VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I mean, he dosn't charge the patreons anything, besides the months he releases an update.
He could even not charge anything at all and people would still complain. Welcome to F95. ;)
I'm in 2 minds whether to point out how dumb it is to mention a dev not charging anything when we're on a fucking piracy site and don't pay anyway.

I mean, common sense should tell people that's a dumb argument to make but common sense seems to have been hunted to near extinction on this site.

Nobody, not a single person, has mentioned money. He hasn't been called a milker, nobody has called scam and nobody has disputed the fact he doesn't charge anything.

We already know that because it's the only argument any of you come up with in his defence and by fuck do you lot like to repeat it.

The one and only complaint people have is the devs shit work ethic.

2 years since the last story content. I give zero fucks if he doesn't charge, that will always be a terrible look for a dev.

On here it doesn't matter, it's only a piracy site and none of us have any stakes in the game. The problem is the dev wants to go to Steam and if he pulls that shit there he will be crucified, reported for scamming and that will have a massive impact on his income there.

This dev is not ready for Steam.

You can argue his lack of charging until the cows cum chocolate milkshake the fact is this should have been one of the biggest games on the site and in the hands of a dev with a decent work ethic would have been making thousands a month.

It's a good job he isn't in it for the money because he's practically thrown away a fortune at this point.

The fact he doesn't charge anything makes it tolerable because if he did charge he would be mentioned in the same breath as Icstor and Gumdrop. Him not charging anything is the only thing stopping people hailing him as a scummy dev rather than just a lazy one.

You will also note no one has complained about the game. My point is, and will always be, this is probably one of the best games on the site with some of the best writing i've seen on here. It should have been bigger than it is and it won't ever be because the dev is too lackadaisical.

There are entire games, well received and highly praised ones with a ton of content, been completed in 2 years and here we are waiting on 1 single character route.

For a game that started 4 years ago we should be getting near the finish line now not half way through.

Last edited:

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in 2 minds whether to point out how dumb it is to mention a dev not charging anything when we're on a fucking piracy site and don't pay anyway.

I mean, common sense should tell people that's a dumb argument to make but common sense seems to have been hunted to near extinction on this site.

Nobody, not a single person, has mentioned money. He hasn't been called a milker, nobody has called scam and nobody has disputed the fact he doesn't charge anything.

We already know that because it's the only argument any of you come up with in his defence and by fuck do you lot like to repeat it.

The one and only complaint people have is the devs shit work ethic.

2 years since the last story content. I give zero fucks if he doesn't charge, that will always be a terrible look for a dev.

On here it doesn't matter, it's only a piracy site and none of us have any stakes in the game. The problem is the dev wants to go to Steam and if he pulls that shit there he will be crucified, reported for scamming and that will have a massive impact on his income there.

This dev is not ready for Steam.

You can argue his lack of charging until the cows cum chocolate milkshake the fact is this should have been one of the biggest games on the site and in the hands of a dev with a decent work ethic would have been making thousands a month.

It's a good job he isn't in it for the money because he's practically thrown away a fortune at this point.

The fact he doesn't charge anything makes it tolerable because if he did charge he would be mentioned in the same breath as Icstor and Gumdrop. Him not charging anything is the only thing stopping people hailing him as a scummy dev rather than just a lazy one.

You will also note no one has complained about the game. My point is, and will always be, this is probably one of the best games on the site with some of the best writing i've seen on here. It should have been bigger than it is and it won't ever be because the dev is too lackadaisical.

There are entire games, well received and highly praised ones with a ton of content, been completed in 2 years and here we are waiting on 1 single character route.

For a game that started 4 years ago we should be getting near the finish line now not half way through.
If he dosn't charge he can do WHATEVER the f he likes. And maybe he likes it that way. (he might have alot to do IRL, who know)

I guess you could argue that the Patreons who already payed. has the "right" to a complete game at some point, and maybe that deadline is long dead. But as it is on patreon, you should never get you hope to high. since there is not "contract" between you and the dev.

I do agree that it is NOT ready for steam.
I also do hope he is already a millionair, because yes, this could have been a HUGE game.

But again if I didn't charge, I would wan't to spend my time as I pleased.

erisedreturns

Dec 5, 2020
ugh I really like this, but some plot holes in the writing are a huge peeve - for instance:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There are others, but that's the one that inspired me to make this.

It's clearly because some scenes earlier in some routes were written after scenes that come later, so the scenes that come later weren't written with the correct context. It's still my biggest frustration with this VN - everything else is really good and fairly polished. I just don't want the fourth sex scene with a character to be written as though it was their first time.

HueyFreeman32

Jun 3, 2018
damn i was gonna mention how this game is taking years to get to another update but im glad i read some of the latest replies from the others . i see im not the only one lol.

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019

Hmm,it seems like this month's status "update" is locked behind the patreon paywall.I wonder what exciting information must it contain to be locked. :unsure:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
It's not aboned, just taking a while to get the newest release.

A new test release version was just posted on Patreon along with news that Patreon will be paused again for another month. :)

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
It's not (more) locked here...

1617315220350.png

So, TL;DR:

* 0.4 will have Alice's storyline.

* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.

* Test release done, maybe another one at some point before the real release, testing animations, 3D etc.

* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.

* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
It's still going to take the same amount of time to get out a full route even if you do it in parts....

That's like going to Pizza Hunt, asking for a 12 inch pizza and then telling them to only cut it into 8 slices because 12 is too many ..... it's still the same size for those confused by that.

Reactions: HueyFreeman32

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I guess I'll have to check back when I'm an old man. Maybe he'll be halfway done with the second character. Wait a minute...

TGafy

May 14, 2020
I guess I'll have to check back when I'm an old man. Maybe he'll be halfway done with the second character. Wait a minute...
I agree that the wait has been absurd, but what did you mean 'halfway done with the second character'? At the moment, there are three different paths to play out.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I agree that the wait has been absurd, but what did you mean 'halfway done with the second character'? At the moment, there are three different paths to play out.
Couldn't say. I haven't played this game in two or three years, so I have no idea. I was just paraphrasing someone else's words.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't played not because I hate Offcuts or anything, I enjoy it a lot, it's just the lack of updates is dehumanizing, at least for me.

firemanblu

Jun 29, 2020
Here is the Italian translation of "Offcuts" version "0.3.1".
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

The link is: Mega

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Offcuts" versione "0.3.1".
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

Il link è: Mega
E se questa traduzione vi piace, non dimenticate di mettere un Like, sempre ben accetto!
Il download della traduzione non e piu disponibile

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes