VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Sure ..... no updates for 2 years and a bunch of lies .... awesome dev.
The game doesn't even need an update. If they decided to stop developing the game, the game would still be fine cause it has 3 whole seperate complete endings that are stand alone. There aren't any major bugs. And they are literally working for free to make the 4th ending, where they aren't even taking money from anyone so they aren't compelled to do anything.

It is almost like you miss the whole point of why they refuse to take and donations or subscriptions. Its because they don't want to owe anyone anything and want to work on the game in their own time. Shitty devs release stuff they aren't passionate about, and shitty devs only do the bare minimum for money. Here you have a dev creating essentially a route that is on par with an entire different game's content taking no donations or any other funding simply because they can.

Seriously almost every single post you make ragging on the dev just screams entitlement. With no appreciation for the fact that the dev isn't out to just milk you of your money. And the dev already made it clear that they don't owe anyone anything by the fact that they shut down payments to their patreon until they release the next update. Cause if the dev wanted to be shitty like most of the other devs on steam and on this site, they would keep accepting payments and not deliver. That shows you they are principled and not just someone who promises the world for your money and not deliver anything.

If you want to see what a shitty dev looks like. Go look up a game called . This game has been basically in the same state since like 2017. Where most updates are a difference without a difference. No significant or meaningful changes have happened. Where basic sex animations between races aren't even made and its been 5 years since he added in those races. They always claim they are working on some new city art, making changes to the database. But none of that adds anything. They changed the cosmetic appearance of the city like once every 2 years, which is something that can be done in like a weeks worth of work. That game use to make nearly 15K+ a month with over 10,000 patreon, now it barely makes 3K and is just milking the patreons for essentially no real updates or minor things that are nearly 5 years overdue being released in piecemeal once every 3 months just to give the illusion that work is being done. So yeah I am not going to complain about Stencilbits not releasing an update for 2 years when they make $0 during that time, while someone like Costello is making something like an average $45K a year for 4 years with no real progress other than updates that have been side steps rather steps forward.

Last edited:

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
tb.jpg

Another month, another monthly update! As mentioned in the last update, I'll have a solid four-week summer vacation in July (starting from 9th), so I should have plenty of time to finally finish release 0.4. I might as well take full advantage of it, so my guesstimate for 0.4 release is when my vacation ends, end of July/start of August. Previous holidays have always given a nice boost to my productivity, so let's hope this will do the same. The heat is melting both me and my computer at the moment, but things should cool down at some point. If I do too much rendering, my CPU starts to loudly scream about the heat. I'll probably do the same soon, it's just too damn hot. And as a final reminder, release 0.4 will contain Alice's full storyline.

Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).

The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support!

--

So, TL;DR:

* 0.4 will have Alice's storyline.

* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.

* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.

* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Last edited:

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
This was a really charming game. I wish the choices made had more of an impact, but I did enjoy the story progression. Hope the next version comes out sometime soon as Alice was my 2nd favorite character after Melissa.

• Haha
Reactions: TGafy

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
" my guesstimate for 0.4 release is when my vacation ends, end of July/start of August. ". . . . Are we taking bets? I got 25 cents and half a twix bar that says he'll miss that release.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
tb.jpg

Summer months pass quickly, which means it's time for the traditional monthly update! Last time I mentioned I would have my vacation this month and I have been free to spend some extra time preparing Offcuts release 0.4. Good news comes to those who wait and I'll be posting another update post when my vacation ends after next week. Be there or be square. This is a shorter update, more to come soon! And as a final reminder, release 0.4 will contain Alice's full storyline.

Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).

The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support!

--

So, TL;DR:

* 0.4 will have Alice's storyline.

* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.

* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.

* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Pervo

Jul 14, 2017
This game was/is charming. I think that is the best word to describe it. Its a shame that its reputation is crashing and burning whilst in a free fall but it is completely understandable considering the behemoth delay and ,taking into account the summary of delays posted farther up the page, consistently delaying said update when it reaches that point.

Considering no money is changing hands whilst this wait is going on, there lie no grounds for calling said developer a scammer.

Ultimately, the worst thing that can and likely will happen is loss of interest.

I judge based on the end product and in a landscape where there is no shortage of content popping up every few minutes, this is a truly unique take which has beautiful visuals, compelling story and hearty characters at its mid. It is a game that deserves to be played. I hope the dev would take that into account for the subsequent updates. Not to push himself to release incomplete content mind you, but to not issue any rough estimates of release times.

If no word is given, it is impossible to break it.

HueyFreeman32

Jun 3, 2018
This game was/is charming. I think that is the best word to describe it. Its a shame that its reputation is crashing and burning whilst in a free fall but it is completely understandable considering the behemoth delay and ,taking into account the summary of delays posted farther up the page, consistently delaying said update when it reaches that point.

Considering no money is changing hands whilst this wait is going on, there lie no grounds for calling said developer a scammer.

Ultimately, the worst thing that can and likely will happen is loss of interest.

I judge based on the end product and in a landscape where there is no shortage of content popping up every few minutes, this is a truly unique take which has beautiful visuals, compelling story and hearty characters at its mid. It is a game that deserves to be played. I hope the dev would take that into account for the subsequent updates. Not to push himself to release incomplete content mind you, but to not issue any rough estimates of release times.

If no word is given, it is impossible to break it.
the best way to convey how the most of perceive whats been goin on from our perspectives.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Dont forget that also her aunt will be included :sneaky:

*i hope is aunt, a lot passed since my last playthrough*

Reactions: HueyFreeman32

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Good news comes to those who wait and I'll be posting another update post when my vacation ends after next week. Be there or be square. This is a shorter update, more to come soon! And as a final reminder, release 0.4 will contain Alice's full storyline.
Guess Stencilbits got squared cause they about to be 2 weeks late on posting that that update.

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
I don't think this is evergoing to come out. He is starting to be like a couple other DEV's that only release some images once in awhile but keep making promises they never keep . Not sure he is taking Patron or not. I can't belive anyone would still be sending him money.

• Angry
Reactions: p22

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
I don't think this is evergoing to come out. He is starting to be like a couple other DEV's that only release some images once in awhile but keep making promises they never keep . Not sure he is taking Patron or not. I can't belive anyone would still be sending him money.
Think the dev has not been accepting payments for more than a year. They plan to resume patreon after 0.4 is out.
Think the dev was exhausted at some point and does work at a pace they're comfortable with. Since they aren't taking any payments, no harm done.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
The 2 year anniversary was June 21st. The August update was android build and bug fixes. The patreon post "Heatwave" said that he expects the release date to be end of July/start of August. The next post, on July 30th, said he'll post an update post when his vacation ends next week, still nothing. We are all hoping for some good news, or any real news instead of copy and paste progress posts on patreon.

Last edited:

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Yeah you know it would be smart to inform yourself before you write some horseshit, but here we are. :FacePalm:

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes