Recommending NTR, netorare, cuckold - resources, discussion, development

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
tbh I'm starting to think most ntr games would be x2 better if there was an option to avoid ntr. A lot of games already have this, and I'm not saying the avoiding has to have an equal amount of scenes or anything, but idk.

It feels like there's an itch not being scratched when I play a ntr game and the ntr is SUPER avoidable, but you can't do anything about it anyways. Like dawg I've played some games where all the mc would have to do to stop the ntr is give his girl one little taste of his dick, but he just doesn't do it. It's still hot, but man, I feel incomplete.

I also prefer to do non-ntr routes first, to get a better idea of the mc and love interest, then restart once I finish. Almost like I'm entering the dark timelines. Scars of summer is a good example of this.
I feel the same lol i don't play NTR only games i like when its avoidable , like there are ntr route and non NTR route what the MC can have and what he can Lose its better this way , let's say in the Non NTR run the MC could have had this girl and built relationship and got married and in the ntr route where he get cucked it plays off really good and it also can add to the story weither its Sharing and accepting to share your girl , fighting back to get her back i mean NTR can make games faar better i dislike harem games and focused NTR where u can't do nothing but something between this that made right can open the door for lot of good things

Reactions: cleanfeel
Apr 5, 2022
tbh I'm starting to think most ntr games would be x2 better if there was an option to avoid ntr. A lot of games already have this, and I'm not saying the avoiding has to have an equal amount of scenes or anything, but idk.

It feels like there's an itch not being scratched when I play a ntr game and the ntr is SUPER avoidable, but you can't do anything about it anyways. Like dawg I've played some games where all the mc would have to do to stop the ntr is give his girl one little taste of his dick, but he just doesn't do it. It's still hot, but man, I feel incomplete.

I also prefer to do non-ntr routes first, to get a better idea of the mc and love interest, then restart once I finish. Almost like I'm entering the dark timelines. Scars of summer is a good example of this.
I think your problem is playing crappy NTR games, because unfortunately most of them are going to have a super generic and convenient story for the MC to be dumb enough to be betrayed for whatever futile reason and keep getting betrayed. The solution for this market is not to make games with avoidable NTR, as this would transform the market that is already heavily criticized for this fetish into a place that would serve even more those who complain about them. Knowing this, the best way to resolve the situation is if developers were more capable not only of resources but of mentality, so we would have very good games in terms of technical quality and script. Despite this, you must take into account the types of netorare, if you like complex stories you will have to look for quality games on the market, in addition to simpler stories. A good example of a somewhat complex NTR game is the Girlfriend tapes, where the story is very good, the MC is not stupid and is actually very suspicious that he might be a cuckold, however his girlfriend is very sneaky in the meantime, making with the NTR extending even if the MC isn't dumb and generic to let that happen.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
View attachment 2616831

Has anyone tried this game? The art looks good, girl is hot and the boss is right up my alley, but the translation is a little off...
It will be on steam with a proper translation + it's netori, the girl is actually the boss's wife and the player will steal her from him

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018

Same here. That's probably why I really liked Nebel. Not only the graphic is superb, but I loved all the mechanics that the developer came up with. Yes, a lot of people here berate this game for its grind or the complexity of those mechanics. But honestly, without the guide, when I first launched this game and walked around the dungeon, called Kana on the phone (She was already with the villain at the time) and heard her heavy breathing my heart just sank. I think that's just what everyone here loves in this thread, don't they? It was important to me that I could save her, and naturally I didn't do it very well. Poor translation, plus little understanding of the mechanics, didn't serve me right. Jeez, even if the developer had polished up all his mechanics a little bit, reduced the grind, the game would have been a 10 out of 10 easily! The only two things I strongly disliked about the game. Too shallow exposition of the relationship with Kana, and the dates with her. Basically, we're given the same lines, and they're pretty sparse, like talking to her about nothing. So I couldn't attach to her more because of that, she felt more like just a co-worker to me. And the second, most important point, is the excessive pursuit of Kana. We're literally playing the role of a stalker! Some may like it, but I felt like a paranoid psychopath, calling her every hour and investigating all her movements. The idea itself is very cool, but I would still refine that mechanic. Gave her more opportunities to fight back on her own if her purity is high, plus somehow else reduce the need for such close pursuit. Maybe reduce the number of time windows when this might happen and give her the ability to call you herself, warning you and being more specific about how she feels and how you can help. This is all true at the beginning of the game, when she's innocent. But if the player spits on all this and ignores her, then I would have done as the author did in the original. With stalking her all day, vague explanations on the phone, etc.

Unfortunately because of this last point, I did not find the strength to finish this game, well, I also wanted to wait for a normal translation. However, I downloaded it just in case, and I think maybe I will play it again in the future. But I am concerned about one thing. The same feelings I had the first time, when I didn't understand the mechanics and had no idea how to save her, being worried (and slightly excited :D) because of her voice on the phone, will not occur again. Also, I'm cheated at the end, with the cameras, to find out how it all works. Anyway, too bad you can't erase your memory and go through it again, sigh.

Last edited:

melantha

Jan 21, 2019

so interesting reading this thread. I like to know more what people want in NTR games, the approach, what they look for and what to avoid.

specifically for the game I'm conceptualizing, I think it hits your spot.
so I'd like to know if everyone is interested in a mechanic like this.

- MC POV, screen shows the room/environment
- MC is distracted, either reading a book, painting, sleeping, etc
(distracted is just an excuse to advance NTR scene even though its happening in front of you)

As you advance the dialog:
- Stage 1) FMC is there in the room/environment, just chilling around
- Stage 2) FMC will be approached by other man/men

At this point, a button will show up to [Interrupt] the scene ANYTIME during dialog
So the player has the option to interrupt or continue watching the NTR unfold

- Stage 3) other man/men gets closer to FMC (sometimes touch)

At this point, FMC may also auto-interrupt herself and end the scene based on ♥ with mc

- Stage 4) other man/men touches FMC
- Stage 5) FMC have sex with him/them

note that each stage is not just one click, it's an ADV dialog scene and builds up on the situation

Interrupt Obstacle:
As you progress stages, there will be an obstacle to player interrupting the scene.
Stage 3 = 1 press interrupt will end scene
Stage 4 = needs 2 presses to interrupt (means it will advance the dialog the first time you press it)
Stage 5 = needs 3 presses to interrupt, also advances dialog first two times
The purpose is to punish those who, tries just to watch NTR scene up to a limit, EXAMPLE they want to interrupt right before penetration, but then they discover they needed to press it 3x because it's already stage 5, and so the penetration occurs anyways because dialog advances 2 more times. sorry player.

My question is, has any other game done this before? because if it is, I'd like to check it for reference.

I can give you guys more of the concept, i.e. world, costume mechanics, etc if you're interested.
Only concept phase for now, and some sketches.

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
so interesting reading this thread. I like to know more what people want in NTR games, the approach, what they look for and what to avoid.

(distracted is just an excuse to advance NTR scene even though its happening in front of you)

At this point, a button will show up to [Interrupt] the scene ANYTIME during dialog

At this point, FMC may also auto-interrupt herself and end the scene based on ♥ with mc

note that each stage is not just one click, it's an ADV dialog scene and builds up on the situation

Interrupt Obstacle:
As you progress stages, there will be an obstacle to player interrupting the scene.
Stage 4 = needs 2 presses to interrupt (means it will advance the dialog the first time you press it)
The purpose is to punish those who, tries just to watch NTR scene up to a limit, EXAMPLE they want to interrupt right before penetration, but then they discover they needed to press it 3x because it's already stage 5, and so the penetration occurs anyways because dialog advances 2 more times. sorry player.

My question is, has any other game done this before? because if it is, I'd like to check it for reference.

I can give you guys more of the concept, i.e. world, costume mechanics, etc if you're interested.
what i like about ntr is the corruption of the heroine/+mc, and the humiliation and despair of mc.
for the corruption part, the slower the better, by that i mean slow and steady progression, that even a small change for the heroine, like trying/improving a new sex act, different outfit, etc.
but i dislike repeated scenes with no progression at all, it doesn't seem to fit in an ntr game for me.
for the humiliation i mean the antagonist/+heroine orchestrate for mc to be humiliated.
i personally prefer for the mc to be at least partially aware of the ntr at some point and try to fight against it. (but fail of course)

Reactions: Amanda Carter

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018

Interrupt Obstacle:

Upd.
From what you have described, it looks more like netorase than netorare, to be honest.
The thing with you pretending to be distracted and not paying attention to what is happening. If it's not netorase nature, I would make it more complicated than just clicking on choices. It all depends of course on your level of skill in coding and the engine you're using. So far, it sounds more like renpy (just a guess). Anyway, I would try to be more creative about it. As making chains of events and actions that lead to such outcome. Why are you sleeping so hard and don't hear anything what is happening? Maybe you're so tired from killing goblins until late at night that even your girlfriend's moans can't wake you up. Or you bought a cheap healing potion to fight goblins, but it had side effects that can make you less attentive to the surrounding or make you sleepy. Why are you so engrossed in a book that you don't notice what's going on? Maybe your game has stats and your perception stats are too low because you had to spend points on strength to kill goblins more efficiently. That's why while you're reading, you don't see what is happening! That's just ideas of the back of my head.
In general, if you really want to make a game rather than a visual novel, then I would try to make it interactive. Not just pick and choose what you like. All actions should have consequences. Someone might deceive you and it shouldn't be obvious, you might take a wrong turn on the road, etc.

It's much more interesting than just choosing options, getting distracted and interrupting the event or pretending not to notice it.

I don't know what others suggest on that matter, but if I knew more about story itself, game idea, scenario I could have share more thoughts about it. If you don't mind, you can pm me. I like to keep my brain cells busy with creative things, ha-ha.

Last edited:

MeepMoop123

Nov 1, 2017
I'm surprised no one mentioned Lustful Spirit Hunt since it had a recent update. It has a similar setting to Nebel Geister Jager but with alot softer NTR. Whiles it isn't the best NTR game i have played and still has alot of flaws (for example the translation for it) it's still quite interesting and really worth taking a look at.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lustful-spirit-hunt-v0-1-0-lags.139831/

Last edited:
Reactions: cleanfeel

KordNTR

Aug 7, 2017

Yup, there is a major lack of NTR games that actually make you work for your NTR, the only one tha does it reasonably well (that comes to mind right now) is A Struggle With Sin although playing that game without a walkthrough is pretty hard.

melantha

Jan 21, 2019
Upd.
From what you have described, it looks more like netorase than netorare, to be honest.
The thing with you pretending to be distracted and not paying attention to what is happening. If it's not netorase nature, I would make it more complicated than just clicking on choices. It all depends of course on your level of skill in coding and the engine you're using. So far, it sounds more like renpy (just a guess). Anyway, I would try to be more creative about it. As making chains of events and actions that lead to such outcome. Why are you sleeping so hard and don't hear anything what is happening? Maybe you're so tired from killing goblins until late at night that even your girlfriend's moans can't wake you up. Or you bought a cheap healing potion to fight goblins, but it had side effects that can make you less attentive to the surrounding or make you sleepy. Why are you so engrossed in a book that you don't notice what's going on? Maybe your game has stats and your perception stats are too low because you had to spend points on strength to kill goblins more efficiently. That's why while you're reading, you don't see what is happening! That's just ideas of the back of my head.
In general, if you really want to make a game rather than a visual novel, then I would try to make it interactive. Not just pick and choose what you like. All actions should have consequences. Someone might deceive you and it shouldn't be obvious, you might take a wrong turn on the road, etc.

It's much more interesting than just choosing options, getting distracted and interrupting the event or pretending not to notice it.

I don't know what others suggest on that matter, but if I knew more about story itself, game idea, scenario I could have share more thoughts about it. If you don't mind, you can pm me. I like to keep my brain cells busy with creative things, ha-ha.
very good point, I did not think on that angle. It does step the line into netorase.

meanwhile, the non-netorase is only the Interrupt Obstacle, where MC does not want it, but gets NTR'd anyway.
but I admit that it happens only for a few dialog lines so its not enough.

it was a good choice consulting here. maybe I can make a thread over at development forums.
do they accept threads there that are only concept phase with no material?

Febui

May 6, 2022
Cliché and, on it's own, not much to comment on. Works.
Without it being tied to the gameplay elements, this system adds nothing special, so it's only up to who well you've written the characters and scenes. Things like Scars of Summer and Nebel Geisterjager add in both mystery of not knowing precisely if NTR is happening yet and also adding a limit to how many times you can interrupt within a given period. So, if you try to interrupt but nothing is going on, you have wasted it, and you might trap yourself in being unable to stop the NTR when it does happen (if it happens soon after, before your interruptions refreshes)
A lot of people that like it to be avoidable also like it to be something they actually try and fail to avoid. When it's all right there in front of you and it's just "NTR? >Yes >No" it doesn't really accomplish the same thing.
But I don't know what everyone else wants.

punish those who, tries just to watch NTR scene up to a limit
Eh, i think it's lacking.

melantha

Jan 21, 2019
Cliché and, on it's own, not much to comment on. Works.
Without it being tied to the gameplay elements, this system adds nothing special, so it's only up to who well you've written the characters and scenes. Things like Scars of Summer and Nebel Geisterjager add in both mystery of not knowing precisely if NTR is happening yet and also adding a limit to how many times you can interrupt within a given period. So, if you try to interrupt but nothing is going on, you have wasted it, and you might trap yourself in being unable to stop the NTR when it does happen (if it happens soon after, before your interruptions refreshes)
A lot of people that like it to be avoidable also like it to be something they actually try and fail to avoid. When it's all right there in front of you and it's just "NTR? >Yes >No" it doesn't really accomplish the same thing.
But I don't know what everyone else wants.

Eh, i think it's lacking.
thanks for feedback, good to know these.

I tried the nebel game just today, and saw it was almost exactly what i was thinking, but did it better
while it has camera, but the idea of a single pov and characters just change positions in the room
and it also has interrrupt mechanic. though i do think it was complicated mechanics.

dem. looks like my idea wasn't unique at all. felt like I got NTR'd of the concept for real lmao

will have to go back to drawing board to make it more special

Sep 8, 2021
thanks for feedback, good to know these.

I tried the nebel game just today, and saw it was almost exactly what i was thinking, but did it better
while it has camera, but the idea of a single pov and characters just change positions in the room
and it also has interrrupt mechanic. though i do think it was complicated mechanics.

dem. looks like my idea wasn't unique at all. felt like I got NTR'd of the concept for real lmao

will have to go back to drawing board to make it more special
Don't get too hung up on the unquiness of it all. Sometimes all you need is your own little personlization and effort for a game to feel special.

Dozens of copy paste games are made every month. You don't know which ones are the best by uniqueness, you know based on heart and effort.

Make whatever you want. As long as you really try, I'm sure it'll do fine.

2022meinfzone

Sep 5, 2022
For me, ntr scenes shouldn't happen as a punishment (fail a battle/a quest...). IMO, they're boring and one dimensional.
I enjoy ntr element as a option, and I very much like heroines who have a mind on their own, like Lena from Our Red Strings, Alexia in Seeds of Chaos, or the Priestess in The Hero party must fall: the heroes love them and do things that get their respective relationship closer? Yes. But the girl in their gameplay section get choices to get it on with other guys as well, and for some reasons they do just that.

I can't list more games like that atm, but to sum it up, my point is: To go with choices that are obviously bad decisions (from MC's perspective) as well as NTR scenes happening because of player inputs ONLY, are unpalatable and lower the enjoyment.

Just wanna voice my thoughts, sorry if I can't elaborate it in a more comprehensible way or if my grammar is a incoherent mess.

Reactions: kcj300

CDLara

Feb 14, 2018
For me, ntr scenes shouldn't happen as a punishment (fail a battle/a quest...). IMO, they're boring and one dimensional.
I enjoy ntr element as a option, and I very much like heroines who have a mind on their own, like Lena from Our Red Strings, Alexia in Seeds of Chaos, or the Priestess in The Hero party must fall: the heroes love them and do things that get their respective relationship closer? Yes. But the girl in their gameplay section get choices to get it on with other guys as well, and for some reasons they do just that.

I can't list more games like that atm, but to sum it up, my point is: To go with choices that are obviously bad decisions (from MC's perspective) as well as NTR scenes happening because of player inputs ONLY, are unpalatable and lower the enjoyment.

Just wanna voice my thoughts, sorry if I can't elaborate it in a more comprehensible way or if my grammar is a incoherent mess.
I like that thought of you, for me it´s probably something similar.

I want the MC to try and conquer the heroine, it has to be like a battle with rivals. If you as the MC treats the heroine right, doesn't neglect her and gives her all the attention, he should reach the "happy ending". But that is not to say its easy to reach, because the rivals my try to sabotage MC or try even harder the more the MC dose.

In the end it has to feel like working for a goal (get the heroine) with the possibility to lose to someone else.

william2271

Aug 16, 2021
I like that thought of you, for me it´s probably something similar.

I want the MC to try and conquer the heroine, it has to be like a battle with rivals. If you as the MC treats the heroine right, doesn't neglect her and gives her all the attention, he should reach the "happy ending". But that is not to say its easy to reach, because the rivals my try to sabotage MC or try even harder the more the MC dose.

In the end it has to feel like working for a goal (get the heroine) with the possibility to lose to someone else.
Do you know of any games similar to that?

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes