VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think I might start taking bets on whether this or Underboss Life remake will launch first. So far this has been over 2 years in the waiting and Underboss Life remake not much less.

Both great games, both devs with shoddy work ethic.

At least will probably launch in 2022 though I wouldn't actually put any money on it.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I think I might start taking bets on whether this or Underboss Life remake will launch first. So far this has been over 2 years in the waiting and Underboss Life remake not much less.

Both great games, both devs with shoddy work ethic.

At least will probably launch in 2022 though I wouldn't actually put any money on it.
As far as UBL the dev finally gave an update (huge wall of text) in it's respectable thread, basically tldr: They've barely done anything for almost 2 years and fucked off for months at a time, but has given a "possible" release date of January. So you're right 2022 at the earliest lol.

At this point ill put money that Offcuts will get a release first lol

Reactions: Avaron1974

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Take your bets guys. Will version 4.0 come out before January 2022 or after 2023 if ever? Cause I highly doubt it is coming out at the end of this month or even November considering Stencilbits been saying all he needs to do is add the final touches for like 9 months.

Reactions: HueyFreeman32

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
considering Stencilbits been saying all he needs to do is add the final touches for like 9 months.
He told us it was nearly ready near the end of 2019, then it was almost ready at the start of 2020 and now we're coming to the end of 2021 and there are just a few finishing touches to go.

I love this game but I don't trust a single thing the dev says. Not the first update he's done it, they have got further apart as it went on. We're looking at well over 2 years now before this update comes out so probably 3 or 4 for the next one if the pattern extends.

jammen690

Apr 4, 2018
Man, I forgot about this game after waiting so long. I just happened to see it in someone signature line to day and wanted to look into it. Its really sad to see the state that this game fell into. It was one of the greats. Here's hoping it gets finished some time before 2030.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
View attachment 1457257

Unlocked

Another month ends, which means another monthly update post! Last time I struggled with my own issues about always wanting to wait and tweak things a little bit more and probably the only thing to help with that is just starting to publish stuff regularly again here on Patreon. Even if I'm not always happy with the results, the only reliable way to get better is to grind it anyway. And at this point, I have so much content ready I could do it for years. So starting from October 1, I'll force myself to start publishing stuff here, hopefully at least a few times a week. If I manage to do that consistently, I should be able to give a launch date for 0.4 next month too. After all, once your routine gets interrupted it can be hard to get back in the swing. But I'm going to give it a try. Let's hope it works out!
Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support!
--
So, TL;DR:
* 0.4 will have Alice's storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
indian-guy.jpg

Reactions: babadunde

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
1635646353839.png

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Halloween Horror Edition
We are reaching the end of the month again, which means another monthly update! The struggle continues but also advances. The plan to continually post content didn't last long before it devolved into slow tinkering where I'm just endlessly rotating the 3D models while wasting time, always finding something to be wrong with the final renders. Maybe it's an awkward pose, some pixels clipping through clothing or something else.
Still, I finally managed to get some confidence back by working on a small part of Kate's storyline. Yes, I know the next storyline is not even voted on yet, but I just felt trying to work on something else for a short while. Writing a small amount of new content instead of endless editing felt nice again. Characters have different personalities and it felt refreshing to do some quick and dirty (in more than one way) renders for Kate. Working on those also inspired me to make another special Halloween render again, it has been a while since I did anything not directly related to game content.
Other than that, I'm trying to target some kind of a Christmas release. At this point, I can just start dropping stuff to make the release easier if it comes to that. As for other content, I'll try to start posting again on Patreon, once again. It feels like I'm a bit more comfortable with my newer stuff, I guess a few years of added experience means something. More natural posing, better lighting etc. Fingers crossed.
Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

jammen690

Apr 4, 2018
After reading back through several dozen pages, I fully understand the outrage, and I am not surprised by this latest update. I mean he even flatout states in the first paragraph that he " endlessly rotating the 3D models while wasting time".
I try to give content creators the benefit of the doubt. I've worked as a programmer, done minor indy game design, and been a project lead (not gaming or programing, but different job), so I understand alot of the struggles and work involved, but their comes a point were that goodwill vanishes.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Finished my time machine the other day. After visiting great places and seeing wonderful events in human history I had a flash of brilliance, I'll see what Stencilbits has for his Christmas post. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Christmas post. No need to thank me. Please understand this is purely sarcastic and is in no way meant to be taken seriously.
So, TL;DR:

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes