3.90 star(s) 61 Votes

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I tried it now without the mod interestingly I didnt get the chance to fuck even though I have an intimate relatioship with her. I guess it's because I wanted Jane to stay in this playthrough
probably you were on the Sofia path.

JohnPaxson

Feb 23, 2018
I love this game and I loved this update and cant wait for part 2. keep up the work dev.
Like I said I loved the update but one thing I would have loved to see is a sex scene with Mary when you are in her path after she conforted you after telling her about your nightmares. We had a sex scene with Sofia in her path so it would be fitting to have one with Mary too.

One other thing I would like to mention is the stopping of the animation after you click on the mouse or the spacebar button. Would it be possible in part 2 to change it that the animations continue even after clicking the mouse and add some dialog during the sex scenes.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
The story has at least 2 major faults:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So why was Vincent such an idiot? A first grader would act wiser.

I think the story should be rewritten a bit, at least in those two places.

(3) Sex with one girl shouldn't prevent from sex with another, even in a short timespan. I'm not a sex machine (though maybe I was 30-40 years ago), but even at my age I can fuck pretty girls twice in a row.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
ah I see. I hadn't read back far enough. Then I went to the Patreon page.

You know Silk_Ari the $476 dollars you're making for the game is about standard level. Sorry to say. Most Devs on Patreon make between that and around 700. After that, you have to be immensely popular to get much higher.

So when I saw what I saw for your funding goal, it's annoying to say the least. You want $2000 a month to make the next part? Ok, good bye.

You cannot blackmail your players into paying an extravagant amount for more content. It's not going to happen. People support active projects. All you're going to see from this is people pulling their support, not you gaining more. I've enjoyed your VN, I love the story and the style of it. But, setting a price tag on your work to your players is absurd. You are a crowd funded game, an independent developer, and no one is under any obligation to support you. Holding your work hostage has no merit and will only hurt yourself.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
I would correct also the messages about the time passing.

When I would expect that maybe 30 minutes have passed, the messages are:

A few minutes later...
or
A few hours later...

In both cases, it seems wrong. "A few" in English typically means 2 or 3. If it's 5, then it's several, not few. Therefore, I recommend to change those screens into:

Some minutes later...
or A bit later...
and
Some time later...
or Later that day...

Cheers. :geek:

Jul 6, 2021
I would correct also the messages about the time passing.

When I would expect that maybe 30 minutes have passed, the messages are:

A few minutes later...
or
A few hours later...

In both cases, it seems wrong. "A few" in English typically means 2 or 3. If it's 5, then it's several, not few. Therefore, I recommend to change those screens into:

Some minutes later...
or A bit later...
and
Some time later...
or Later that day...

Cheers. :geek:

A remember from school "a few" is defined as 3 to 12. 2 is not a few, it's "a couple."

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
What is it with the alternate ending, if you let Jane go she terminates the pregnancy, if you convince her to stay and leave with you later you all die - or at least it hints at that, showing the assasin with a gun, and you, Sofia and Jane / Mary @ the table, and suddenly 3 shots - too much to expect that the red headed girl whos dad was assasinated show up in the next update and save them???

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Oh boy, now people are adding "Blackmail" along with "Hostage" to the list of charges, when do we get to accuse the Dev of commiting murderer or international espionage :rolleyes:
My evil plan to take over the VN world has been exposed.

Man, listen, this is the last time I'll engage with this, I wasn't going to but your post made me laugh. As I said on Patreon, we're working on ANOTHER game UHA. That has taken the front seat. So, while we do that hopefully people will enjoy that too and keep supporting us. If you're a die hard fan of OOL and only want to support OOL, well, what can I tell ya, thank you for your support pause your membership and some day in the future maybe we can get back to it and you can support us again.

There's nothing nefarious or evil in what we're doing. We're doing things that interest us, since the support is not where we'd like it to be well we'd rather work on things we enjoy and that time permits us to work on... rather than commit to 2 projects and dissapoint and ruin them both.

Clear?

<A few (lol) posts later ---> Dev is a scumbag... holding people hostage and eating babies...what scandalous behavior.....

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
What is it with the alternate ending, if you let Jane go she terminates the pregnancy, if you convince her to stay and leave with you later you all die - or at least it hints at that, showing the assasin with a gun, and you, Sofia and Jane / Mary @ the table, and suddenly 3 shots - too much to expect that the red headed girl whos dad was assasinated show up in the next update and save them???
BoTh are disaster endings

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
My evil plan to take over the VN world has been exposed.

Man, listen, this is the last time I'll engage with this, I wasn't going to but your post made me laugh. As I said on Patreon, we're working on ANOTHER game UHA. That has taken the front seat. So, while we do that hopefully people will enjoy that too and keep supporting us. If you're a die hard fan of OOL and only want to support OOL, well, what can I tell ya, thank you for your support pause your membership and some day in the future maybe we can get back to it and you can support us again.

There's nothing nefarious or evil in what we're doing. We're doing things that interest us, since the support is not where we'd like it to be well we'd rather work on things we enjoy and when time permits rather than commit to 2 projects and dissapoint and ruin them both.

Clear?

<A few (lol) posts later ---> Dev is a scumbag... holding people hostage and eating babies...what scandalous behavior.....
// <A few (lol) posts later ---> Dev is a scumbag... holding people hostage and eating babies...what scandalous behavior.....\\

Endings are scandalous

Dec 15, 2017
You cannot blackmail your players into paying an extravagant amount for more content. It's not going to happen. People support active projects. All you're going to see from this is people pulling their support, not you gaining more. I've enjoyed your VN, I love the story and the style of it. But, setting a price tag on your work to your players is absurd. You are a crowd funded game, an independent developer, and no one is under any obligation to support you. Holding your work hostage has no merit and will only hurt yourself.
You are still getting content as a patron. UHA is being worked on, made by the same people so you will get the same or better art style and writing since people improve skills over time. Oath Of loyalty stands on it's own as a complete experience with multiple endings. Most developers would have abandoned the game at version 0.3 if it even got past 0.1

It is like a movie studio that will do different movies and if one is a hit, then they work on the sequel. If not they work on a different movie franchise. Maybe the first movie will gain cult status as time passes and then may be worthy of a sequel later on, in which case, the studio return to that.

It is not holding anyone hostage, it is trying efforts into something else to see what works better. Just like nobody is obligated to support a project, nobody is obligated to work nearly for free. To put it in perspective Let's say the game is worked on for 90 hours a month for each person, the money coming in is 500 a month and there are 2 people working on the project. Split, that is about $2.70 an hour which is not even half the Federal minimum wage, even if it were just one developer it would barely be half that minimum wage, this is far from an extravagant amount. All this doesn't even count the cost for electricity for rendering, assets for 3d models and whatever hardware cost in case of hardware failure.

The goal being asked would amount to 11 dollars an hour which is still near minimum wage in most states.

It is not like the sequel is done and the developers are holding the game hostage. You are asking the developers to put another year of their time to work almost for free to work on a sequel.

Despite all that, Oath of loyalty has been worked on for over a year for way less than 300 a month according to Graphteon for most of that time. In the end it was still completed and wasn't abandoned.

So the choice for the developers is to work on a sequel and get the same results if the goal isn't met or try different things that until they get a better results. Each project is more than a year of effort trying to complete the game and not abandon it. Another year of time spent on a project that could be used for anything else.

3.90 star(s) 61 Votes