VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
Since he used hardware problems excuse in March chances are very very good he'll stick with that excuse.

I'm gonna put a quarter and 1 chocolate Easter bunny from 2016 on Stencil sticking with hardware excuse.
Well we live in bizzare period of time where we have been having shortages in semi conductor for 2 fucking years (Yes it's been 2 fucking years already) straight, so if he used hardware availability issue as an problem I understand.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
If anyone has access, please post his Patron news. I think it would be fun to see.

Jul 31, 2018
Since he used hardware problems excuse in March chances are very very good he'll stick with that excuse.

I'm gonna put a quarter and 1 chocolate Easter bunny from 2016 on Stencil sticking with hardware excuse.
I just hope it's a good excuse, or better yet a totally bizarre one. That way I'd at least get a laugh out of it.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
I bet the excuse gonna be his hand was cramping due to writing the script for Alice the pain caused him to spill coffee on his monitor losing all his progress now the release is delayed to next may

Neobrakeon

Apr 21, 2018

A month ends and an update post appears! Since the last update (and hard drive failure during my move) I have been re-installing things and sorting out what has been lost or not. Fortunately, I have managed to restore most things correctly from backups. Unfortunately, some things were lost. This includes:
* Some older Blender files (used to render the images), I only have the final .jpg files now. Not a big deal, although this means I would have to redo them from scratch if I ever want to do a 4K HD release or something. Or fix some small issues (cloth or hair clipping etc).
* Some newer files are restored but corrupted. The failing hard drive probably messed them up at some point. This includes some newer files, not totally clear yet if fixing them is in any way possible. Probably not. At least some animation-related files are messed up as I was working on them to produce the final animation videos. Will have to redo at least some of them completely.
* Some big files are also gone. At some point I had toggled the setting to not back up files bigger than 500 MB (as this caused a lot of traffic for my crappy internet connection), so a few of my Blender scene files are gone forever too. Fortunately, most files are smaller and were backed up.
Anyways, nothing too bad, but some annoying extra work. Still, most stuff is restored nicely and I should be able to start finalizing 0.4 release soon. I also took the opportunity and bought some new computer parts, including a new GPU. I also replaced the thermal paste on the CPU, it used to overheat during summer if I put too much heavy load on it (including rendering).
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

BorgleButt

Apr 17, 2019

A month ends and an update post appears! Since the last update (and hard drive failure during my move) I have been re-installing things and sorting out what has been lost or not. Fortunately, I have managed to restore most things correctly from backups. Unfortunately, some things were lost. This includes:
* Some older Blender files (used to render the images), I only have the final .jpg files now. Not a big deal, although this means I would have to redo them from scratch if I ever want to do a 4K HD release or something. Or fix some small issues (cloth or hair clipping etc).
* Some newer files are restored but corrupted. The failing hard drive probably messed them up at some point. This includes some newer files, not totally clear yet if fixing them is in any way possible. Probably not. At least some animation-related files are messed up as I was working on them to produce the final animation videos. Will have to redo at least some of them completely.
* Some big files are also gone. At some point I had toggled the setting to not back up files bigger than 500 MB (as this caused a lot of traffic for my crappy internet connection), so a few of my Blender scene files are gone forever too. Fortunately, most files are smaller and were backed up.
Anyways, nothing too bad, but some annoying extra work. Still, most stuff is restored nicely and I should be able to start finalizing 0.4 release soon. I also took the opportunity and bought some new computer parts, including a new GPU. I also replaced the thermal paste on the CPU, it used to overheat during summer if I put too much heavy load on it (including rendering).
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copy and paste from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
It's everything I hoped it would be. :alien:

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020

--
So, TL;DR:
Jesus I was right delayed to next yr this is just sad

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
FEB 19, 2022 AT 4:43 PM
Monthly Update: Release Date Edition

"The 0.4 itself has been pretty much done for a while now"

APR 29, 2022 AT 4:58 PM
Monthly Update: Hardware Resurrection Edition

"I should be able to start finalizing 0.4 release soon"

I just don't understand the reason behind all the lies. They don't take money, yet its just lie after lie for 3 years. Only thing I can think of is that they haven't done a single thing with the game this entire time. Yet what do they hope to gain from all this?

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
The longest "soon" I've ever seen.

Sigh

Also my last hopes are dying

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I've still got my hopes that the below video will happen one day as an excuse.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Even if we is actually actively working but very slowly, my estimate based on what he told is lost is at least 6 more months, if not more. :D

Geri_DER

Jul 15, 2017
i will follow this thread just because the excuses are funny, but the real question should be why he hasn't really abandoned this game, it is 2 and a half years since an update, i don't think anyone would be interested to continue playing this game after more than 3 years of excuses, lies(?) and no updates and forgetting what the hell was going on in this game

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes