VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

clax

May 5, 2020
Nina, Amy and Melissa are the only ones done.

Alice is the one we've waited the past 2 years for, that should be out .... eventually.
Dang, well at least it's been a great story so far! Sucks ya have to wait so long, but then again Rome wasn't built in a day. Can't wait tho either cause I really enjoyed it.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Sorry if i sound a little sour or anything, but how long has it been since this one "returned to life" from limbo?

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
I'm playing again the game recently and now I miss it more than before :confused:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Sometimes i'm confused about the criteria for what gets or not the tag abandoned, no offense. o_O
Abandoned is 3 months without any contact from the dev.

He does give a monthly update although they are more or less copy pasta'd from months ago, nothing much changes.

As long as those happen it won't get tagged as abandoned.

Reactions: Kuranai

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Abandoned is 3 months without any contact from the dev.

He does give a monthly update although they are more or less copy pasta'd from months ago, nothing much changes.

As long as those happen it won't get tagged as abandoned.
So, basically, doesn't count as abandoned if the dev spends 1+ years giving excuses? :unsure:
Kind of sketchy imho, but well, believing is up to those who follow the game i guess.
Damn shame to hear of it, as i really liked it too.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
So, basically, doesn't count as abandoned if the dev spends 1+ years giving excuses? :unsure:
Kind of sketchy imho, but well, believing is up to those who follow the game i guess.
Damn shame to hear of it, as i really liked it too.
I guess stencilbits doesn't give a shit if it gets tag abandoned. I mean, there's no way it could hurt him. The abandoned tag is info for players that tells them not to expect another update ever again. But if the developer is not financially dependent on the new Patrons coming from f95zone, he has no reason to worry too much about it.

Reactions: DullName and SiuKim

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
I guess stencilbits doesn't give a shit if it gets tag abandoned. I mean, there's no way it could hurt him. The abandoned tag is info for players that tells them not to expect another update ever again. But if the developer is not financially dependent on the new Patrons coming from f95zone, he has no reason to worry too much about it.
What still leaves people in a peculiar sort of limbo/hell with the games where we constantly get promises of continuation that only seem to grow in time of "hiatus".

Unrelated aside, how is Love, Demons & Broken Nose going?
Loved the character dynamics & sense of mystery in that one.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
What still leaves people in a peculiar sort of limbo/hell with the games where we constantly get promises of continuation that only seem to grow in time of "hiatus".

Unrelated aside, how is Love, Demons & Broken Nose going?
Loved the character dynamics & sense of mystery in that one.
Well, still, Offcuts is one of the best VNs, if not the best, so when the update is here one day, I'll be happy, no matter how long it takes.
In the meantime, I have enough other things to do. I know, I know, the development of my VN is one of those things. :sneaky:
It's not that I'm facing any major difficulties, but it's going on quite slowly because it's my hobby project. I would say that I need something between one and two months to complete the next update. But it's not a promise. I don't want to spam the Offcuts thread by discussing my VN, so if you have any questions, you can ask me in a private message, or in the thread of my VN.

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
This game is great. Art is great, grammar, story and stuff... BUT DUDE HE GETS BULLIED BY EVERY CREATURE WHO HAS A VAGINA. THAT IS ANNOYING AF. ACCIDENTS AFTER ACCIDENTS AND IN EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM HE IS GETTING FUCKING BULLIED. looking forward for the next update tho.

• Haha
Reactions: drpavelcia

SiuKim

Jul 27, 2018
Why do I see a game with less than 300mb and 2 years of silence from the dev, constantly being hailed as the greatest game on the site? I guess I'll see now that I'm about to finally play it :BootyTime:

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Still no update despite so many promises.. damn. It's time to take this game out of my favorites.
I have to stop hoping. An update to this game will never come out.. :rolleyes:

2 years without update. Dev doesn't give a shit about us. Sorry for the harsh words but that's true.
Maybe Dev is keeping payments from patreon (I don't know) but 2 years without update, this is an exaggeration.
I don't know how busy he has to be so that he cannot create one update in 2 years.

Last edited:

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
like... 100th?
Then you must have noticed most male characters in these games tend to be wimps or assholes. This game actually has some of the better male character writing, considering what a pal James is. Even in normal video games it's rare to find a main character that's truly badass but not an asshole, I can only think of maybe 3 off the top of my head.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Imagine if stencilbits had the working ethic of FOZ ( College Bound). That guy is one mean, lean, adult visual novels making machine.

suissant

Jan 7, 2019
Damn this game is good. I loved all the endings specially the Melissa one. The writing is top-notch, the MC is likeable and James is just spetacular. Is it really abandoned?

Reactions: supermanz95
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes