3.90 star(s) 61 Votes

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
whilst finishing my smoke and tea ive come to the conclusions that I Should probably apologise, I shouldn't have argued/insulted you here this isnt the place for it but make no mistake I stand by everything I said and regardless of what has been said, its to late now, everyone's gonna know what you done and they are going to make their own opinion on it and there isnt a single excuse that can save you from that. I advise you look into a game called primal instinct and find out why it was abandoned... maybe after that you will understand this community a little better?
Anyways... Good day and god speed.
Why do you care if you think the game is shite?
No one said you shan't get paid. But people will leave your patreon if you'll become Paulie IRL :D
Besides, you caint force anyone to like your work. Guess those numbers are correlated somehow to work you've done, marketing, plot and other things.

Nonetheless, keep up the good work!
I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. In fact it's quite the opposite. I don't get why someone complains about wanting a game to continue if they hate that game? That's my primary beef. I hate this game, it's shit but the Dev won't continue it ! What scandal! Wait, if you don't like it and think it's shit what are you complaining about? Shouldn't you be happy there won't be a continuation?
Logic here baffles me. I guess I am a bit sensitive, and it gets to me from time to time, that's my bad... I should learn more restraint.
Lastly, I'm not purporting that the game is a masterpiece of VN's, it could always be better, but to do that we need support. I don't think that's such a terrible thing to say? And if it is, well sorry.

Gellidus

Dec 6, 2017
Every time I read "hostage" I can't help but chuckle alittle, It's like people think the Dev is sitting there twirling their mustache with a gun pointed at the completed game. Dev wants to earn a certian amount of money for their work nothing wrong with that, you have a choice to speak with your wallet support or dont. Just knock it off with this self entitled dramatic bullshit.

GregIsLove

Apr 19, 2020
Why do you care if you think the game is shite?

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. In fact it's quite the opposite. I don't get why someone complains about wanting a game to continue if they hate that game? That's my primary beef. I hate this game, it's shit but the Dev won't continue it ! What scandal! Wait, if you don't like it and think it's shit what are you complaining about? Shouldn't you be happy there won't be a continuation?
Logic here baffles me. I guess I am a bit sensitive, and it gets to me from time to time, that's my bad... I should learn more restraint.
Lastly, I'm not purporting that the game is a masterpiece of VN's, it could always be better, but to do that we need support. I don't think that's such a terrible thing to say? And if it is, well sorry.
With every post you write I am becoming more and more certain you are Silk from SilkandMilkProductions :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: PeraDrnda

RRHW

Feb 9, 2018
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get the last Bella scene? Are you suppose to be on a specific racket? In my save, after the last heist, instead of getting it on with the mc, she want's to go chill with some other guy.

HELL NO!!! That ain't happening, no one else is touching her, not on my watch. I want my Bella. It's reload time!!!
I also had this issue, as I had looked at the images and, yeah, I didn't get the Bella sex scene. Weird. I figured maybe some issue with the variables? Something changed between updates maybe? That can happen after all. So I took a look. The relevant piece of code is as follows:
Code:
if (bella_relation == 2 or bella_relation_meter >= 7) and not v9_sofia_kissed
Which would allow you to choose to proceed with the scene or not. It seems that being on Sofia's route blocks that scene for some reason. I don't recall it being brought up in the text, though, which would at least lend some clarity to the situation ("Oh, I don't want to try to get into her panties because it would be unfair to Sofia," or something like that), and it's not like there was a similar kind of exclusion for Julia's scene (or vice versa).

An interesting choice, and mildly annoying, but it is what it is.

I'll also add these quotes here because I noticed they also asked the same thing and I didn't see a response from anyone else.
if someone knows how to trigger the third lewd scene with Bella please let me know
Yeah, haven't unlocked it either. Might be that you need to be on the "ruthless path" instead of the "leader path"......I dunno.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I also had this issue, as I had looked at the images and, yeah, I didn't get the Bella sex scene. Weird. I figured maybe some issue with the variables? Something changed between updates maybe? That can happen after all. So I took a look. The relevant piece of code is as follows:
Code:
if (bella_relation == 2 or bella_relation_meter >= 7) and not v9_sofia_kissed
Which would allow you to choose to proceed with the scene or not. It seems that being on Sofia's route blocks that scene for some reason. I don't recall it being brought up in the text, though, which would at least lend some clarity to the situation ("Oh, I don't want to try to get into her panties because it would be unfair to Sofia," or something like that), and it's not like there was a similar kind of exclusion for Julia's scene (or vice versa).

An interesting choice, and mildly annoying, but it is what it is.

I'll also add these quotes here because I noticed they also asked the same thing and I didn't see a response from anyone else.
The Bella scene was added to add a sex scene IF you're not on the Sofia route (basically it's an extra), otherwise it would make very little sense for MC to fuck bella and then go home and fuck Sofia right after.... (make sense unless youre a sex machiiine lol)

Sheppard3rd

Jul 2, 2017
So everything i did in the game to be a the new DON and a good father and still getting the bad end? great waste of time now i need to play it again to get the good kind of end... gonna wait for a couple of years to get the next update.

And also yea its good to get paid for your work but from 347 to 1700 otherwise you not gonna work on it further is just crazy.. if people after 10 updates not getting you that money dont get your hopes up now you said that you stop working on it till you get it.

Valex

Apr 27, 2017
Silk_Ari Your game is different, in a good way.
The Story and the art are nicely done. The writing could definitely improve, especially in the "ruthless route" where you expect the MC to be more intolerant, aggressive and paranoid, yet we only see verbal offense!
Some much needed, carefully picked music would differentiate this game even more from the rest. Obviously, this is just my opinion.

This game deserves more attention and support. No doubt about that, but the way you've written your last post on Patreon, I'm afraid might give you the kind of attention I'm not sure you'd want at this point.

There's this developer here on this very site who (coincidentally like you) has the name "Silk" in their user name and basically did almost the same thing you guys are trying to do. Their game was also different; beautiful art, original story. He/she is certainly talented. You can search for it and see for yourself.
Guess what happened? It backfired, and terribly at that. Rather than gaining more, they actually lost some patrons.

Maybe if you try to change the wordings or add some details as to why have you chosen that amount in your Patreon's goal, would help clear some misunderstandings that some people here seem to have come to after reading your post.

Truth be told (and i hope I'm wrong), considering your current number of patrons, it won't be easy reaching that goal anytime soon. The point is not making you lose hope, just being realistic.

Regardless of this, i wish you guys good fortune in your future endeavors and hope to see the day to read/play the 2nd chapter.

Cheers!

grohotor

May 15, 2020
this game has seen a drop in quallity with the latest updates, from what he said it seams like he spent less time on it and i don't blame him, man gotta eat and 460$ a month is not enough unless he is living in some 3rd world hell hole.

Regarding what i said about the drop in quallity. at some point it feels like the dev hit fast forward on the story and its speeding towards the finish. A non ideal ending is better than nothing at all

Reactions: GregIsLove

Exdeath92

Jul 25, 2017
That alternate ending sounds pretty much like Mafia 1's ending.
I really like the story, but it's a bit of a shame that you have to choose only certain characters to pursue (like between Angella or Jane, or between Mary and Sofia)

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Silk_Ari

Perhaps you should ask yourself why your game is not as successful as you wish.

I don't hate it, just to make sure you don't come up with the "when you hate it, why do you play it" phrase.
Some characters are really nice, some renders are good. Some characters I hate (the MC, e.g.) and (didn't check the script) too many storylines are not the best way to go, perhaps.

But *some*, *nice* and *good* is no longer good enough for x000$/month in 2021.
You are 4 years too late.

Telling your actual supporters "fuck you, if I don't make 3-4 times more money, I'll ditch it" is an ... lets say interesting way to try to keep the supporters you have.
And for sure you will not gain any new support.

Anyway ... good luck.

Chucke1992

Jun 11, 2017
Got this error at chapter 5 (I presume) at scene where MC saw that mom's door is open.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chapfive.rpy", line 1537, in script
    menu:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 207, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 210, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 211, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 212, in execute
NameError: Name 'smblead1' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/chapfive.rpy", line 1537, in script
    menu:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1642, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1062, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1298, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3213, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3630, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3630, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 210, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 211, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 212, in execute
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 992, in _textbutton
    text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1541, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1660, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'smblead1' is not defined.
But I use multi-mod.

Last edited:

Akifai

May 8, 2017
The Bella scene was added to add a sex scene IF you're not on the Sofia route (basically it's an extra), otherwise it would make very little sense for MC to fuck bella and then go home and fuck Sofia right after.... (make sense unless youre a sex machiiine lol)

Well, the mystery ends. I'm on everyone's freakin route. Why am I punished for being a horndog sex machine. The don deserves a harem. Now kiss the damn hand!!!

Last edited:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Well too bad that was the end, since ultimatums don't get you subs, otherwise it was shaping up to be pretty good once the new Don would have had his harem, since I wasn't all that interested in Angela anyway.

I woulda just capped Elena and Paulie right there in the office and made sure Daniella was inside the royal while it burned [because you can't trust a traitor], called in a cleanup crew and got on with running the show, but anyway.

I know creators want their bag right away, but honestly, having only previously 1 VN tagged abandoned already doesn't inspire confidence, since far too many good VNs get abandoned its simply not feasible to support every one that looks promising.
So as it is I only support 2 VNs I know aren't going to get abandoned and that have always stuck to their update schedule so far, others I just wait until they're much closer to being finished before I start tipping.

I was actually considering support ES too, but since its been a year and they still haven't even combined month 1, much less got anywhere on month 2, they can forget that.
I was considering supporting reunion and reluctant archon, but again the updates seem to take forever to come out.
I'm not looking at spending triple A title money only to see an abandoned tag before they get done.
Competition is fierce these days.

In any case as I said, this was starting to shape up into a good story, but theres no way you're getting quintuple the income with an ultimatum and hearing that its not a passion project but that you're bored of it or whatever and its just more work so it'll only get done once you get your bag means that even if part 2 gets done I doubt it'll feel fully realized even if it doesn't end up abandoned.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Silk_Ari

Perhaps you should ask yourself why your game is not as successful as you wish.

I don't hate it, just to make sure you don't come up with the "when you hate it, why do you play it" phrase.
Some characters are really nice, some renders are good. Some characters I hate (the MC, e.g.) and (didn't check the script) too many storylines are not the best way to go, perhaps.

But *some*, *nice* and *good* is no longer good enough for x000$/month in 2021.
You are 4 years too late.

Telling your actual supporters "fuck you, if I don't make 3-4 times more money, I'll ditch it" is an ... lets say interesting way to try to keep the supporters you have.
And for sure you will not gain any new support.

Anyway ... good luck.
I appreciate your post, but here's the thing, I've always been upfront and honest with what I do. If it means people will drop support, so be it. I'd rather they know what is going on rather than milking them because they are out of the loop. You just summarized in your post exactly WHY we need more support... *some*, *nice* and *good* is no longer good enough for x000$/month in 2021. How do you suppose we can do that if we can't dedicate more time to the game? Hire more people to help, buy new hardware, etc... etc...

So yeah, I'm not telling ANYONE to fuck off, especially the people who supported us. They know who they are and you can see them in game and in the MANY, MANY posts of thanks I've made.

So yeah, I'm going to continue to be honest with everyone, if it backfires, well so be it. And as it was mentioned before, it's like people think I'm holding my patrons hostage or something? They're free to do as they wish and to show their support as they wish... Hopefully enough of them will do so that I can make a better game for them.

3.90 star(s) 61 Votes