VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
You know, I would love to see someone on his patreon actually call him out for nearly 4 years of bullshit with updating this game.

I know they'd get booted, but I just find the idea satisfying.
I mean why don't you do it? It is not like it cost anything to become his patreon since he doesn't collect any money.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Holy Sh*t:eek::eek::eek: Why is this game Abandoned:unsure:??? I remembered playing this game like 3 years ago and it was Completed back then.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Holy Sh*t:eek::eek::eek: Why is this game Abandoned:unsure:??? I remembered playing this game like 3 years ago and it was Completed back then.
It's never been completed.

It has 3 complete storylines but still has 3 more characters to go.

It got abandoned because it hasn't had an update in nearly 4 years despite this update being ready close to Christmas 2019 according to the dev.

Dev puts more effort into his excuses than he does into making his game.

Reactions: JohnF95zone

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
It's never been completed.

It has 3 complete storylines but still has 3 more characters to go.

It got abandoned because it hasn't had an update in nearly 4 years despite this update being ready close to Christmas 2019 according to the dev.

Dev puts more effort into his excuses than he does into making his game.
Ah I see. I think I only played 1 complete storyline and considered it complete :ROFLMAO:, completely not checking this thread anymore and forgot about this game altogether. Not until it was mentioned in another Abandoned game thread:p.

Thank you for the updates on game un-progress. Cheers.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Maybe someone should just tell him to release what he already has (assuming he has anything at all), and make bugfixes when we find them, the consumers have always been faster at finding them after all, as there are more of us.

He says he will try to release faster updates after 0.4, but if it takes him this long to make a single route, he can't even code a single line of dialogue per week, unless this route is the size of multiple average size VNs (Once again assuming he has done anything at all).

May 15, 2022
The Empire State building. Construction started 1930. Time to completion: 1 year 45 days.

The aircraft carrier USS Yorktown(the one that replaced the one sunk at Midway) Year it started being built 1941. Time to completion: 16 and a half months.

The Twin towers. Started August 5th 1966. First tower completed December 1970. Second tower completed July 1971.

The USS Essex aircraft carrier. Started April 28 1941. Completed: 15 months.

Germany invades Poland on September 1st 1939. Germany occupies the European mainland in 19 months.

A guy sitting behind a PC making renders, editing script, fixing bugs, and coding for a visual novel: 40 months and counting.

There you have it kids. Wanna be a programmer? Stop and think about your life. You could accomplish so much more if you do literally anything else.

Jul 31, 2018
The Empire State building. Construction started 1930. Time to completion: 1 year 45 days.

The aircraft carrier USS Yorktown(the one that replaced the one sunk at Midway) Year it started being built 1941. Time to completion: 16 and a half months.

The Twin towers. Started August 5th 1966. First tower completed December 1970. Second tower completed July 1971.

The USS Essex aircraft carrier. Started April 28 1941. Completed: 15 months.

Germany invades Poland on September 1st 1939. Germany occupies the European mainland in 19 months.

A guy sitting behind a PC making renders, editing script, fixing bugs, and coding for a visual novel: 40 months and counting.

There you have it kids. Wanna be a programmer? Stop and think about your life. You could accomplish so much more if you do literally anything else.
As a programmer, I'm with this 100% :ROFLMAO:

BakaHu

May 8, 2022
I kinda like this art style,
First time I've seen it,
Too bad this is 3 years idle.

The pussy in screenshot 9 looks kinda odd but I still like the art style.

flastus

Nov 5, 2020
I kinda like this art style,
First time I've seen it,
Too bad this is 3 years idle.

The pussy in screenshot 9 looks kinda odd but I still like the art style.
The existing game is pretty good, I thought. I think most of us are here because we liked it, and it contains several complete storylines. It's not perfect, but it's decent, better than a lot of games out there. But the dev is consistently promising that next month it will be released, as soon as some bugs are fixed and he re-roofs his house and completes his plan to invent a new breed of cat, probably at the end of the month, and it will contain all of Alice's route and maybe a Steam release, but cat breeds are notoriously difficult to herd so who knows.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes