Monthly update: Stardust Edition
Y'all aleardy know about:
-Alice Route
-Almost done and ready to push the button
-Android might come late
-Steam is a flip flopping bitch.
-considering shorter updates and not complete routes

But What you don't know is:
My grandpa broke me out of prison with his Muslim Man-Servant because my Mom got sick due to my Bisexual vampiric step-great great grandfather.

Point is that a classmate obsessed with my mom to the point he thinks she'sa milf, me, grandpa, his man servant, some french dude, and a dog traveled all the way to Egypt to stop my bisexual vampiric step-great great grandfather and we saw some serious shit! Like some weird ass brothers with a book, a little girl who was about to be fucked by an ape, playing cards and a videogame with some freaky dude, there was a cowboy at a time who ended up hanging with a little kid, that was creepy. Grandpa and his man-servant were being accidentally gay for a bit. My great great step-grandpa sucked some people including grandpa. Don't get me started about great great step gramps coming in to me. Also the dog died... probably the amounts of coffee flavored bubblegum it ate... and getting beat up by a freaky manservant of my bisexual vampiric geat great grandfather.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017

Unlocked
Monthly Update: Treasure Chest Edition
May is almost ending, which means it's time for the tried and true monthly update! This one is a short one, but full of youthful hope and dreams with some moderate dread. Offcuts 0.4 is pretty much done and has been for a while, now I'm just trying to clean up my calendar a bit so I can immediately get back to writing and art production once I hit that release button. Programming and open-source related side projects tend to expand to fill all your free time if you are not careful, and I'll have to disengage myself from some to get enough free time again to work on Offcuts. Although almost everyone is a volunteer in many open-source projects, it's always a bit shame when people leave and move on. I never liked doing that either, but sometimes you must redo your priorities.
But enough of that. Once I figure out how to re-organize my not-so-free time, it's time for Offcuts 0.4. There's plenty of accumulated art and news after that, including cool new tech stuff I have occasionally been hinting at.
And as always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then).
The rest of the post is mostly copied from my previous updates for those who are new or want to be reminded of what will be coming next. See you in the next post, thanks for your support and patience!
--
So, TL;DR:
* Next release 0.4 will have Alice's full storyline.
* Some new tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023
"Offcuts 0.4 is pretty much done and has been for a while,"

"get back to writing and art production once I hit that release button."

Then it's not done. Besides, one month is more than enough time and if it isn't, your time management is probably concerning and unhealthy. The worst case scenario that writing could mean more polishing is terrible, since that part is supposed to already be done.

At this point, if he's as far as he claims to be and needs to do more polishing or if he forgot to do something. I think it's better to release the game as it is, and then release 4.1 that addresses what he forgot to work on. It would at least give people an idea of what's been missing.

Last edited:

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023
This game's development might trascend his death. After he passes, his wife or child will make an announcement like this "It is unfortunate that I have to bring the sad news that StencilBits has passed. He was always working hard on this game and has always wanted to fulfill the promise to release the next version of the game. Moving on I will make sure that this game will be released to honor his memory, and I will make sure you guys don't have to wait any longer. Before starting work on the game I should go to college to graduate with a language major, and finish my contributions to open source projects until they reach their final versions just so I can put my full focus and effort on this game. In the meantime, here's my first attempt at creating a cover image of two sexy ladies on this post of his passing. R.I.P StencilBits"

TGafy

May 14, 2020
This game's development might trascend his death. After he passes, his wife or child will make an announcement like this "It is unfortunate that I have to bring the sad news that StencilBits has passed. He was always working hard on this game and has always wanted to fulfill the promise to release the next version of the game. Moving on I will make sure that this game will be released to honor his memory, and I will make sure you guys don't have to wait any longer. Before starting work on the game I should go to college to graduate with a language major, and finish my contributions to open source projects until they reach their final versions just so I can put my full focus and effort on this game. In the meantime, here's my first attempt at creating a cover image of two sexy ladies on this post of his passing. R.I.P StencilBits"
Ah, that's nice. The family tradition continues.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Techno11244
Aug 16, 2019
Atleast i got to see my man peter rocking the blacksuit in a triple A game before stencil hits the release button
I got 2 Resident Evil Remakes and a new Street Fighter while waiting for the Alice Route.

But I have hope that Stencilbits will at least beat George RR Martin by releasing the Alice route before The wonds of Winter.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I just found this thread and read a few pages
And i have to ask is this dev the biggest troll ever
How long has he been waition to push a button?

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
I just found this thread and read a few pages
And i have to ask is this dev the biggest troll ever
How long has he been waition to push a button?
Those are not actually his dev logs, his last log was like 2 years ago who he lost his data due to hard drive data failure(who does not have backup)(That's totally different fiasco lets not dive into that again)
Most of the dev logs are fan made irony, this is what this thread for.
Pure Satire Dev logs and i love it.

Also we don't know if dev is troll.. wait we don't know what he is tbh or why he does this.
He has no incentive to lie cause he does not take any payment from his pateeon(only on release). Still he went on to make this elaborate reasons to make people think he is/was working. It's difficult to tell
tenor-1.gif

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Those are not actually his dev logs, his last log was like 2 years ago who he lost his data due to hard drive data failure(who does not have backup)(That's totally different fiasco lets not dive into that again)
Most of the dev logs are fan made irony, this is what this thread for.
Pure Satire Dev logs and i love it.

Also we don't know if dev is troll.. wait we don't know what he is tbh or why he does this.
He has no incentive to lie cause he does not take any payment from his pateeon(only on release). Still he went on to make this elaborate reasons to make people think he is/was working. It's difficult to tell
View attachment 2711071
Oh jeez now I feel like an idiot lol
Thanks for letting me know buddy

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes