VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
i will follow this thread just because the excuses are funny, but the real question should be why he hasn't really abandoned this game, it is 2 and a half years since an update, i don't think anyone would be interested to continue playing this game after more than 3 years of excuses, lies(?) and no updates and forgetting what the hell was going on in this game
I think it's due to him not needing the money hence why he pauses every month plus I honestly think this gm is his hobby not passion which would explain the horrible work ethic

Reactions: Hawky1984 and p22
Jan 1, 2018
I just don't understand the reason behind all the lies. They don't take money, yet its just lie after lie for 3 years. Only thing I can think of is that they haven't done a single thing with the game this entire time. Yet what do they hope to gain from all this?
Maybe he lurks on this thread and is endlessly entertained by US commenting on it. I know that's why I keep coming back! :ROFLMAO:

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
It's been almost ready for years now. This is the longest final touch i've ever witnessed.

I think i'd take up a religion because that would be a miracle.
https://f95zone.to/threads/offcuts-v0-3-1-stencilbits.12879/page-119#post-7850787

Just count how many times he wrote that he is polishing. You'd think in 3 years he'd run out of things to polish for the final product.

If he actually releases 0.4 I say we all go join The Church of the Fonz. Lets face it, he is much cooler than any god.

Aug 16, 2019
After 18 years Yatagarasu got unbanned from Yu-Gi-Oh! Maybe there's still hope for 0.4... who am i kidding, I'll probably die and go to hell and my punishment will be read Stencilbits's non-updates for all eternity.

• Haha
Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Hawky1984

Jun 3, 2019
It's not exactly abandoned, the dev is just horribly unreliable, the tag is just there because it's been 2 years since his last release
3 years. That makes it abandoned if you ask me. The dev is just stringing people along now, i doubt it'll ever get another update let alone get finished.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Alright, its been 3 weeks since his last update on Patreon. Who wants to guess what next weeks excuse is going to be?

I'm going to go with having to restore all his lost files after rebuilding his computer and that the move has been stressful for him.

Reactions: deadh30775n

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Alright, its been 3 weeks since his last update on Patreon. Who wants to guess what next weeks excuse is going to be?

I'm going to go with having to restore all his lost files after rebuilding his computer and that the move has been stressful for him.
Here are my guesses for this months excuse.
1: His favorite houseplant died so he is taking a break because of its death.
2: Someone stole the towels from his laundry room and now he hunting them down.
3: He was playing for Hufflepuff in the quidditch tournament.
4: He was cleaning his ears with a Q-tip and put it too far in. Now he can't hear his alarm to wake him up to work on the VN.
5: He overslept.
6: His house was too cold so he had to go to the Caribbean to warm up before he got sick.
7: His cat ate his HDD with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
8: He forgot.
9: Stubbed his toe which caused too much pain to sit and work on his PC.
10: His PC was covered with 8 feet of snow in a surprise snowstorm.
11: He drank a glass of water forgetting that he is allergic to water so he spent the month in the hospital.
12: The police raided his home and gave him a speeding ticket for typing too fast. Now the VN is delayed again because of speeding.
13: He did get sick and had a fever of 132 fahrenheit (55.5 celcius)
14: His cat got depressed and now requires constant attention.
15: A crow stole his HDD.
16: He spent weeks on the phone with the insurance company after his swimming pool caught fire.
17: He had to go shopping for the perfect chair to use while working on the VN after his other chair broke from overuse.
18: He tripped on the stairs on the way to his PC.
19: He saw a dodo on the way to his PC and had to follow it all around town for weeks.
20: He didn't know that he was allowed to work on the VN.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
Here are my guesses for this months excuse.
1: His favorite houseplant died so he is taking a break because of its death.
2: Someone stole the towels from his laundry room and now he hunting them down.
3: He was playing for Hufflepuff in the quidditch tournament.
4: He was cleaning his ears with a Q-tip and put it too far in. Now he can't hear his alarm to wake him up to work on the VN.
5: He overslept.
6: His house was too cold so he had to go to the Caribbean to warm up before he got sick.
7: His cat ate his HDD with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
8: He forgot.
9: Stubbed his toe which caused too much pain to sit and work on his PC.
10: His PC was covered with 8 feet of snow in a surprise snowstorm.
11: He drank a glass of water forgetting that he is allergic to water so he spent the month in the hospital.
12: The police raided his home and gave him a speeding ticket for typing too fast. Now the VN is delayed again because of speeding.
13: He did get sick and had a fever of 132 fahrenheit (55.5 celcius)
14: His cat got depressed and now requires constant attention.
15: A crow stole his HDD.
16: He spent weeks on the phone with the insurance company after his swimming pool caught fire.
17: He had to go shopping for the perfect chair to use while working on the VN after his other chair broke from overuse.
18: He tripped on the stairs on the way to his PC.
19: He saw a dodo on the way to his PC and had to follow it all around town for weeks.
20: He didn't know that he was allowed to work on the VN.
Had me laughing at #1!

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020

He got a stomach ache from typing to fast now hes sick for a year

Last edited:

rancid.husk

Jul 18, 2017
So I should just delete this game then? Cause this game has been sitting on my drive for years now and I havent looked at it in at least 2. Are any of the girls stories worth a final visit?

TGafy

May 14, 2020
So I should just delete this game then? Cause this game has been sitting on my drive for years now and I havent looked at it in at least 2. Are any of the girls stories worth a final visit?
For what it's worth, at least a few of the girls' routes are complete. If you're a fan of those girls, then it's your personal choice whether or not to revisit their stories.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Geowraith

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
Eh if the girl u wanted route is complete than ur choice since imma nina and amy fan im not mad as everyone else in this thread i just find the excuses funny

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes