom I love you but I'm leaving with the MC and Carol. I'm sure you're welcome to join us and I really want you to come with us, but I'm outta here no matter what.

Reactions: Glooskabe

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
I believe early on when they first meet Julie again she mentions that there are a group of men staying at the hotel.
She only mentions Allie's husband by name but she definitely said there was a group of them.
The thing is, she mentions that most of the men have moved on, so that means there were a large number of them.
"A group of men" and "most of them moving on" does not equal "a large number of men". Six is a group of men. Five of them moving on as most of them. That is not a large number of men. I think a lot of people who have issues with this update are reading way more into it then be dev put there.

This is where things break down, because how does a large number of men just abandon their families?
Will one of two of them do it? Sure, but when you have a population of hundreds just sheer statistics state there would be more then a few men in those groups that are saved. Would Merilee's group just forcibly separate the women from the men out in the town? Sure, some families would say "At least get my wife and kids to safety" but I'm sure at least 50% would refuse to be separated.
And who's to say that this didn't happen? The women in the camp would be the ones that don't have men, or that were willing to leave their men.

The fact is we don't know enough about the camp to be making those kinds of suppositions.

All we know for sure is that the leader of the camp wanted to be women and children only because there are way too many men out there we're taking advantage of the lawlessness to become violent and rapists. Is all factual information that we've already seen playing through the game.

And we know that there was one of the members of the camp who murders men. She was a member of the inner circle, but we have no idea get the inner circle was aware for extracurricular activities.

We also know that Julie is trustworthy. Alice is trustworthy. Both of them have spent a lot of time in the camp and have not noticed anything really bad going on. We know that the women and children there feel safe. Are in fact safe for the moment.

Everything else is simply guesswork.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Actually, based on Alice's comments, I expect to learn that Naomi gave her mom the following choice: "Mom I love you but I'm leaving with the MC and Carol. I'm sure you're welcome to join us and I really want you to come with us, but I'm outta here no matter what.
It's fact that she gave her mom an ultimatum. Lol

But the point still stands that if anybody could have gotten Naomi to leave MC and Carol, it would have been her mom.

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
"A group of men" and "most of them moving on" does not equal "a large number of men". Six is a group of men. Five of them moving on as most of them. That is not a large number of men. I think a lot of people who have issues with this update are reading way more into it then be dev put there.

And who's to say that this didn't happen? The women in the camp would be the ones that don't have men, or that were willing to leave their men.

The fact is we don't know enough about the camp to be making those kinds of suppositions.

All we know for sure is that the leader of the camp wanted to be women and children only because there are way too many men out there we're taking advantage of the lawlessness to become violent and rapists. Is all factual information that we've already seen playing through the game.

And we know that there was one of the members of the camp who murders men. She was a member of the inner circle, but we have no idea get the inner circle was aware for extracurricular activities.

We also know that Julie is trustworthy. Alice is trustworthy. Both of them have spent a lot of time in the camp and have not noticed anything really bad going on. We know that the women and children there feel safe. Are in fact safe for the moment.

Everything else is simply guesswork.
I will admit, you got me that Julie never states exactly how many men the women of the camp have had.
Just that "Currently a group of them are staying at this hotel" and she mention's her friends husband by name. bare in mind, in a group of hundreds, I would hardly expect Julie to know every woman there, let alone which of them had men at the hotel, so the fact that she only mentions one of the top her head means nothing.

It absolutely is supposition but it isn't believable that in a group of hundreds in the camp, that there were only a handful of men attached to the people that found the camp/were saved by patrols.
Statistically speaking, this would be improbable in the extreme.

And yes, I agree with you, the fact that Julie is trustworthy and hasn't noticed anything wrong points to me that this story point means either Julie is an idiot, or this part of the story doesn't make sense.

And ya know, the Amazon camp is the least of my worries about this update, but the more and more I think about it and read posts with people trying to explain away why this is all completely logical and making sense the more and more I have to rationally think about it and the more and more it breaks down for me in the story. It just doesn't make sense with the way people act. People torn away from their families, especially in a crisis cling to them more so.

Hell, look at Sydney.
(And I hate it)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
It's fact that she gave her mom an ultimatum. Lol

But the point still stands that if anybody could have gotten Naomi to leave MC and Carol, it would have been her mom.
Agree, but given the choice Naomi chose the MC and Carol. So mom came along. Besides, Alice has lost her husband and based on the back story she's had an "interest" in the MC long before the shit hit the fan. Maybe her choice was a lot easier than we might think.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
And ya know, the Amazon camp is the least of my worries about this update, but the more and more I think about it and read posts with people trying to explain away why this is all completely logical and making sense the more and more I have to rationally think about it and the more and more it breaks down for me in the story. It just doesn't make sense with the way people act. People torn away from their families, especially in a crisis cling to them more so.

Hell, look at Sydney.
(And I hate it)
Hate it all you want - but that is how people react. People give up liberty all the time for a little security. People do it daily. So put me in a place with people that will protect me, food, electricity, water in an apocalypse, and I will put up without sleeping next to my loved one for a little while. Fathers live decades away from their family while they work in other countries to send money back home to wife/kids. This shit happens.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Hate it all you want - but that is how people react. People give up liberty all the time for a little security. People do it daily. So put me in a place with people that will protect me, food, electricity, water in an apocalypse, and I will put up without sleeping next to my loved one for a little while. Fathers live decades away from their family while they work in other countries to send money back home to wife/kids. This shit happens.
True.
Also we can't expect people to act the same as before the apocalypse. Without civilization's morals and rules (and the people who enforce said rules) people who survive will adapt one way or the other.

Case in point Carol, Jack and Naomi would never act on their sexual attraction before the colapse of civilization. Meanwhile a bunch of college students turned into brutal killers and rapists and a soldier Cassie reached the conclusion (maybe alone or with other female soldiers/cops) of killing all the men around their settlement.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
True.
Also we can't expect people to act the same as before the apocalypse. Without civilization's morals and rules (and the people who enforce said rules) people who survive will adapt one way or the other.

Case in point Carol, Jack and Naomi would never act on their sexual attraction before the colapse of civilization. Meanwhile a bunch of college students turned into brutal killers and rapists and a soldier Cassie reached the conclusion (maybe alone or with other female soldiers/cops) of killing all the men around their settlement.
Which makes this story all the more juicy :)

• Haha
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yikes, "heartless ass" because I don't think a kid being added to the group in a zombie porn game is a good idea? Lol ok. I agree with most of your post before that though. However, MC has shown he can barely take care of himself and the girls he already has, why add more especially a child? We both know how it would end... the kid would be a constant nuisance until it got dead and then Julie would be broken. If Julie didn't have a kid and wasn't an idiot I would have taken her on in a heartbeat though.

I have a feeling we will have our hands full with Naomi and Alice in the next update anyway. Naomi already "ran away" at the compound to be with MC because of Alice and Alice probably has a TBI. We'll just have to see how it plays out.
While i don't think adding a baby to the group would be a really good idea, i don't think it would change much, if anything...

We have Alice, traumatized by the lose of her family, memory problems, spontaneous blackouts and some head trauma, which may or may not get worse.
I mean, what should we do with her ?
She doesn't seem like she could hold herself in a fight, or even escape from some infected.
Not that this is an option either way, with her blackouts u can't take her out for scavenging or anywhere close to an unsafe place, one blackout in the wrong moment and she is dead, or will be captured, risking the life of anyone else.
U probably also don't want entrust her with any crucial preparations, or else her memory problems may bite u in the ass later on.
So if u don't have some safe location, like the school or the compund, where u don't need to worry she is getting killed, someone needs to stay with her 24/7 to guard her. If there would be a baby in the mix, just let Alice take care of it, she has something to do and the baby is taken care of, someone to protect Alice u need either way.

The only benefits Alice has over a baby is, u don't need to change diapers, well and that u can have sex with her (probably), on the downside u will have more relationship/Naomi drama.
Even if i like her character, letting her fate stay unknown, would have been better imo.

Last edited:

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
It's unlocked in chapter 15 after finishing this chapter. So you need to play it again or use the mod, i think.
While i don't think adding a baby to the group would be a really good idea, i don't think it would change much, if anything...

We have Alice, traumatized by the lose of her family, memory problems, spontaneous blackouts and some head trauma, which may or may not get worse.
I mean, what should we do with her ?
She doesn't seem like she could hold herself in a fight, or even escape from some infected.
Not that this is an option either way, with her blackouts u can't take her out for scavenging or anywhere close to an unsafe place, one blackout in the wrong moment and she is dead, or will be captured, risking the life of anyone else.
U probably also don't want entrust her with any crucial preparations, or else her memory problems may bite u in the ass later on.
So if u don't have some safe location, like the school or the compund, where u don't need to worry she is getting killed, someone needs to stay with her 24/7 to guard her. If there would be a baby in the mix, just let Alice take care of it, she has something to do and the baby is taken care of, someone to protect Alice u need either way.

The only benefits Alice has over a baby is, u don't need to change diapers, well and that u can have sex with her (probably), on the downside u will have more relationship/Naomi drama.
Even if i like her character, letting her fate stay unknown, would have been better imo.
HAHAHA you just explained how much of a liability Alice is then suggested she take care of the baby!

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
So most people inside wouldn't have anyone waiting for them into the hotel, in fact Julie only mentions Allie's husband Carl as being there at that moment.
I took that to be a mad red flag when I read it. Compound full of women, trigger happy guard at the gate and all the men associated with those inside are sent to stay at a hotel but when you arrive you're the only one there? Hmmm, I wonder what happened to them....

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
HAHAHA you just explained how much of a liability Alice is then suggested she take care of the baby!
She is a liability in dangerous areas, so u will need to keep her safe, child or not.
I don't see a reason why she couldn't take care, while being in a (relative) safe place and accompanied by one of the girls, while MC/MC + a girl are out patroling/scavenging or whatever.
She is not retarded or disabled + she raised 2 kids and none cares if she spaces out for a few minutes (while being in a safe place), it's not like other parents have their eyes on a child every single minute, worst case, one of the girls would be there.

That being said, Alice is more than enough to take care of.
May the plot-armor be with her. (otherwise i don't think she will live long, seeing how planless and unprepared the MC is)

Reactions: m4pII
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes