VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes
Jul 31, 2018
That's because at itch.io they're still dangling between denial and anger.
Here we moved on past all that. This topic is usially chill. We just sit and laugh at SB's newest non-developments .
Agreed, there's no anger here. More of a discussion whenever they drop an update and we all laugh about it. We all love the game, wish it dropped, but we're making the best with what we got.

May 15, 2022
Its getting to be that time again. 1 or 2 days for another post about tests, bug fixing, polishing, and editing. What excuse are we feeling this time folks?

Animation tests are done but need polishing?
Bugs were found even though its been bug fixing for 3 years?
He is gonna take one more look at the script, maybe rewrite it?
His wife is pregnant with twins and he needs to take 18 months break, 9 months for each one?
He watched The Ring vhs tape and is now being hunted?
His grandma died for the 19th time?
Someone stole his towels from his laundry room and now he has to become Liam Neeson from Taken?
He had a dream he worked on the game for a few hours so he said that counted as work and took the month off?

bssbn

Jul 13, 2020
That's because at itch.io they're still dangling between denial and anger.
Here we moved on past all that. This topic is usially chill. We just sit and laugh at SB's newest non-developments .
not really "they're" but just this one guy defending stencilbits by replying on every single comment

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Squatters Thigs
The first month of the year is soon ending, which means it's time for a brand new monthly update! January has been busy for me in almost every way, including some final script editing. Another part of my time I have been using to make some small code and other contributions to the open-source Godot Game Engine as it is approaching its 4.0 release. That release has been in the making for around 3+ years by now, so I have some sympathy here. One day you might see the interactive adventures of our cast in Godot, Unity or Unreal Engine. As I occasionally use these engines at my day job in some form, I have been quietly evaluating them for the eventual next step in this hobby of mine. But more of that later, once the next release of Offcuts is actually out.
With that out of the way, my last hurdle with Offcuts 0.4 has been mostly proofreading and editing, basic tasks that I could keep doing forever. And sometimes, I feel the more I edit things, the worse the script becomes. It has been mostly release ready for a while, so once I get my other tasks out of the way, I can hopefully and finally gather up my courage and press that release button.
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen
Thigs or Thighs of Things? Is that an example of the typos he has been fixing for 3 years?

May 15, 2022
This: With that out of the way, my last hurdle with Offcuts 0.4 has been mostly proofreading and editing, basic tasks that I could keep doing forever.

Then: And sometimes, I feel the more I edit things, the worse the script becomes.

So. . . every single post for the last 40 months has been saying that he is editing and sometimes he feels like he makes it worse when he edits. . .?

So he has to edit it to make it better but when he edits it he makes it worse so he has to go back and edit it to make it better but ends up making it worse so he has to edit it again but. . .

circle-marriage.gif

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Why has Alice gone from looking cute to looking like one of those creepy ass dolls that granny's love to collect and seem like they will wake up and murder you while you sleep?
I think he changed the shape of her eyes, her jawline, her mouth, along with the skin textures. She looks pretty bad in a lot of the Patreon images.

Like these ones looks awful. Her face is completely different shape from her normal one. She normally has a thin long face, and now she has a weird overly big round head, chiseled chin with overly puffy cheeks.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018
Also wonder how his open source contributions are going, bet he's proofreading those branches and never actually making a pull request :ROFLMAO: he could look for typos and proofread forever or so I'm told...

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes