VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

p22

Jun 21, 2017

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Beach Vacation Edition
Another month, another monthly update! The summer is slowly passing us by, but my summer vacation is just about to begin. I often try to keep my vacation at least partly after or before most other people. This way, you can usually take it easy at work because most clients are on vacation too. Of course, how it actually works depends on your country, work and social life, so it's not for everyone. Free life pro-tip right there.
Now, back to the topic. Pretty much everything has been said in previous updates, Offcuts 0.4 is basically done, now I'm just waiting for a good opportunity to jump back in action. Like in previous years, using my summer vacation has always been a good chance to speed things up and hopefully, it will help things this year too. I expect to share some good news after I return back to work. Some good news are already guaranteed because they already happened, but let's see if I can add some more positive stuff for our next update!
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
You know what? At least he does one render per month. Or maybe he did them many years ago and just posting them monthly?

Can anyone make a compilation of all renderers from the "monthly update" posts?

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Beach Vacation Edition
Another month, another monthly update! The summer is slowly passing us by, but my summer vacation is just about to begin. I often try to keep my vacation at least partly after or before most other people. This way, you can usually take it easy at work because most clients are on vacation too. Of course, how it actually works depends on your country, work and social life, so it's not for everyone. Free life pro-tip right there.
Now, back to the topic. Pretty much everything has been said in previous updates, Offcuts 0.4 is basically done, now I'm just waiting for a good opportunity to jump back in action. Like in previous years, using my summer vacation has always been a good chance to speed things up and hopefully, it will help things this year too. I expect to share some good news after I return back to work. Some good news are already guaranteed because they already happened, but let's see if I can add some more positive stuff for our next update!
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
I am so happy he can take a break after all the hard work he's done <3. Keep it up Stencil-kun! You work so hard for this update and I can't wait to see it come out nwn

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019
3.1 was released in August 18, 2019... (according to his patreon) 13 days for the 4th anniversary of the last released version... My, how time flies when Stencilbits is not releasing anything...

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Does he have an E-Mail address somewhere? Because I'd really like to send him a compilation of his update posts since the last actual game update.
You can become his Patreon for basically for free since he doesn't charge for it. As you can see from my post from back in August of 2021. Boy oh boy it has been almost 2 years lol.

Edit: Never mind I just became their patreon because I am pretty sure they won't ever be taking my money anytime soon.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017

Unlocked

Another month and another summer is soon past us, which means it's time for the tried and true monthly update! Refreshed from my summer vacation, I finished some lingering issues, both at work and home. More importantly to you, I also drafted some plans for the future. As mentioned in previous updates, Offucts 0.4 has been pretty much ready for a while now, and currently I'm just angling for a good opportunity to get back in the saddle and start producing more content. Hopefully, with a more consistent release speed. Starting and immediately stopping again would be pretty disappointing at this point.
As for the final destination, expect a new Patreon update and more news around September 17th, so a few weeks from now. New and old plans revealed, planning my future timetable, and maybe even the final release date for 0.4. Plus, whatever else will be relevant, including perhaps some art dumping from the dark corners of my hard drive. So, until then!
As always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
--
So, TL;DR:

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Stencilbits said:
As for the final destination, expect a new Patreon update and more news around September 17th, so a few weeks from now. New and old plans revealed, planning my future timetable, and maybe even the final release date for 0.4. Plus, whatever else will be relevant, including perhaps some art dumping from the dark corners of my hard drive.
He said the same exact thing back in April.

Stencilbits said:
No other news left at this point, so let's see where things go from here. Expect another post in a few weeks, I should be able to give more details about the release date and start dumping my gigantic collection of accumulated renders to put some life into things again.
And I am sure he said the same thing a few months prior to that. I think his AI generated posts ran out of templates.

Last edited:

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Alright, who had "Work issues" as this month's excuse?
Come on now, who picked "Work issues" from the excuse pool?
Come collect your No-Prize!

May 15, 2022
January 2022: Things look good enough to give a next post date

19 February

Mark it on your calendar if you use one! What you can expect? The 0.4 release date.

August 2023: As for the final destination, expect a new Patreon update and more news around September 17th, so a few weeks from now. New and old plans revealed, planning my future timetable, and maybe even the final release date for 0.4.

hilarious-colin-jost.gif

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes