VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

TGafy

May 14, 2020
I could be wrong, but he's posted that exact image in a prior monthly 'update', right? If so, there was something new this time. It's the first time he reused an image. :lepew:

• Haha
Reactions: 6rMrL9vDzH
Aug 16, 2019
Why not release 0.4 and THEN get in the saddle for more content for 0.5 (tentative release date in 2036)!?
Now we have to wait until September 17 for another bullshit excuse on why the game isn't released...

Hell, I didn't even get to do my JoJo reference faux update post...

May 15, 2022
I could be wrong, but he's posted that exact image in a prior monthly 'update', right? If so, there was something new this time. It's the first time he reused an image. :lepew:
I had the same feeling when I saw that image but all I could find was these. Same bikinis, missing one girl, and looks like the exact same background. It looks like he does enough pictures to cover his posts until a new season starts so he'll have to change their clothes.

View attachment tb18.webp
View attachment tb7.webp
View attachment tb1.webp

I did find this image being used for June 2020 and also for February 2022.
View attachment tb.webp

If you don't believe me that he reused that picture here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/offcuts-v0-3-1-stencilbits.12879/post-7585973
https://f95zone.to/threads/offcuts-v0-3-1-stencilbits.12879/post-3740456

TGafy

May 14, 2020
I had the same feeling when I saw that image but all I could find was these. Same bikinis, missing one girl, and looks like the exact same background. It looks like he does enough pictures to cover his posts until a new season starts so he'll have to change their clothes.

View attachment 2892805
View attachment 2892806
View attachment 2892807

I did find this image being used for June 2020 and also for February 2022.
View attachment 2892802

If you don't believe me that he reused that picture here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/offcuts-v0-3-1-stencilbits.12879/post-7585973
https://f95zone.to/threads/offcuts-v0-3-1-stencilbits.12879/post-3740456
Damn you granny gumjobs. Just when I thought stencilbits finally started to do something new, you shot my hopes down :cry:

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Been shooting down hopes of all the people around me since '92.
So... around the time Stencil first mentioned being almost done with 0.4?

I'm beginning to suspect he's part of a secret government plot to establish a kill switch for vast numbers of retirees leeching tax money that could be funneled into private pockets instead. You know... actually do release 0.4 sometime in the near future, watch the heart attacks following the announcements empty eldery care houses around the country.

Profit.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Westinaction
Aug 16, 2019
Tomorrow is Excuse day for the next delay for the release of the already done 0.4 with Alice route... IF stencilbits REMEMBERS he was updating us Tomorrow.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017

Newsflash - Release Date Edition

As mentioned in the previous Monthly Update, it's time for an early update about the 0.4 release! And there is both good news and bad news. Fortunately, the good news is pretty good. I expect the release date for Offcuts 0.4 to be around November 26th, roughly two months from now. It's not as early as many would like, but it's more to make sure I get my other things in order before that so I can fully start focusing on content production again. As always, give or take a day or two, as my estimates may be affected by other things, but that weekend is the target.
Then, to bad news. I have hinted previously about shifting to a full 3D engine as it has many advantages over 2D. I have been doing some experiments and already prepared some groundwork, mostly experimenting with Unity Engine and Godot. I'm also familiar with Unreal Engine as I work in a related industry, but I dropped it as a candidate because its system requirement tends to be a bit too heavy for my audience even with very stripped-down visuals. It also doesn't support Web directly, which is an option I would like to keep open.
Unfortunately, Unity changed their engine licensing and payment terms last week (September 12th) and caused huge drama in the indie game dev industry. While not the end of the world for many developers, it was a very bad signal when the company had already been making some questionable decisions in the past. To guard against any further licensing changes in the future, I decided to drop my Unity prototype and focus fully on Godot, as its open-source license allows much more freedom. This is especially important for adult games, as many companies are not big fans of them and often try to ban them directly or indirectly.
Fortunately, the loss of work is not too big and I had already been leaning towards Godot as I'm already a contributor and familiar with its codebase. This decision just forced my hand, but it's possible to turn this into a positive result. I need some time to sort things out and port any useful parts to Godot, but fortunately this should not affect Offcuts 0.4 release date much.
More about my next steps in later updates when it becomes more relevant. I'll also try posting more content as the release date approaches. Until next time, and thank you for your support and patience

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Nothing we haven't heard before guys. Pointless mid month nothing burger update simply promising another release date that we know he won't keep. Since this is like the third or fourth time he has done this.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
My real question what is the point of a random special mid month update, just to tell us that he isn't going to release the game for another 2 months? Why didn't he just wait for the typical end of the month update to tell that? Cause it is not like any of value was announced in these news update.

Which highly suggest that in his mind he probably thought that he was going to release the game at the end of the month, but realized 2 weeks went by without doing anything, so he then pushed the release 2 months down the road. Which he will inevitably just push down the road again.

I swear he has the same level of procrastination / mindset that I do. I keep telling myself I am just going mod this one file in Going Medieval / Total War / Crusader Kings 2 / Cities Skylines / Skyrim / Fallout 4 / Sims 4, etc... then I'll finally get to play it... then 3 months later I still haven't finished getting my mod setup finished for any of them.

Last edited:

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Is this the first time we've actually gotten a firm release date? Not that I'm holding my breath or anything.

May 15, 2022
" I expect the release date for Offcuts 0.4 to be around November 26th, roughly two months from now."

If anyone believes this I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

" It's not as early as many would like, but it's more to make sure I get my other things in order before that so I can fully start focusing on content production again. "

So he wants to make sure he gets other things in order so he can start focusing on content? He has been saying for years at this point that he is finishing other shit so he can start focusing on content.

" As always, give or take a day or two, as my estimates may be affected by other things, but that weekend is the target. "

Give or take a day or two? So the estimate for December 2019 has been missed by only a day or two.

pmatte-bullshit.gif

Aug 16, 2019
If the 0.4 version "was done" for over 4 years, why do we have to wait after Thanksgiving? I know I want MC to stuff Alice like a Thanksgiving Turkey, but this is ridiculous!

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020

Newsflash - Release Date Edition

As mentioned in the previous Monthly Update, it's time for an early update about the 0.4 release! And there is both good news and bad news. Fortunately, the good news is pretty good. I expect the release date for Offcuts 0.4 to be around November 26th, roughly two months from now. It's not as early as many would like, but it's more to make sure I get my other things in order before that so I can fully start focusing on content production again. As always, give or take a day or two, as my estimates may be affected by other things, but that weekend is the target.
Then, to bad news. I have hinted previously about shifting to a full 3D engine as it has many advantages over 2D. I have been doing some experiments and already prepared some groundwork, mostly experimenting with Unity Engine and Godot. I'm also familiar with Unreal Engine as I work in a related industry, but I dropped it as a candidate because its system requirement tends to be a bit too heavy for my audience even with very stripped-down visuals. It also doesn't support Web directly, which is an option I would like to keep open.
Unfortunately, Unity changed their engine licensing and payment terms last week (September 12th) and caused huge drama in the indie game dev industry. While not the end of the world for many developers, it was a very bad signal when the company had already been making some questionable decisions in the past. To guard against any further licensing changes in the future, I decided to drop my Unity prototype and focus fully on Godot, as its open-source license allows much more freedom. This is especially important for adult games, as many companies are not big fans of them and often try to ban them directly or indirectly.
Fortunately, the loss of work is not too big and I had already been leaning towards Godot as I'm already a contributor and familiar with its codebase. This decision just forced my hand, but it's possible to turn this into a positive result. I need some time to sort things out and port any useful parts to Godot, but fortunately this should not affect Offcuts 0.4 release date much.
More about my next steps in later updates when it becomes more relevant. I'll also try posting more content as the release date approaches. Until next time, and thank you for your support and patience
November 26th lmao just release it now

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes