VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Once Stencil told me on his discord that routes like Jane etc will be small routes apart...he wanted to do also an harem route..to be honest idk when and if we will see these routes

Reactions: Warhawk1

iopq

Feb 16, 2018
That's her aunt, her parents aren't on the scene.

That's never been the point anyone has disputed.

He pissed people off with the lies originally. From his own words this was going to launch at the end of 2019, then it was delayed to January 2020 then a bit later in the year and now here we are.

From "it's almost ready" to "who fucking knows what's going on anymore".

There is also the fact that he's planning on taking this "hobby" to Steam and taking peoples money which is what I personally object to. Until he has a regular update schedule or finished the game completely he shouldn't be thinking about retail when he clearly isn't ready for that.

Steam users are fucking brutal. If they pay for a game and get told it isn't complete then they expect updates within months not years. The big difference between there and here is once they start calling scam they will review bomb and make damn sure his sales suffer. It's happened before quite a few times.

This game deserves better than that. Right now Steam shouldn't even be a consideration, sorting out his shit work ethic should be a top priority before he even thinks about trying to sell it.

Care to post your patreon contribution?

Maybe you're just a zoomer and don't know any better but the sense of entitlement is a little worrying.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Care to post your patreon contribution?

Maybe you're just a zoomer and don't know any better but the sense of entitlement is a little worrying.
Care to point out all those demands I didn't make?

Reading back my post that you quoted I can see me pointing out people annoyed by the lies the dev told 2 years ago followed by me saying he isn't ready for Steam yet followed by the trends that happen on Steam to lax devs.

Which part of that is entitlement?

Maybe you're just a boomer and think spouting an overused buzzword has any meaning to a point but the lack of reading comprehension is a little worrying.

Jun 6, 2021
Melissa and Nina are both complete but that doesn't mean shit when you're saying that to people that have paid for it on Steam. Unlike on here they will expect regular updates or they will shit all over it.
That's why I think it's a piss poor idea myself. That being said he could pull what a Japanese developer did and separate the stories and sell them for a couple bucks each. In this case he'd have two complete stories to sell, Melissa and Nina, while he works on others. It would still blow over better that way I think because then you are paying only for the Nina or Melissa story and getting a full VN at least. I don't know the details behind that fractured/episodic release but it seems okay in most cases.

That being said I doubt it will make it past greenlight.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
That's why I think it's a piss poor idea myself. That being said he could pull what a Japanese developer did and separate the stories and sell them for a couple bucks each. In this case he'd have two complete stories to sell, Melissa and Nina, while he works on others. It would still blow over better that way I think because then you are paying only for the Nina or Melissa story and getting a full VN at least. I don't know the details behind that fractured/episodic release but it seems okay in most cases.

That being said I doubt it will make it past greenlight.
Nothing that hasn't been done in gaming before. Strip the choices of the missing routes from the intro chapter and say there's some expansions/DLCs coming. Release date TBA ( :KEK: :poop::mad:). The masses on steam don't know the games/devs history anyway. Not that I approve of course, but honestly I don't really care either. I don't even come to this thread regularly anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Looks interesting. How much content is there so far? Like average game time?
It's got a good chunk of content and all 3 routes have different enough stories to make them worthwhile. Some of it corsses over but you see it from a different characters perspective.

The game itself is great and the girls are fantastic. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about it.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
It's got a good chunk of content and all 3 routes have different enough stories to make them worthwhile. Some of it corsses over but you see it from a different characters perspective.

The game itself is great and the girls are fantastic. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about it.
Yeah just played through Mellisa's route right now. I'm a sucker for tsundere spoiled rich girls..

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Who else is ready for probably another copy and pasted announcement saying 0.4 won't becoming out this month in 9-11 days?
It will probably be about how they came back from their 2 month vacation and work was tougher than previously thought and has kept them from working on the game these past few weeks. Which in itself would be a copy paste.

Westinaction

Apr 7, 2018
It will probably be about how they came back from their 2 month vacation and work was tougher than previously thought and has kept them from working on the game these past few weeks. Which in itself would be a copy paste.
Don't forget the section where he's now past the difficult part, progressing smoothly and should have it out to beta testers very soon!

Okedman

Sep 24, 2020
I added this game to my bookmarks, but given some comments, it becomes sad and the desire to play it disappears a little. It's a pity there are no animations.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
1634507337348.png

Unlocked

Another month ends, which means another monthly update post! Last time I struggled with my own issues about always wanting to wait and tweak things a little bit more and probably the only thing to help with that is just starting to publish stuff regularly again here on Patreon. Even if I'm not always happy with the results, the only reliable way to get better is to grind it anyway. And at this point, I have so much content ready I could do it for years. So starting from October 1, I'll force myself to start publishing stuff here, hopefully at least a few times a week. If I manage to do that consistently, I should be able to give a launch date for 0.4 next month too. After all, once your routine gets interrupted it can be hard to get back in the swing. But I'm going to give it a try. Let's hope it works out!
Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support!
--
So, TL;DR:
* 0.4 will have Alice's storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes