VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
We're almost halfway through the month, how are we all feeling about the update dropping soon? /s :alien:
It's absolutely dropping soon.

We are going by the universal "soon" all developers use which actually means "we have no fucking clue, we just work here"?

Why spend so much time bitching about what is and what isn't happening, just shut up and wait, no one is losing money because of the delays, so there's no reason to complain about anything.
Because we want to and with this being a public forum designed for posting our opinions and discussing all thogs about the game including the developers dog shit work ethic then that's what we'll do.

Coming here, telling people to shut up, how about no, how about that then?

There is no middle finger big enough.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Because we want to and with this being a public forum designed for posting our opinions and discussing all thogs about the game including the developers dog shit work ethic then that's what we'll do.

Coming here, telling people to shut up, how about no, how about that then?

There is no middle finger big enough.
"Sigh" See what you did DarkDaemonX? You just had to go and upset the feisty lesbian. I'll go get the spray bottle.

zetsubouig

Sep 7, 2020
I really don't get why the dev announced a release date when they then proceeded to absolutely ghost it, let's just hope the update comes out before summer, the game has a lot of potential but it's hard agreeing with the dev. hopin for the best

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Alright, so let's say this game actually does come out sometime soonish. Let's say it's completely 3d like he was promising. Is it worth it to take 3 years for this? Is it gonna take a year to 3 for each new update?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Is it gonna take a year to 3 for each new update?
You get to have a giggle at his plan.

His plan, that he keeps copy pasting for some reason, is to make smaller updates so his playerbase gets content quicker. In theory it's okay, it's like most games on here then.

What that means in practice is you'd have massive gaps between each bit of content because he's still going to be slow as fuck.

By the time the next content update drops you'd have to start over because you'd have forgot what the hell happened.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
18 days later, you would think there would be an update saying something.

"Hey I fixed the issue blah blah release day 5 months from now copy and paste below."

Or, "So the bad aliens probed out all of the 3d files out of my ass right after my house flooded even though I live in a desert country. So here is just the regular version . Soooowwwyyy :(:(:( "

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017

"Hey I fixed the issue blah blah release day 5 months from now copy and paste below."

Or, "So the bad aliens probed out all of the 3d files out of my ass right after my house flooded even though I live in a desert country. So here is just the regular version . Soooowwwyyy :(:(:( "
After giving him 3 years to update he probably figures his paypigs will give him more time

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017

your-expectations-are-too-damn-high.jpg

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
After giving him 3 years to update he probably figures his paypigs will give him more time
Actually, the only good thing he has going for him at the moment is that he has paused Patreon payments since November 2019. Hasn't taken a cent in those 3 years and keeps saying he won't resume payments until 0.4 is released. He may have a shitty work ethic and miss/lie(?) about every. single. release date but hey, at least he is not milking money.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
I'm just waiting for someone to post about a delay... :alien:
Hey there. I'm from the future. Here is the post from April 30th.

Like before, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).

The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!

--

So, TL;DR:

* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.

* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.

* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.

* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes