Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I think I found the issue now, using an Empty Soulgem on a party member to turn her into a soulgem allows her to come back if you use a book like the one at the church. But if she was turned into a soulgem from a Poltergeist she doesn't come back after using the book, the game tells you she comes back but then she doesn't. I think this is a bug? Unless there's a different way of getting them back that I don't understand.
That may be one of the bugs fixed in the latest update. Something was mentioned about characters being removed from the party due to a bug. If anyone has the Version 1.1 update, it'd be great if they could share it. (Contrary to what the first post here says, the currently uploaded version is 1.0, not 1.1.)

So I tried getting inside the tomb peacefully, and the guardians said they'd let me in as long as I promised not to steal anything. But... on my way in, they accused me of stealing something and attacked. It must be from an item I got elsewhere, but does anyone have any idea what item that would be? I'd like to get in without beating the crap out of these people, if possible.

Cheesekek

May 31, 2018
I just redowloaded the game from itch.io. Seems it's on 1.2 now. Will edit this post in a bit with it when I get it uploaded.

1.2 download

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Noice! I don't suppose you know what the patch notes are?

Edit: Apparently, for those of you who lost party members, go to this hidden square in the castle to restore them after updating:

Anotherdude69

May 30, 2018
That may be one of the bugs fixed in the latest update. Something was mentioned about characters being removed from the party due to a bug. If anyone has the Version 1.1 update, it'd be great if they could share it. (Contrary to what the first post here says, the currently uploaded version is 1.0, not 1.1.)

So I tried getting inside the tomb peacefully, and the guardians said they'd let me in as long as I promised not to steal anything. But... on my way in, they accused me of stealing something and attacked. It must be from an item I got elsewhere, but does anyone have any idea what item that would be? I'd like to get in without beating the crap out of these people, if possible.
I made a new save, got to the tomb, saved and sold everything- even all my equipment, they still say you stole something. I don't know when that's gonna get patched. Its still like that in 1.1

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Okay, so here's the changelog.

9/27/2021 ODYSSEY OF GIANNA v.1.2
Update addressing mostly late-game bugfixes. The "Party Restore Square" from version 1.1 is still present.
Bugs fixed (SPOILERS BELOW):
-Fixed an issue with a previous bugfix where Bimbos were now failing to have a Naughty skill at all. (Sorry.)
-Fixed an issue where a character could be inflicted with Soulgem, Zombie, and Dice simultaneously.
-Fixed a couple of issues with the Dice status.
-Fixed an issue where Gemswords and Soulgem Rings were duplicating under certain circumstances.
-Fixed an issue where the Fallen Knightess boss fight would fail to start properly if you lost to her previously.
-Fixed an issue where the Zombie Vanguard fight would sometimes freeze upon fighting it twice. This could make completion of Boss Challenge IV impossible.
-Added "Anu Guardians" to the Bad Ends that are unlocked upon defeating Luxatep's Sarcophagus / Pharaoh Luxatep VI.
-Tweaked balance with Sable's Feral status; she can no longer dual-wield weapons and instead only has her shield slot locked out. In addition, her defenses have been lowered slightly while in this state.
-Tweaked balance on Blackspear Wu'Ka boss fight; she now has a bit more starting HP but has half as many uses of her healing skill and it is less potent on average.
-Tweaked balance on (The fight in the Gianna Castle throne room in the endgame); she now will heal less and deal less damage.

9/24/2021 ODYSSEY OF GIANNA v.1.1
Update addressing major bugs at release. Less impactful bugs will be fixed in upcoming patches. NOTE: If you have party members who have been permanently removed from the party, interact with the wall square directly across from the blue pedestal in the Hall of Orbs in Gianna Castle. You'll be given the option to restore all recruited party members.
Bugs fixed (SPOILERS BELOW):
-Fixed an issue where allies inflicted with Bimbo kept the Naughty skill type permanently, sometimes resulting in a double-Naughty command menu.
-Fixed an issue where allies inflicted with Drone, then cured, all before gaining the Blue Jewel, were unable to equip items properly.
-Fixed an issue with the Soulgem status where an ally inflicted with it from fighting Poltergeist enemies would be lost from the party.
-Fixed an issue with the Onahole status where party members would be lost after being inflicted with it. (Niche examples may still trigger this, testing is ongoing.)
-Fixed an issue in the Demons' Spire where entering the Temple of Lust from a certain route froze the game.
-Fixed an issue where Final End 04 was uncompleteable if you'd seen another Final End before it.
-Fixed an issue with the Status Journal where the Scarecrow status entry wasn't appearing.
-Fixed an issue with the Status Journal where the Slimed status showed the wrong description.
-Added spots in Mischief's Realm (Woodrot Forest and Mt. Pleasant challenges) for characters inflicted with Tree and Scarecrow to spawn. The Woodrot Forest encounters have been altered slightly. Note that if you had allies who were turned into Scarecrows in Mischief's Realm before, you'll need to use the party restoration square to retrieve them.
-Various smaller improvements/corrections/bugfixes.

9/22/2021 FULL RELEASE VERSION 1.0

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Does anyone know if some bad ends are missable? I can't pinpoint one, but I feel like I missed one or two and since there's a new update, I might restart a new game if that's the case.

ohay

Mar 24, 2018
is there a guide to this i feel lost and dont know where to go to find the things or any leads

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Aw man; using raging (mating ring) Sable with two weapons was my go-to for getting through content quickly, and through tough fights in general, and was simply really REALLY fun.
She was a beast and I loved her. RIP

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Does that include the southern part of west beach? If so, is there some other way to unlock the spellslinger class/upgrades/whatever? I wanted to make the lost girl into that class, but can't figure out where to find the missing person the NPCs are talking about. I figured she was in the southern area where they said the bandits are.
I don't think that's an actual area, but i'll explore abit more around.
Remind me what spellslinger is, because if it's the gun: I think it's restricted to simply wearing the hat rather than class itself. Was disappointed neither of the girls from the tomb join you, figured they would be the gun-toting class lol.
Side-bit: only bandit-specific content I am aware of is a rare drop from them (bandit key) that unlocks a lone hut above the Sea Market.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I've run into an issue with the orc arena. For the first two fights I have to manually walk up to the opponent to initiate combat. For the Knightess encounter it automatically starts the fight, and then I'm stuck in a loop. The fourth opponent come out, goes through it's speech and then combat begins automatically, but it's with the Knightess again. So when I defeat her it goes back to opponent 4 coming out again.

Has anyone else had this issue? Found a fix?

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
So where are you supposed to go in the catatomb? I chip at the ice block on the left side and nothing happens.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
So where are you supposed to go in the catatomb? I chip at the ice block on the left side and nothing happens.
Speaking of Tomb of Luxatep? Go straight forward, from the entrance, until you hit the wall in front. You can interact with the writings on said wall, which will allow two yellow/gold spots next to it to become intractable. Then you need to go into left and right rooms to retrieve both soul golems to place on said spots.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Speaking of Tomb of Luxatep? Go straight forward, from the entrance, until you hit the wall in front. You can interact with the writings on said wall, which will allow two yellow/gold spots next to it to become intractable. Then you need to go into left and right rooms to retrieve both soul golems to place on said spots.
I got the dialogue but those gold spots didn't appear. I ended up finding a false wall with an earth staff and money though.

Aug 22, 2018
I think the sparklies only appear once you put a character's soulgem in a golem.

As for the false walls, there's one in the leftmost room that has a "ground-arrow" pointing at it, and one in the maze that has the dark, walkway-spots going all the way to the wall.

(And then there's the one outside - equip the accessory that makes you tiny on every character to enter the crack in the wall).

If there's a fourth, I haven't found it yet.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I don't think that's an actual area, but i'll explore abit more around.
Remind me what spellslinger is, because if it's the gun: I think it's restricted to simply wearing the hat rather than class itself. Was disappointed neither of the girls from the tomb join you, figured they would be the gun-toting class lol.
Side-bit: only bandit-specific content I am aware of is a rare drop from them (bandit key) that unlocks a lone hut above the Sea Market.
The NPCs in west beach mention someone named Annie who used to sell guns, and likely offers specialized equipment and skills similar to the hidden golem, puppet, and drone shops. I checked in the Discord and they said that the dev confirmed "Annie's shop" does exist, but nobody seems to know how to get to it. Also, if you look on that map that was linked, there's definitely a section of beach visible to the south of the town. There's a gate in front of it where an NPC warns you that some bandits have kidnapped people and taken them in that direction. Another NPC says that the bandits used to buy their guns from Annie, but they "went bad" after she disappeared. I would assume that all those things are connected.

Does anyone know if some bad ends are missable? I can't pinpoint one, but I feel like I missed one or two and since there's a new update, I might restart a new game if that's the case.
Apparently the Anu Guardians one was missable in a previous version. If you didn't get it, and beat the boss of the tomb in the old version, then you'll have missed it. The newer version has it added after you beat the boss.

For the record, you can use your old saves in the new update, but it doesn't update your bad end list with the missed one.

Mar 16, 2018
4th round on tabanth arena and died, got a bad end with cheer leaders for some reason?
also upon respawning all my party members were missing save for the orange hair one i forgot the vanilla name for.
orb room seems to be changed and the secret reset removed
so guess i'm either reloading a save or going to 1.2

4.30 star(s) 21 Votes