4.00 star(s) 21 Votes

BeCe

Purveyor of Blood and Boobs
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Kadee's mom looks 60, Lucille looks 40, but Kadee was like a mother to Lucille? Are my age estimates way off or was Lucille's 'mother' younger than Lucille?
It's been a while since I did the character bios, but Lucille is about 34-35 years old and Kadee was about 10 years older than her. Lucille was a teenager when she met Kadee.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

radoxthegreen

Oct 26, 2019
Just reached the current end (house first, option 2). Really good stuff, combining the best bits of the Dev's previous work - a story that hits the ground running like Occultus but with the greatly improved renders and sexy sapphic heroine of Panacea. Occultus was somewhat ruined by the presence of a revolting hairy ape in all the sex scenes. The MC, apparently.

Jane, like Liv in Panacea, is an extremely appealing protagonist, especially with her "sexy femme wearing her butch girlfriend's clothes" style.

There are only a handful of choices (and "do you want to have sex with Ash" isn't really a choice now is it?) but it didn't feel like a clickfest.

But what we really want to know is - who is Jane's uncle? Is it Ted or Dougal, or maybe one of the boys on Rugged Island?

Reactions: BeCe

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Why in these 2 chapters I didn't see any choise yet? Why there no choise?

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
It is the fifth chapter that was released. Also they are choice, so I don't know what you've played.
View attachment 2781266
After that point fight the vampire gose rouge there no choise, I don't talking the previous chapeter I talking about 4th and 5th chapeters there no choise. You talling me that I playing diferent game? :rolleyes: Did you see choise ater faceing ghoul with sylve? I didn't see any past the goul after that part of course.

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
anything different happens when we have to choose to shoot or not shoot the rouge vamp when we are with marsh

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
After that point fight the vampire gose rouge there no choise, I don't talking the previous chapeter I talking about 4th and 5th chapeters there no choise. You talling me that I playing diferent game? :rolleyes: Did you see choise ater faceing ghoul with sylve? I didn't see any past the goul after that part of course.
Ok, know I understand. No, no choice since then, but the choice previously made have an inpact, I can confirm that.
anything different happens when we have to choose to shoot or not shoot the rouge vamp when we are with marsh
Not that I know.

BeCe

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Not yet, like most of the choices in the game the effects aren't immediate
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The last two chapters had consequences of previous choices play out or provided clues and context to make choices in the future. This is not an instant gratification story.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
I prefer the later :devilish:
You want be slave a pet? I rather be dominant It better then be someone pet. I just go for the Vampire route without be goul to someone else. It mean become assertive and dominant it much more fan then be a pet. :D

Last edited:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Not yet, like most of the choices in the game the effects aren't immediate

The last two chapters had consequences of previous choices play out or provided clues and context to make choices in the future. This is not an instant gratification story.
I rather keep my whole freedom and become dominant Vampire.

I prefer that consequence where in whole 4th chapter (much, much really much longer) instead, and in 5th chapeter I would have choice to make. Well Two chapters withou choose nothing it a hard pill to swallow. :cry:

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Finally got to the end of the current content on Velvets romance path. I truly love the game, but admittedly I also really disliked the final scene, I didn't exactly expect it to play out like that.
Still I'm very much looking forward to the next update anyways, overall the Vel romance has been quite enjoyable and the romantic scenes certainly more than make up for the gloomier parts of the story, with the overall tone being just very intriguing. The characters are quite likeable or at the very least interesting, they all look distinct and especially the romance options are quite hot. Generally speaking Occultus just looks good, be it background or characters, and the lighting of the scenes is done remarkably well, it really captures the atmosphere of what is going on. The music is also picked well & further adds to the immersion. I will say that the low amount of choices is certainly different from the typical VN with "choices" but I felt as if all the choices actually did something and as if I got to impact things when it was needed while otherwise leaving me to just enjoy the read and get absorbed by the events unfolding. As of now I'd rate this 5 stars, not being completely happy with something based on solely my own preferences isn't a reason to think any less of this wonderful Visual Novel.

Last edited:

BeCe

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Finally got to the end of the current content on Velvets romance path. I truly love the game, but admittedly I also really disliked the final scene, I didn't exactly expect it to play out like that.
It's something that'll be addressed next chapter, Velvet treats sex very casually and thinks it's no big deal if you sleep around but as you'll see later she is very protective/jealous of any other vampire who wants to drink your blood. Defining the relationship between the two of you will be a theme in the next chapter and you'll be able to put an end to it or up the ante (Vel will introduce you to some friends you can sleep with one or both of them), I just wanted to recreate that feeling of awkwardness in a new relationship where neither party has really established boundaries in a way where no one is really the bad guy. If that makes sense.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
It's something that'll be addressed next chapter, Velvet treats sex very casually and thinks it's no big deal if you sleep around but as you'll see later she is very protective/jealous of any other vampire who wants to drink your blood. Defining the relationship between the two of you will be a theme in the next chapter and you'll be able to put an end to it or up the ante (Vel will introduce you to some friends you can sleep with one or both of them), I just wanted to recreate that feeling of awkwardness in a new relationship where neither party has really established boundaries in a way where no one is really the bad guy. If that makes sense.
And I think you succeeded very well at that, honestly the scene was "worse" than I expected and yet I don't feel unhappy (Edit: by which I mean any less content with their budding relationship) about it at all, much to my own surprise. It makes perfect sense the way it happens & I also feel like it is kinda natural given not only Velvet's stance on sex but also the fact that the blood bond does effect Mal and it seems kinda logical for things to play out like that there, especially since I decided to try the route where Mal
& I am just glad that even on what I would assume is likely going to be the more submissive route in their relationship
the feelings of Malady aren't brushed aside & the two of them work things out together. This is exactly the type of Vampire stuff I was hoping to find somewhere and that I didn't encounter yet across at least half a dozen of different VNs with vampires.

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes