VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023
We all know it's competed in its current state, most of the trolling is done in tongue and cheek tbh. I don't think anyone here has any malice toward stencils bit. It's just too funny to see a man lie about something he absolutely fucking has no need no lie about. He takes no money from his supporters so i dont know why he just not tell the truth(more about it later). The reasons he cooks up just keep getting more and more ridiculous and more and more funny now.
Honesty i(or most of us here)don't even care about the update anymore(The truth is it will happen only after HL3 release cause stencil bit is also lead dev on that and can complete this update when that is done).
To add to this. I had been watching this thread for months now, and I still haven't played the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
Isominiac made 4 games in 5 years SM1, SMMM, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, and SM2 in that same time frame alice update has been on the shelf. Hell we might get their wolverine game before we get alice update thats set to realese in 2025

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Stopped by to shitpost but remembered they gave another excuse themself the entire month of October off, but not only that the entire month of November too if they plan on releasing it 4 days before the end. The shitpost writes itself.

Aug 16, 2019
Fake update: Herpa derp edition
(insert bad render of a stick figure with an Alice wig)

Well, shit! I fractured my fingers while twiddling them to figure out an excuse for this month. I know I said v.0.4 with Alice route would be coming adter Thanksgiving... About that. My cat ate the hard drive where I had most of the renders and they have been render useless. I'm now starting from scratch on Godot snd this may cause a little delay. I'm guesstimating sometime around President's Day or Columbus Day 2045... But it will have all routes and new ones with new characters as well.

I'm too tired to copy paste but I won't bill anyone until then and soon I will be accepting payments via X.

Reactions: markel1000

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Released 3 days early for members.
1698705174447.png
Monthly Update: Trick or Treat Edition

Spooky October is almost over, so it's time for another monthly update! As mentioned in previous updates, Offcuts 0.4 is pretty much ready. The release date is planned for the week starting on November 27th and ending on December 3rd, so roughly a month from now. I originally planned the release to be around the 26th and during the weekend, but it looks like I'll be traveling during those days, so the release should be a few days later once I'm back.
That's about it for now. Everything else has been pretty much said in the previous updates. Once 0.4 is finally out, there is more room for planning the next step and discussing everything else I have been working on during this long cycle.
As always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Possible Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Reactions: Ghostly

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
And lol the game has already been delayed!

Bet you on New Years eve, he going to come out with another excuse like someone launched fireworks at his home during New Year's celebration and his house burned down. But good thing is that he had a data backup from Backblaze, but found it opened an interdimensional time traveling portal where he had to fight off succubus dragon demon things in a quest to return home to our dimension, but good thing is that he managed to get that dimension's version of his hard drive, but he now just needs to go on a 4 year quest to decipher the magical encryption the flying spaghetti monster put on it.

May 15, 2022
The month for Thanksgiving is almost over and its time for the monthly update.

Sorry to tell you everyone but the update will be delayed. I know I promised to release it this month or early December but I can't and that makes me sad.

I was on my way to upload the new content but as I was about to click I heard a faint meow. Not one to ignore a noise I investigated. My neighbors cat was stuck in a tree. I managed to climb the tree and rescue the cat but on my way back to my PC a bus full of people crashed into an orphanage, exploding into a ball of flames. Not one to ignore people in need I rushed into the burning building. I pulled every single person out of there including their puppy. After all it was an orphan too.

Now I was bound and determined to click that upload button but lo and behold I got hit by a car. I now have 65 broken bones, 14 ruptured organs, severe concussion, flat tire, low mortgage rates, septic tank explosion, termites in the house, dog had kittens, and i am in a coma. My nurse, her name is Alice, is currently writing this as I tell her.

But yeah, thank you for staying subbed to me. I know its not what you want to hear but I'll try to get the update out by the end of 2024.

Last edited:

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
" I originally planned the release to be around the 26th and during the weekend, but it looks like I'll be traveling during those days, so the release should be a few days later once I'm back. "

The excuses for the excuses have their own excuses now, impressive.

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
Before he can do that, he's got to finish ghostwriting the Winds of Winter and the Door of Stone
hold up!!! (or should i say) hodor
He is also writing GOT no wonder it's taking forever, for the perfectionist that he is it may take long time. Maybe be we need to tell him to hurry up, because Winter is coming.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes