VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Can anyone share Stencibit's latest update they just posted saying how they aren't done with the update and how the rest of the post is just a copy and paste?

Edit: Never mind I just became their patreon because I am pretty sure they won't ever be taking my money anytime soon.
It been a year since I became Stencilbits patreon and I still haven't been charged a single dollar.

Pretty sure Stencilbits either survives purely on either salt produced by this thread or the unspoken hype.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It been a year since I became Stencilbits patreon and I still haven't been charged a single dollar.

Pretty sure Stencilbits either survives purely on either salt produced by this thread or the unspoken hype.
As far as i'm aware he has a job.

Whether he turns up or he's constantly stuck in traffic jams and had more family members die than a Game of Thrones episode in order to get out of work I don't know.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
If he would have made it to 200 patrons he could have quit that job and spent more time on the game, but noooooo, you greedy fuckers had to not pledge to him. Its your fault that its been 3 years and its your fault that we get copy/paste posts. Greedy people, not giving their money to Stencil.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If he would have made it to 200 patrons he could have quit that job and spent more time on the game, but noooooo, you greedy fuckers had to not pledge to him. Its your fault that its been 3 years and its your fault that we get copy/paste posts. Greedy people, not giving their money to Stencil.
If I wanted to give all my money to someone who sits at home doing nothing all day I would have stayed with my ex.

Nurkas

Apr 7, 2017
For fucks sake, i remember playing his version 0.1 the day it came out. I know I'm beating a dead horse complaining about how long he takes but he really should have just done the best he could have done and moved on to a new game and improved with what he learned from this one. From what i have seen over the years checking on this it really seems he fell a bit for perfection trap with redoing stuff and of course I say a bit of procasination. Sad honestly, read Nina's route and was going wait for the full game to do the other routes lol.

• Haha
Reactions: fpsgamer

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
For fucks sake, i remember playing his version 0.1 the day it came out. I know I'm beating a dead horse complaining about how long he takes but he really should have just done the best he could have done and moved on to a new game and improved with what he learned from this one. From what i have seen over the years checking on this it really seems he fell a bit for perfection trap with redoing stuff and of course I say a bit of procasination. Sad honestly, read Nina's route and was going wait for the full game to do the other routes lol.
I would agree but the Alice route is the one I was waiting for most.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Oh, I can feel the storm coming. A vibrant wave of new excuses are upon us! What will it be this time? Perhaps a meteor struck his house?? Maybe it'll be weather related such as a solar storm knocked out his power and couldn't render for weeks! Perhaps his pet shark ate his scripts and had to start over? Did he become a Time Traveler and prevent the extinction of the dinosaurs to which delayed the release by a month again ? The possibilities are endless!

• Haha

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Carry-on Baggage Edition
Time flies and September is nearly ending, so it's time for another monthly update! The final tech test release is hopefully coming out soon(ish). I have to track down some bugs I encountered when using Ren'Py's rewind/replay system. Managing complex state properly through those transitions can get tricky. Other than that, no news (which is good). All has been said and done in the previous updates, I'll just have to crawl through the finish line at some point and get 0.4 out of the door. Expect a test release at some point when I have sorted out those few remaining bugs.
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Apparently his excuse is still the same one like what over 2 years ago? Just hunting for some last bugs!

How do you bug hunt for 2 years... it is almost as if the bug is the fact that he hasn't actually done the work he has claimed.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The final tech test release is hopefully coming out soon(ish).
It's been coming out "soon(ish) since 2019.

Beginning to think this dev worked on Duke Nukem Forever.

It's like Starship Troopers, he's been hunting bugs for years.

• Haha

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Carry-on Baggage Edition
Time flies and September is nearly ending, so it's time for another monthly update! The final tech test release is hopefully coming out soon(ish). I have to track down some bugs I encountered when using Ren'Py's rewind/replay system. Managing complex state properly through those transitions can get tricky. Other than that, no news (which is good). All has been said and done in the previous updates, I'll just have to crawl through the finish line at some point and get 0.4 out of the door. Expect a test release at some point when I have sorted out those few remaining bugs.
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
big-pile-of-shit-jurassic-park.gif

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes