4.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
BeCe
You hinted at it in game, but I was hoping to confirm. Will Sapphire continue to play a role, even if small, and will Malady be able to get more tattoos? It seems like a lot of important characters have them, and that so far they've been symbolic, of what I'm not quite sure yet, so will it be a running theme for Malady too?

Reactions: BeCe

BeCe

Purveyor of Blood and Boobs
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
BeCe
You hinted at it in game, but I was hoping to confirm. Will Sapphire continue to play a role, even if small, and will Malady be able to get more tattoos? It seems like a lot of important characters have them, and that so far they've been symbolic, of what I'm not quite sure yet, so will it be a running theme for Malady too?
She will return, she has a connection to Vel and her ex, you'll just have to wait and see on that. As for more tattoos, it is definitely a possibility but it'd have to make sense to the story and for the character, with the one Malady already got the black rose plays into her Irish heritage and the skull was an allusion to themes of death in the story and I felt like it really worked. So I'd want to find something on that level if I am gonna do another one.

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
She will return, she has a connection to Vel and her ex, you'll just have to wait and see on that. As for more tattoos, it is definitely a possibility but it'd have to make sense to the story and for the character, with the one Malady already got the black rose plays into her Irish heritage and the skull was an allusion to themes of death in the story and I felt like it really worked. So I'd want to find something on that level if I am gonna do another one.
Can I just put a counterpoint to that request? Not everybody is a fan of excessive tattoos/piercings - they seem to be overused in VNs, IMHO tattoos are a case of "less is more" - a few, well-placed, attractive tattoos is far more aesthetically pleasing than a mess of mismatched ones. If they turn out to be non-essential to the plot perhaps they could be optional.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I'm curious why apparently Mal's blood is so tasty. Is there more to our favourite PI (and her mum?) than we know perhaps.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Perhaps she has Fairy blood?
Unless BeCe is just messing with us (surely you wouldn't do that, would you BeCe?) mentioning her tasty blood several times probably means something, so I was also thinking Fairy or at least some sort of supernatural connection. And Ireland...
Anyway, too early to speculate. :)

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Awesome. I was just wondering, because as again, it seemed like many prominent characters had tattoos so I was just wondering if there was going to be a running theme or significance that tattoos play a role in. I picked up on the theming and significance of Mal's, but I agree with catnapper though, that less is more when it comes to tattoos.

Anyway, great game so far! Keep up the good work and cheers!

• Red Heart

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
High hopes for this one even after the whole Panacea ending thing (not my favorite), kinda sad that the only way to get into a sexual relationship with the, so far, nice vamp lady is by becoming a ghoul though.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Since there is Queen of Darkness. Mal could be most luckly her daughter ((Just dreaming) as title saying Daughter of Darkness. Mal could be the one the title refering to.)

• Thinking Face

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Unless BeCe is just messing with us (surely you wouldn't do that, would you BeCe?) mentioning her tasty blood several times probably means something, so I was also thinking Fairy or at least some sort of supernatural connection. And Ireland...
The Ó Maoiléidigh (Malady, and some other variants, in English) are supposed to be the descendants of king Maoiléidigh, who died at the battle of Clontarf in 1014, where the Irish defeated the Vikings. Perhaps it's because her blood is royal that it's so tasty. :)

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Fun theory.
For now I'm sticking with some sort of supernatural connection though. Maybe her mother left and discouraged further contact to protect Mal, hoping she'd grow up believing she was a normal human, and not a half-breed (or whatever percentage) 'other' and be drawn into that world.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Fun theory.
For now I'm sticking with some sort of supernatural connection though. Maybe her mother left and discouraged further contact to protect Mal, hoping she'd grow up believing she was a normal human, and not a half-breed (or whatever percentage) 'other' and be drawn into that world.
If you prefer but what I wrote is history, not theory. With a restriction: in Ireland if your name is Ó Briain (O'Brian) you're the descendant of a certain Brian, but (this is the restrinction) it's only true of the aristocracy, many commoners probably have taken the name of their clan chief and their name doesn't imply that they belong to the royal lineage.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
If you prefer but what I wrote is history, not theory.
I just meant that Mal having royal blood was a theory (unless I've missed something in the game), not the historical fact of the battle etc. I certainly don't know enough about Irish history to comment on that.

Reactions: Udayana

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I just meant that Mal having royal blood was a theory (unless I've missed something in the game), not the historical fact of the battle etc. I certainly don't know enough about Irish history to comment on that.
Sorry, I understood that afterwards. :)

Reactions: Jarulf

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Really great game. I'm not really into vampires generally, but this game is the exception to that so far. I noticed a few editing mistakes (I think), mostly a missing genitive apostrophe here and there, but nothing that detracts from reading or confuses things. Malady is absolutely beautiful (I sort of wish I was playing as another MC so I could date her), and a great character. Wonderful noir mood.
I hope you didn't talk about male protagonist just to date Mal (You know that Mal is lesbian (just for player choise) even if ther still lot of thing related to dick we can't chose to go head or not)

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Not sure why you would think that, I enjoy playing female characters and do so often when the game allows.
Which MC gender you were refering to have to be able to date Malady? I asumend worried about it since in each game I hade see something like that happen frequetly. Shouldn't I be worried about it?

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Which MC gender you were refering to have to be able to date Malady? I asumend worried about it since in each game I hade see something like that happen frequetly. Shouldn't I be worried about it?
I'm not sure quite what it is you're trying to say here, sorry.

But my original comment wasn't entirely serious, I could have made that clearer.
I just think Mal is the most attractive character in the game (by far), that's basically all I meant. If that character model was in another game, my MC would not look at any other girls :)

I wasn't asking for any changes to the game, and definitely not suddenly making her bi or straight.

Reactions: 88Michele88
4.00 star(s) 21 Votes