VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Cant wait for the December update titled milker edition
Montly Update: "Insert Christmas themed render that was rendered 3 years ago"
December is almost ending and I have some good news and some bad news, but firstly I finished it! I completed every render, test, bug fix, scripting, and editing. All done! I can finally release it.

Before I released it I wanted to recheck each render just to make sure. Guess what? Every single render had a huge black smudge. I had to delete every single one. I know its not what you wanted to hear but I couldn't understand how I missed that smudge. After I took my glasses off to rub my nose I noticed that my glasses had a black smudge on them.

TL/DR: Bad news: I had every single render done and ready to release but had to delete because of a smudge. Good news: My glasses are now clean.

Jul 31, 2018
Montly Update: "Insert Christmas themed render that was rendered 3 years ago"
December is almost ending and I have some good news and some bad news, but firstly I finished it! I completed every render, test, bug fix, scripting, and editing. All done! I can finally release it.

Before I released it I wanted to recheck each render just to make sure. Guess what? Every single render had a huge black smudge. I had to delete every single one. I know its not what you wanted to hear but I couldn't understand how I missed that smudge. After I took my glasses off to rub my nose I noticed that my glasses had a black smudge on them.

TL/DR: Bad news: I had every single render done and ready to release but had to delete because of a smudge. Good news: My glasses are now clean.
lmao I'm framing this

Aug 16, 2019
(edited: to add that this is my guess and not the real update)
Monthly update: Alice in Winter Wonderland Edition
Another year has come and gone, but We're getting close to release! As you all know I was stuck at home due to illness and spent most of the time bedridden. I used this tine to iron out the kinks for version 0.4 and tallied the feedback from some of my early testers. Some pesky bugs have appeared on the PC version that weren't there before. I'm on my third laptop this month since I puked all over the last two due to my illness. I'm pushing myself to the limits in order to release 0.4 soon-ish.

I don't think the game will make it to Steam due to their flip-flopping nature regarding adult games. I am looking into gamepass and Nintendo eShop releases.

As always, payments to my Patreon are suspended until version 0.4 is released. Once it does, I'll be taking money and with the backlog of unclaimed payments, I might be able to buy a RealDoll that looks like Evil Nina.

Alice Render with Alice dressed like Disney's Alice but in Christmas colors holding a ridiculously large and overstuffed eclair with a sign that says eat me. The eclair seems like it's about to burst at the tip and cover Alice with its thick and creamy filling.

Last edited:

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
"Dear patrons.

Sorry that I haven't released any updates lately, but as it turns out Santa shoved a piece of coal up my biological exhaust pipe and it turns out that I liked it. So that's why I have no image for the last month I've started trying to make diamonds with my arse. Yes, I know Christmas was 5 days ago and I've had a month to do something, my arse is much more important."

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Dear Patrons and Fans

The anal probing has been a treat. I am now a teapot. I trimmed my metal fence today. Santa is a pie. Many presents up my chimney. I mention 4.0. Have been made ambassador of horse hair clippings. I outrank most in toilet paper collecting. I stretch my meat bag. Please wait while software is finished. Here is my monthly drool. Please park accordingly. My apple made it all the way to France. I sued my barber for making lobster salads. Many of my coins are tasty. I live in a shoebox and I am sick. Copy Paste 2023.

-Stencilbits
The Bubble Butt Queen

Last edited:

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
I am assuming the typo and errors is the fact that the script doesn't exist.

1672536437473.png

Unlocked
Monthly Update: New Year Edition
December is ending soon together with the year, which means it's time for a new monthly (and yearly) update! Hopefully everyone had a good year, and if not, let's hope that the next one will be better. I'm having a few weeks of extra vacation after the New Year, which I'll probably use to finish any issues I find with the 0.4 release. I'll also try to do a final read-through to spot any typos or script errors. The whole script is long enough, so it takes some time and it's pretty boring to read the same thing repeatedly. Some people have offered to help with the proof-reading and testing in the past, I might try to set up some kind of beta-program for volunteer editors at some point after 0.4 is out if people are still interested. That's about all, be prepared for more news after my vacation ends! Next update will be around the middle of January if things go as planned. Until then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
" I'm having a few weeks of extra vacation after the New Year "

Well there ya have it once again they weaseled their way out of a release in January. I really don't understand what the deal is with Stencilbits. Like how many years do they plan on keeping this up, month after month it's the same excuse. "It's done / not done needs finalizing." Like who does that? The truly bizarre thing is that they aren't receiving any money at all for the game. What do they hope to achieve by stringing people along for years?

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
" I'm having a few weeks of extra vacation after the New Year "

Well there ya have it once again they weaseled their way out of a release in January. I really don't understand what the deal is with Stencilbits. Like how many years do they plan on keeping this up, month after month it's the same excuse. "It's done / not done needs finalizing." Like who does that? The truly bizarre thing is that they aren't receiving any money at all for the game. What do they hope to achieve by stringing people along for years?
I still stand by my other post saying that Stencil is doing a social experiment and his patrons are the subjects. He wants to see how many years someone will wait for something before they call it quits.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I still stand by my other post saying that Stencil is doing a social experiment and his patrons are the subjects. He wants to see how many years someone will wait for something before they call it quits.
That was actually something that came to mind after I posted the reply, at this point anything is plausible including a social experiment.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Maybe he is just a procrastinator and or a perfectionist.

Being both myself I can tell you I have endless projects that are like 90% done and inch foward a bit every month for years till I decide to redo something or hit technical snag then get discouraged for a while before picking it up again.

The one thing that amazes me is how he gives a monthly update at the end of the month without fail consistently for like 3 years straight.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: sonhot and p22

Westinaction

Apr 7, 2018
I don't understand why he likes to say he'll have an update in the middle of the month, but never does. it's always one update at the end of the month, yet he continually claims there'll be mid-month updates. It's just a weird thing to lie about. We all know there'll be another bs update on January 30th, so why lie about there being one on Jan. 15th? There's something pathologic about stencil, its strange.

NTDW

Mar 18, 2020
I'm interested in theories as to what actually happened. I remember this being one of the first games I got into when I started playing AVNs and the three finished routes are incredibly great and well-written, with quite substantial art. Sure, the update periods were long then but nothing compared to this. Is he just bored with the game and doesn't want to admit to his patreons? Like, there's no monetary incentive here since payments are suspended. I am just deeply confused what the motivation can be to continue posting these updates with art since stencilbits quite clearly is never really going to publish the VN.

It's a shame really, since the game (sentimental as it may sound) has a special place in my heart, and at least the three completed routes make it one of the best abandoned games on the site. Which makes the fact that its likely never going to be completed even more biting.

Last edited:

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
You know, I would love to see someone on his patreon actually call him out for nearly 4 years of bullshit with updating this game.

I know they'd get booted, but I just find the idea satisfying.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes