VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

fapioramos

Jun 27, 2022
Technically it should be 3585 by the ancient measure of time, but the universe is still mostly stuck in the stasis caused by the 2008 experiments at the Large Hadron Collider gone wrong.

What you "remember" from the last "decade" has been hallucination caused by your mind being unable to cope with suspension of the progress of time. We are still working on resumption of normal timeline services, please stand by.

Oh, and Stencilbits will release an update the next month, he's almost done testing.
oh lol thanks

Gustavous

May 12, 2020
I got a job at MSC, I was on board for months, when I left, the game was at version 3.1, and now that I'm back, the game is on the same version, it's like I never got on board

Aug 16, 2019
-Are you ready kids?
-I can't hear you?
-aye... aye... captain...
-OHHHHHHHH!
Who has an excuse to delay the release?
-Stencilbits hm?
- Bullshit and excuses for nearly four years...
-Stencilbits, yeah...
-He's using miss Alice as a big cock tease...
-Stencilbits damn...
-He'll cancel his Patreon until relase!!
-Stencilbits, huh?

Stencilbits, damn...
Hurry up and...
Release the game!!!!

Spongebob reference aside, I want to believe We'll see a release this year, but knowing Stencilbits, I'd better pray for a release sometime this century.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JosephGratz1122
Jul 31, 2018
-Are you ready kids?
-I can't hear you?
-OHHHHHHHH!
-Stencilbits hm?
-Stencilbits, yeah...
-Stencilbits damn...
-Stencilbits, huh?

Stencilbits, damn...
Hurry up and...
Release the game!!!!

Spongebob reference aside, I want to believe We'll see a release this year, but knowing Stencilbits, I'd better pray for a release sometime this century.
The optimist in me tells me it's coming out this year. The realist tells me delete my f95 account cuz it's never dropping... good thing I'm an optimist...

May 15, 2022
-Are you ready kids?
-I can't hear you?
-OHHHHHHHH!
-Stencilbits hm?
-Stencilbits, yeah...
-Stencilbits damn...
-Stencilbits, huh?

Stencilbits, damn...
Hurry up and...
Release the game!!!!

I sang that entire post and did the whistle at the end. . . . .Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go play with my bubble buddy.

Aug 16, 2019
Wait wait wait... Stencilbits is working on the Godot engine!? Godfuckingdammit! The joke writes itself now...
Saw the title of the newest Stencilbits update (blocked to the public at the moment) it's called: Waiting for Godot... I can predict this bullshit, but can't predict the Powerball numbers... Godfuckingdammit!!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JosephGratz1122

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Waiting for Godot
Another month passes by, which means it's time for the traditional monthly update! As mentioned in the previous post, I have been slightly sidetracked and some of my free time has been spent in contributing to the open-source Godot game engine as it approaches its 4.0 release. Fortunately, I managed to get most of my contributions in before the deadline and some of the leftovers will hopefully be in the next releases.
As Godot Engine will do its final 4.0 release very soon (maybe even this week), I can fully focus on other tasks again. And by other tasks, I naturally mean Offcuts release 0.4. The only remaining tasks are mostly some script checking and investigating a few minor issues with the latest Ren'Py version. After that, it's mostly just finding a good spot and some courage to push out that 0.4 release. It has been a while, so I need to double-check if my build and resource pipeline is still even working. At least the Android builds might need some extra work.
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
TL : DR Hes been cheating on us with the Godot engine, and now he wants to wait for the next version of Renpy while he checks if everything still works in the current version.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes