VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes
May 15, 2022
Man. I've been looking for this game for like, half a year, and now that I find it, it's abandoned. :(
Don't worry mate. You won't have to wait much longer. 0.4 has been almost ready since November 2019 and the developer has been ready to push the release build button since July 2022. Any day now it'll be released. Just a little bit longer wait.

Aug 16, 2019
Funny thing Is that isnt abandoned
Nearly four years of "updates" that have said the exact same thing:
0.4 will have the complete Alice Route, almost done just waiting on pushing the button/proofreading, not sure if there will be a steam release due to their flip flopping stance on adult games, android version will show up a bit later due to technical issues with android, random excuse for why the game hasn't been released despite it being "ready".

That's all we have gotten EXCUSES. No real updates, just a copy paste laundry list of pure bullshit for almost 4 years. 4 years waiting and all we got is the same copy pasted bullshit. Nothing concrete since August 2019. For all intents and purposes the game has been abandoned.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
neverending update story! :rolleyes:

1683061365033.png
Another month passes, which means it is time for the good, old monthly update! As mentioned in the last update, there's pretty much nothing left to do until I push that 0.4 release button. After some tweaks and technical tests, things seem to work well enough on Windows and even on Macs. I'll have to update my old laptop's Ubuntu Linux installation to test the latest one and Android is always a guessing game and basically impossible to test with all the device combinations, but for the most part, things seem to work okay technically.

No other news left at this point, so let's see where things go from here. Expect another post in a few weeks, I should be able to give more details about the release date and start dumping my gigantic collection of accumulated renders to put some life into things again.

And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).

The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019

View attachment 2591063
Another month passes, which means it is time for the good, old monthly update! As mentioned in the last update, there's pretty much nothing left to do until I push that 0.4 release button. After some tweaks and technical tests, things seem to work well enough on Windows and even on Macs. I'll have to update my old laptop's Ubuntu Linux installation to test the latest one and Android is always a guessing game and basically impossible to test with all the device combinations, but for the most part, things seem to work okay technically.

No other news left at this point, so let's see where things go from here. Expect another post in a few weeks, I should be able to give more details about the release date and start dumping my gigantic collection of accumulated renders to put some life into things again.

And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).

The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
Appreciate the effort but you're a couple of days and a page late.

• Haha
Reactions: fortuna95

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020

View attachment 2591063

--
So, TL;DR:
Hes trolling no way lmao

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
there's pretty much nothing left to do until I push that 0.4 release button.
Expect another post in a few weeks, I should be able to give more details about the release date
2 of the most telling sentences i've seen from this dev.

Nothing left to do yet it's still going to be a few weeks before he makes another post saying it's going to be a few more weeks.

It's just that sad and pathetic i'm losing the will to crack jokes at his expense. At this point I have to ale it that he is trolling. He must know he's got zero chance of this ever taking off again and the chance of him making any money from Patreon or Steam.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018

Nothing left to do yet it's still going to be a few weeks before he makes another post saying it's going to be a few more weeks.

It's just that sad and pathetic i'm losing the will to crack jokes at his expense. At this point I have to ale it that he is trolling. He must know he's got zero chance of this ever taking off again and the chance of him making any money from Patreon or Steam.
Yeah I'm all out of jokes with this one, it's not funny anymore. Telling people for over 4 years now that there is "nothing left to do" has worn out it's welcome. It's been 40 something months and we get the same speech each time. All they have done is widdled down their reputation into untrustworthy terrritory. Disrespecting your fanbase by treating them like children, is one of the worst things you can do.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019

Yeah, I'm getting to that point myself. It's just getting to the point where he's now beyond pathetic. You know, I was half tempted to donate onto Patreon just to call him out on it. But then I realised that:
1 - It would be pointless, he'd just come up with some excuse and just ban him from his patreon.
2 - It would mean giving him money.
3 - Like I said, its beyond pathetic and I'm not going to engage in that guy's delusions.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes