VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes
Aug 16, 2019

Unlocked

Excuses, excuses, and more excuses... what else is new...
Last time I saw this much bullshit together, Zack Morris was a High School student...

Now let's wait for the next update where we get more Excuses...

Reactions: markel1000

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
The walkthrough is alright, even though it doesn't say what the other choices do, but I'd much rather have a walkthrough mod that shows you what the choices do, are there any plans for such a mod?

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
So according to the walkthrough, there are only 5 girls who can get points, so does that mean there will only be routes for those 5 girls? I was actually hoping there would eventually be a Jane path too.

Reactions: Hawky1984

RainMaker323

Jan 26, 2018

Unlocked

It's the end of the month again, so it's time for a monthly update! As I mentioned in the last update, I have some big changes going on! New home, new job and all that stuff. The promised 0.4 release will hopefully happen very soon, but as a final insult my computer's data hard disk died or was damaged during the move and I'm currently slowly restoring everything important from backups. Most of the data should be safe in source control and backups, so hopefully nothing too major is missing. I even had FedEx send me a hard disk restore from Backblaze, where I have most of the 3d-related data as my internet connection is way too slow to download terabytes of data at the moment. It looks like most of the stuff is OK, except for some older 3d-scenes that are probably gone forever. Fortunately, that doesn't matter unless I want to do a lot of re-renders as the final .jpg files are safe.
New update in a few days once I have managed to wrestle everything in order!
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
I'll take "Stupid excuses" for a hundred please, Alex.

Blackowl97

Jul 23, 2018

Unlocked

It's the end of the month again, so it's time for a monthly update! As I mentioned in the last update, I have some big changes going on! New home, new job and all that stuff. The promised 0.4 release will hopefully happen very soon, but as a final insult my computer's data hard disk died or was damaged during the move and I'm currently slowly restoring everything important from backups. Most of the data should be safe in source control and backups, so hopefully nothing too major is missing. I even had FedEx send me a hard disk restore from Backblaze, where I have most of the 3d-related data as my internet connection is way too slow to download terabytes of data at the moment. It looks like most of the stuff is OK, except for some older 3d-scenes that are probably gone forever. Fortunately, that doesn't matter unless I want to do a lot of re-renders as the final .jpg files are safe.
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
Damn, this is fucking funny hahaha

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020

Unlocked

--
So, TL;DR:
more excuses than an average cyberpunk fan

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017

Unlocked

--
So, TL;DR:
Why make such an extensive lie, just tell people it's not ready. It's not like he is scamming and taking people pateron money. He has paused the payments so why go to such hassle to justify the delays.
Be truthful one lie only leads to another.

Also no matter how much you sugarcoat it with one false reason or another people know something is fishy.

It's like no matter how Jada saying "it is an entaglement" when everyone know she cheated on her husband with her sons friend.

Last edited:

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Why make such an extensive lie, just tell people it's not ready. It's not like he is scamming and taking people pateron money. He has paused the payments so why go to such hassle to justify the delays.
Be truthful one lie only leads to another.

Also no matter how much you sugarcoat it with one false reason or another people know something is fishy.

It's like no matter how Jada saying "it is an entaglement" when everyone know she cheated on her husband with her sons friend.
Its a mix match of conflicting information to be honest, he says he has everything backed up online (backblaze cloud services) yet the older "3d" stuff is somehow still only on the drive? Why did he not back that up long ago if its older with all the other "terabytes" of data. All this says to me is that later on he will claim that he wont be able to do to do other paths due to some of the files went missing.

However to be real here why mention any of this at all? There is no reason to even let us know about any drive issues. " New update in a few days once I have managed to wrestle everything in order! " They already said in previous posts that 4.0 was finished months ago so why not upload and release it?

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
If people here "complain" means that they care about the game

Last edited:
Reactions: User1230

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Why spend so much time bitching about what is and what isn't happening, just shut up and wait, no one is losing money because of the delays, so there's no reason to complain about anything.
People aren't even mad, they're just disappointed that this guy just keeps piling excuses onto excuses. Its been 3 years since this guy has released an actual game update. Not a progress update. An actual playable update.

There are games with slow updates, there are developers with bad luck and then there's this game. There's only so many times we can listen to "Oh yeah, the update is almost done. But XYZ happened, so it'll be next month." If you think people can wait 3 years of that, well, congratulations, you're the world's newest saint.

The rest of us? We're just tired of it.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
People aren't even mad, they're just disappointed that this guy just keeps piling excuses onto excuses. Its been 3 years since this guy has released an actual game update. Not a progress update. An actual playable update.

There are games with slow updates, there are developers with bad luck and then there's this game. There's only so many times we can listen to "Oh yeah, the update is almost done. But XYZ happened, so it'll be next month." If you think people can wait 3 years of that, well, congratulations, you're the world's newest saint.

The rest of us? We're just tired of it.
So would you prefer it if the developer didn't say anything? At least this developer is giving us reasons, whether it's the truth or not, I know plenty of developers who just disappear and don't say anything, only to be confused that people lost interest and moved on when they finally post a new update.

I actually prefer to hear something from the developer than nothing at all.

Reactions: aesir150

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
Its a mix match of conflicting information to be honest, he says he has everything backed up online (backblaze cloud services) yet the older "3d" stuff is somehow still only on the drive? Why did he not back that up long ago if its older with all the other "terabytes" of data. All this says to me is that later on he will claim that he wont be able to do to do other paths due to some of the files went missing.

However to be real here why mention any of this at all? There is no reason to even let us know about any drive issues. " New update in a few days once I have managed to wrestle everything in order! " They already said in previous posts that 4.0 was finished months ago so why not upload and release it?
Exactly, I don't know why he feels he need to make all this things up. He ain't taking patreon money just be straight with his support base.

Reactions: travin213
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes