VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes
May 15, 2022
9 hours ago: it's mostly just finding a good spot and some courage to push out that 0.4 release.

November 29th 2022: Pushing out that elusive 0.4 will hopefully happen relatively soon

August 30th 2022: That was pretty much the last issue I had on my TODO list, nothing is really blocking the release anymore. I'll try to find some good time slot to push out a final test release at some point

July 30th 2022: The infamous Release Button has been pressed as as test and the raw build is almost a gigabyte in size.

May 30th 2022: So, good news! Things are mostly ready for release 0.4 again! I have learned not to make any promises, but I should be able to press that "Build Release" button soon.

November 29th 2021: After getting some inspiration and perspiration back, I managed to fight the 0.4 release to the finish line. There is nothing major left to do anymore, except going through the actual and always stressful release checklist.

I'm not going any further. This guy is Gumdrop without the milking.

Aug 16, 2019
TL : DR Hes been cheating on us with the Godot engine, and now he wants to wait for the next version of Renpy while he checks if everything still works in the current version.
If it's ready for the current version of Ren'Py, why not release it now?

Seriously, with all the wait surrounding the game, Stencilbits is setting us up for disappointment like Duke Nukem Forever or Shenmue 3.

iopq

Feb 16, 2018
TL : DR Hes been cheating on us with the Godot engine, and now he wants to wait for the next version of Renpy while he checks if everything still works in the current version.
Next 'major' update of renpy won't be out for quite awhile (ie. potentially years)
iirc 8.0 came out in November '22 and had the python integration, and 7.0 was 2018

It's his project and he can do whatever he wants with it but at this point the probability of this ever coming out is in the low single digits. I'm actually amazed he's still even doing updates.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Okay, we've about a week until the new update/excuse comes out. This time I'm going for he got a new puppy, but the puppy chewed the hard drive as he had taken it out to clean it. Once he digitized the puppy, he was able to recover the files but its going to be delayed another month.

The puppy is still digitized.

He just wants walkies.

May 15, 2022
My guess for the next excuse is that someone stepped on a butterfly which caused a nature lover to get mad and throw their lowfat almond milk latte with 2 pumps of cream at the person which missed hitting the windshield of a semi causing it to crash into a firework shop setting off the fireworks sending one sky high to 30K feet straight into the engine of a 747 sending it flying right above Stencils house causing his house to rattle which makes his low fat almond milk latte with 2 pumps of cream fall off his PC desk right onto his hard drive meanwhile a beautiful butterfly flies past his window.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JosephGratz1122
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes