VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
1640189211338.png

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Sleepover Edition
The month is nearing its end, which means it's time for another monthly update! Good news, finally! After getting some inspiration and perspiration back, I managed to fight the 0.4 release to the finish line. There is nothing major left to do anymore, except going through the actual and always stressful release checklist. I'm probably going to give the script one more read-through and maybe hunt some typos, but that's about it. And existing art can always be improved, but everything has its limits. Previously I was thinking about a Christmas release and I should be able to time it around the Holiday season, maybe very early January to take advantage of the few extra holidays I have.
That's about it. I'll probably give a few more updates during December, including the final release date. I'll probably just publish the final release without much ado, building up hype just isn't my thing, I never enjoyed promotion that much. Hopefully, we can start the year with a solid foundation forward and I can start picking up some more speed again after this death march of a release. Let's do our best!
Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Last edited:

Squarblesport

Nov 9, 2020
Finished my time machine the other day. After visiting great places and seeing wonderful events in human history I had a flash of brilliance, I'll see what Stencilbits has for his Christmas post. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Christmas post. No need to thank me. Please understand this is purely sarcastic and is in no way meant to be taken seriously.
So, TL;DR:
* 0.4 will have Alice's storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
re: I present to you the Christmas post....

Yay Christmas 2023 will be so exciting! Thanks for telling us what the future holds....

Aug 16, 2019
I can't believe that this game still hasn't not only had an update but also isn't listed as abandoned. I get that the Dev has still been communicating with their supporters this entire time, but it has literally been since I joined this community since it last had an actual update.
It's because of the "lazy copy paste communication" that it doesn't get the abandoned tag. But I'm guessing tomorrow we'll see the Happy 2022 Update where Stencilbits will be almost done bit still doing some tweaks. The Alice Stoey will be complete and following updates won't have full routes in order to reduce time between updates. Large animations will be implemented after 0.4 and not taking Patreon money until the update just like the past 2 year+ of monthly updates that have said the same thing. Maybe stencilbits will mention the virus or Spider-Man in order to make the update appear recent.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
1640918156778.png

Unlocked
Montly Update: New Year Edition
Both the month and year are nearly finished, so it's time for a jolly good monthly update! This one will be a short and quick update, I hope everyone had a good year. Or at least that the next year will be a better one. I'll spend the rest of my vacation relaxing and tweaking things for the 0.4 release as mentioned in the previous updates. Expect a new update post next week or so for some more news! Happy New Year, everyone!
Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Expect a new update post next week or so for some more news! Happy New Year, everyone!
Supposedly we're finally getting the update next week. Though I am going to press X to doubt.

splamo

Jun 26, 2018
View attachment 1572011

Unlocked
Montly Update: New Year Edition
Both the month and year are nearly finished, so it's time for a jolly good monthly update! This one will be a short and quick update, I hope everyone had a good year. Or at least that the next year will be a better one. I'll spend the rest of my vacation relaxing and tweaking things for the 0.4 release as mentioned in the previous updates. Expect a new update post next week or so for some more news! Happy New Year, everyone!
The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
:rolleyes:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
My endearment for this game has fallen significantly. I still like it a lot, from what I remember. Nina is probably in my top 5 girls rankings. But these update times are ridiculous. It's his hobby and he doesn't take payments, so I'm not mad at him. Just disappointed.

I have no hope the timeframe will improve. He's adding more stuff, like those 3D movies which scream "complex" and "time-consuming to make". Even with partial updates...are we going from 2-3 years per update to yearly updates? Ehh... not great. It's to the point that the next update could be tomorrow or it could be in another year. And it doesn't make much of a difference to me.

This game is super high quality, but it's a hobby. Not a focus. Which is understandable. But from the outside looking in, it's like watching an artistic builder make a beautiful house...one plank at a time. With a hammer and nails. And he has to cut down all the trees and plane them. By himself. Meanwhile, you're standing outside in the rain waiting for it to be built so you can go inside.

Last edited:

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
happy the game had completed paths .
imagine he made only partial ones.
I have to say this thread/game is one of the most frustrating ones on this site . So much promise .

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
I remember this game, it was really good. Pity the dev got sidetracked. I cant help but thinking that rewriting the game in Unity would have been quicker and easier with better results than of all things writing a 3D engine in RenPy. Just because you can do something, doesnt mean you should.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes