VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
i will follow this thread just because the excuses are funny, but the real question should be why he hasn't really abandoned this game, it is 2 and a half years since an update, i don't think anyone would be interested to continue playing this game after more than 3 years of excuses, lies(?) and no updates and forgetting what the hell was going on in this game
if i noticed/remembered to check sure why not. what is there is good and weather or not he lies is irrelevant if he isn't taking patreon or similar cash. honestly since the release schedule is effectively 1 story per update this isn't even that bad. but i'm not holding my breath

Aug 16, 2019
The update is locked behind the paywall, but I'll guess it's the ol' reliable "everything's almost done. No patreon charges until release. Steam may be coming soon." With a mix of "Recovered some of the data, but most of the animations are gone, my dog stepped on a bee, reworking some of the missing renders and we'll be back on track for a release soon enough."

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
if i noticed/remembered to check sure why not. what is there is good and weather or not he lies is irrelevant if he isn't taking patreon or similar cash. honestly since the release schedule is effectively 1 story per update this isn't even that bad. but i'm not holding my breath
3 yrs for one update is pretty bad each story should be one yr a piece

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Oh, wow. It got the abandoned tag. I remember playing this way back, and noticed it hasn't moved from 3.1 since. But I didn't see an abandoned tag til now. I'm...... kinda surprised.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
The update is locked behind the paywall, but I'll guess it's the ol' reliable "everything's almost done. No patreon charges until release. Steam may be coming soon." With a mix of "Recovered some of the data, but most of the animations are gone, my dog stepped on a bee, reworking some of the missing renders and we'll be back on track for a release soon enough."
He has been saying "almost" ready since November 2019. Wait, wait, wait, wait! I figured it out. When he says "0.4 is almost ready", he doesn't mean the update is almost ready. He means that 0.4 is almost ready to be worked on. See!? He hasn't even started, but he is almost ready to start.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
3 yrs for one update is pretty bad each story should be one yr a piece
true it is far from ideal. in different context that would make it 2 missed updates tho
not really expecting anything to happen but i'd play if it did. it was a nice story iirc.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
1654115367641.png

Unlocked

Another month is ending, which means it's time for the traditional monthly update! Hardware issues are now all fixed and I have been re-creating some content and renders that self-destructed along with my hard drive. Fortunately, there were not many of them, as most were backed up.
So, good news! Things are mostly ready for release 0.4 again! I have learned not to make any promises, but I should be able to press that "Build Release" button soon. I'll probably give the script a proofreading pass or two and see if I spot any other issues, but so far things are looking good. Expect another update after next weekend or so!
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Has any one told him how steam react to NSFW games with Hi school theam? it would at least speed up developement by six or eighteen month by vertue of saving him somme time.

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
View attachment 1844398

Unlocked

Another month is ending, which means it's time for the traditional monthly update! Hardware issues are now all fixed and I have been re-creating some content and renders that self-destructed along with my hard drive. Fortunately, there were not many of them, as most were backed up.
So, good news! Things are mostly ready for release 0.4 again! I have learned not to make any promises, but I should be able to press that "Build Release" button soon. I'll probably give the script a proofreading pass or two and see if I spot any other issues, but so far things are looking good. Expect another update after next weekend or so!
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
Jesus man next one gonna be my dog ate my computer

• Haha
Reactions: LordMerek
Aug 16, 2019
Jesus Christ, GRR Martins 11 years (and counting) for a huge fucking book like The Winds of Winter isn't as maddening as this shit here.
At least with GRRM we ACTUALLY know the type of bullshit he's doing that isn't writing the damned book. With Stencilbits all we know is v.04 will have the Alice Route. It's almost done all it needs is a little proofreading/polishing. Experimenting with video animations. Not sure if the game will hit Steam because of their flip-flopping stance on adult games. After 0.4 updates will not be full routes in order to have shorter wait periods.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes