VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Lol apparently nothing we haven't heard before guys! He is using a chunk of his vacation to get it done. I pretty sure hes said that for almost every holiday. For like the past 3 years.

1669767902424.png

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Student Body Beach Body Edition
November is ending soon, which means it's time for the traditional and ancient monthly update post! Pushing out that elusive 0.4 will hopefully happen relatively soon, I'm planning to use a good chunk of my winter vacation at the end of this year for sorting out any remaining issues. Fortunately, there are not many left and most have been mentioned in previous updates. I'm keeping this update a bit short, I'm currently sick with a pretty nasty flu (non-covid) and a massive headache.
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

hirikumo

Nov 19, 2018
Lol apparently nothing we haven't heard before guys! He is using a chunk of his vacation to get it done. I pretty sure hes said that for almost every holiday. For like the past 3 years.
I would love to know what the fuck he needs a vacation for.

hirikumo

Nov 19, 2018
We gotta cut him some slack... he got down with the sickness!
Nurse Krampus needs to pay Stencilbits a visit!
You're right. How could we be so insensitive to his condition? A pretty nasty flu AND a massive headache. Stencil will need a couple of months, AT LEAST, to get better.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
He's so sick.

I think he should take a vacation, he's worked so hard on the update to try and get it out in a timely fashion.

It only feels like yesterday when I played the last update.

Because it was yesterday.

Because it had been 3 years since it came out and i'd forgot what the hell happened.

Get well soon dev. And I mean soon by our standards not yours.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
The fucking flu is this guy serious lmao
He's super serial now you guys! Its different this time! He's super sick!

Not like the last 30 something excuses he's had. Several of which were him saying he was sick. Let's face it, dude's off somewhere, trying to laugh as some shoddily made AI tries to come up with a randomly created shoddy excuse along with a randomly generated image.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
He's super serial now you guys! Its different this time! He's super sick!

Not like the last 30 something excuses he's had. Several of which were him saying he was sick. Let's face it, dude's off somewhere, trying to laugh as some shoddily made AI tries to come up with a randomly created shoddy excuse along with a randomly generated image.
Well once he used the dog ate my homework excuse (dead hard drive) pretty much anything after that is bound to be bullshit. Especially if nothing releases.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Well... it is obvious he has some other full-time job, and this game is a side activity he barely has any time to work on.

Jul 31, 2018
The best part of the latest post

" I'm planning to use a good chunk of my winter vacation at the end of this year for sorting out any remaining issues. "

Already excusing themselves out of the entire month of December to do fuck all once again.

Who's ready for year 4?
Don't think of the macro too much, or you'll realize...

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Just read.

October 30th 2019: The progress has been steady and the script is now mostly complete. Most of the backgrounds and 3D-scenes are also ready, so the most significant work is now done. The target for 0.4 release date is currently December, and the holidays should give me plenty of time to wrap things up. (Read the date again after reading that).

June 29th 2021: I'll have a solid four-week summer vacation in July (starting from 9th), so I should have plenty of time to finally finish release 0.4. I might as well take full advantage of it, so my guesstimate for 0.4 release is when my vacation ends, end of July/start of August. Previous holidays have always given a nice boost to my productivity. (Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha)

December 2022: I'm planning to use a good chunk of my winter vacation at the end of this year for sorting out any remaining issues. Fortunately, there are not many left and most have been mentioned in previous updates.

Seeing a pattern?

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes