VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes
Aug 16, 2019
I just found this thread and read a few pages
And i have to ask is this dev the biggest troll ever
How long has he been waition to push a button?
Roughly about 4 years of monthly patreon updates that it's almost ready but isn't and then some random bs excuse. The format of his monthly posts has been so repetitive that some of us post some bizarre "fake updates" mocking the repetitive nature of the actual patreon updates where the only thing that changes is the "excuse on why the game isn't released" that scares me since I'm running out of JoJo references.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Those are not actually his dev logs, his last log was like 2 years ago who he lost his data due to hard drive data failure(who does not have backup)(That's totally different fiasco lets not dive into that again)
Most of the dev logs are fan made irony, this is what this thread for.
Pure Satire Dev logs and i love it.

Also we don't know if dev is troll.. wait we don't know what he is tbh or why he does this.
He has no incentive to lie cause he does not take any payment from his pateeon(only on release). Still he went on to make this elaborate reasons to make people think he is/was working. It's difficult to tell
View attachment 2711071
WTF are you talking about. All the dev updates I have posted are the actual official ones from his patreon that he posts at the end of each month. You can literally become his patreon for essentially for free and see them since he doesn't collect any of the monthly subscription money.

You can also view basically most adult game developer's patreon posts on which is a site that is dedicated to archiving / leaking patreon posts.

Stencilbit's page on kemono is here.

Last edited:

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
WTF are you talking about. All the dev updates I have posted are the actual official ones from his patreon that he posts at the end of each month. You can literally become his patreon for essentially for free and see them since he doesn't collect any of the monthly subscription money.

You can also view basically most adult game developer's patreon posts on which is a site that is dedicated to archiving / leaking patreon posts.

Stencilbit's page on kemono is here.

raw.gif
All those dev log with Stardust, treasure chest, mothers sisters daughters dog being died, earthquake, tsunami and solar flare frying his computer real?

p.s: i may have taken artistic liberty to describe the different reasons but you get the jist

Aug 16, 2019
View attachment 2712638
All those dev log with Stardust, treasure chest, mothers sisters daughters dog being died, earthquake, tsunami and solar flare frying his computer real?

p.s: i may have taken artistic liberty to describe the different reasons but you get the jist
Some are real, mainly the ones that come with a picture of usually Alice, that are straight up from Patreon. Others are pure satire. Problem is that Stencilbits actual posts sound almost like satire, so the parody posts sound almost real. That's the beauty of Stencilbits. He mo longer needs to work on the game, our anger/disappointment makes everything more entertaining.

Aug 16, 2019
While I'm here it's almost time for Stencilbits Excuse of the month.
June Update: FUBAR Edition
-0.4 is ready or isn't kinda like Schrödinger's update. It is and isn't ready at the same time.
-Stencilbits spent far too much time working on Godot and by working on Godot I mean jerking of to hand models.
-Android will come last because reasons.
-Not sure if Steam gets a version due to their wibbly wobbly timey wimey stance on adult games and let's face it, Stencilbits is waay too responsible for Steam.

That's the usual part, now the reason why the update isn't here? "Because Fuck You! That's why!" He was working on it, but then a bright light shone into his room and when Stencilbits woke up he was lying naked with a bleeding anus in the middle of a crop circle west of Omaha, Nebraska.
"The aliens stole my hard drive" he kept repeating after local cops found him wearing a Peppa Pig floatation device covering his unmentionables.

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
While I'm here it's almost time for Stencilbits Excuse of the month.
June Update: FUBAR Edition
-0.4 is ready or isn't kinda like Schrödinger's update. It is and isn't ready at the same time.
-Stencilbits spent far too much time working on Godot and by working on Godot I mean jerking of to hand models.
-Android will come last because reasons.
-Not sure if Steam gets a version due to their wibbly wobbly timey wimey stance on adult games and let's face it, Stencilbits is waay too responsible for Steam.

That's the usual part, now the reason why the update isn't here? "Because Fuck You! That's why!" He was working on it, but then a bright light shone into his room and when Stencilbits woke up he was lying naked with a bleeding anus in the middle of a crop circle west of Omaha, Nebraska.
"The aliens stole my hard drive" he kept repeating after local cops found him wearing a Peppa Pig floatation device covering his unmentionables.
oh no, not the bleeding anus

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
He was working on it, but then a bright light shone into his room and when Stencilbits woke up he was lying naked with a bleeding anus in the middle of a crop circle west of Omaha, Nebraska.
In all fainess, establishing first contact in a mutually enjoyable way would be a solid justification for another delay. Especially in light of how inane the, more mundane, excuses have been so far.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
In all fainess, establishing first contact in a mutually enjoyable way would be a solid justification for another delay. Especially in light of how inane the, more mundane, excuses have been so far.
I think you missed the bit about the bleeding ass...

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017

You said none of the dev logs posted on the last couple pages were real and the last one was from 2 years ago. Which is just flat out wrong cause I have consistently posted real dev logs every month since then. Heck I have been posting everyone of Stencilbit's monthly updates since August of 2021 every month. So to say that there hasn't been any real dev logs posted since March of 2022 when his hard drive died is just false. Mentioning the parody ones is just a red herring.

Those are not actually his dev logs, his last log was like 2 years ago who he lost his data due to hard drive data failure(who does not have backup)(That's totally different fiasco lets not dive into that again)

Last edited:

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Sizzling Summer Edition
Time flies, so it's time for another hot monthly update! As I mentioned in the last update, Offcuts 0.4 is pretty much ready and has been for a while, now I'm just trying to find a good opening to get things moving again. It would be embarrassing to release it and immediately fall back into a months-long limbo. I have been cutting my other commitments so I can hopefully start fully focusing on Offcuts and my next planned project, of which I'll share some more details once that becomes more relevant. After such a long pause, I'm becoming more and more excited to fully return to this little project.
Other that that, this is a pretty short update as everything has been pretty much said and done in the previous updates. Now, I'm just angling for that good opening to get back in action. Hopefully, it should be soon, no later than August, when I'll have my summer vacation.
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Aug 16, 2019
S-bits: "It would be embarrassing to fall into a months-long limbo"

Try years, you donut!

S-bits: "start focusing on offcuts and a new project"...

Dude, if you have been dicking around with the almost done, just needs some final proofreading v. 0.4 of Offcuts for almost 4 years WITHOUT RELEASING A DAMNED THING, No one will be invested in the new project, since it'll probably be done in 2099!

S-bits: "Angling for that opening not later than August"

Dude we've heard the vacation excuse already, the moving excuse too, also the one woth the fried hard drive... we just want the fucking game released already.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes