VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I just really want to know if he thinks anyone still believes his bullshit after all these years?

He's come out with so many shitty excuses and lies that if he walked up to and said the sky is blue i'd have to go out and check myself while phoning a friend for their opinion too.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017

Time flies and another month passes by, which means it's time for another monthly update! The ongoing health saga about my eyesight continues, but this time with some more progress. As I mentioned in the previous update post, my left eye still had some issues and it already received a few non-intrusive treatments this month which have helped a bit. Unfortunately, it looks like it needs a more intensive operation to truly fix the issue and prevent any permanent damage. I already received a date for the operation some time ago, and it should be next Wednesday if nothing major happens, so with any luck, it will resolve the issue one way or the other. This pirate life eye-patch LARP has grown pretty old by now.
That's pretty much everything for now. Hopefully, before the next update, I should have a clearer vision (both physically and mentally) about what's going to happen in the future. As I pondered previously, releasing Offcuts 0.4 should still be possible even in the worst case as it is basically ready, although continuing this hobby after that might prove more difficult. But let's hope for the best for now.
As always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until Offcuts 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then). Thanks for your endless patience!

Aug 16, 2019
As I pondered previously, releasing Offcuts 0.4 should still be possible even in the worst case as it is basically ready

For fuck's sake, man! Just release the damn thing already and quit cockteasing everyone. Afterwards if you don't want to work anymore, so be it, but I'd like to give Alice a sausage sandwich with extra mayo already!

although continuing this hobby after that might prove more difficult.

ot was difficult already before the whole "I'm going blind" thing that 0.4 was basically ready for almost 5 years and to this day has remained unreleased... I can't wait for the excuses for 0.5...

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023
He started having the eye problems coincidentally after he stopped focusing so much in his other job (or whatever his earlier excuse was)

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023
Assuming everything about this is real and true. bear with me, I just woke up from a heat wave furnace torture chamber. Someone told me the temperature today was great, haha kill me. I think. I believe that it's impossible for people to lie on the internet, because I believe in an online god and he would not create liars.

I feel like "fate" is playing a pretty bad, terrible, prank on us by giving him the eye problems only after he was done with the tasks in his job or godot or whatever and not before. Only after he free up that schedule. Why not before? There is no reason, 0 reason why it would be impossible for that to not happen before. Besides, getting those days where he is even more available to work on the game probably required a lot of planning due to how much he was teasing it, I think some of it was a vacation at least? It's a lot of time. That doesn't make sense.

But personally, I don't see it as a prank. I think I see this as a cheap attempt at writing a poor story which is why I'll rate it one star. It's illogical, too convenient, like every scripted minecraft smp, it's stupid. One star, learn realism, or at least break it if it makes the story any better. Worst sin is that "fate" forgot accountability, they completely forgot the plot point where he created all of this available time that has not run out yet after so many months. "fate" sucks at this. I already know the end of the story too, psychological horror, "it's all in the head"- wait no, I am getting too pessimistic, I am sorry. I don't know what to expect at the end, but I don't like how it's turning out. I think the story was great until he started this "eyepatch" saga, it just stopped making sense there and some sins were commited. I hope the writers can somehow fix this in the future

• Red Heart
Reactions: Macgrig

Techno11244

Mar 27, 2023
If you want to get into conspiracy theories, the theory that the stories are all fictional and written by himself but still represent reality is contributed by the eyepatch saga, since this is the only time where the writing just doesn't make sense.

It's almost as if.... there is something interfering with his thought process, and the cracks are starting to reveal o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O he is truly wearing an eyepatch! but it's not all as it seems

Reactions: Macgrig
Aug 16, 2019
Wondering what will be this month's excuse...
  • Kidnapped by bonobos.
  • Was too busy hiring Mercenary emus to help Westy escape prison.
  • Accidentally used Superglue on himself while jerking off to Alice.
  • He put the eyepatch on the wrong Eye and fell down the stairs.
  • Got lost in the Bermuda Triangle.
  • Was coding for OceanGate's newest Submersible, this time it's piloted by joycons.
  • Is helping Zack Snyder write Rebel Moon 3.
  • Got locked out of his computer and has been working with "Microsoft support" to get his computer back and paying by iTunes cards is a pain.
It would be hilarious if he just released the game.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Released 3 days early for members.
Monthly Update: Sightseeing Edition

Another month, another update! The health saga with my eyesight has been the main topic for a while, and there's finally some good news! As I mentioned in the previous update post, I finally had a minor medical operation to fix the issues in my left eye. The operation went well, and after a few weeks, it's now pretty safe to say that the most dangerous eye-pressure issue is now healing. I still need plenty of eye-drops and pauses when reading or writing, but if things improve at this rate, I'm probably going to be back in action sooner rather than later. After the operation, I was on sick leave from work for a week to give both eyes some rest and healing, and now I can use both eyes again without the eye patch. There's still some wobbliness, focusing issues and tiredness but the treatment has been working great after a slow start. I can again read and write using both eyes, previously it was nearly impossible. There might be some minor permanent damage in my left eye, but hopefully it should not be anything too serious.

Other than that, there's not much new. Still, I'm pretty excited as I can again do simple things like reading without struggling. I pretty much had to drop most of my hobbies and activities just so I could barely manage things at work, as focusing my eyesight became increasingly hard. Really made me appreciate things more that I previously took for granted. If things go well, expect more good news in the next update, or even before it. Releasing Offcuts 0.4 is on top of my priority list once my eyes are in good enough shape again, which is hopefully soon. What comes after that is still open, but hopefully Offcuts 0.5 (or a new project I have been thinking about) instead of my retirement.

As always, I'm not going to take any Patreon payments until Offcuts 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then). Thanks for your endless patience!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: drpavelcia

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
"Releasing Offcuts 0.4 is on top of my priority list once my eyes are in good enough shape again, which is hopefully soon."

July Patreon Post

-My eye still icky boo boo, 4.0 soon pinky swears.

On a serious note, the audacity to mention not only 5.0 and a new project is truly hilarious. The ultimate troll strikes once again. What year are we going on now 4th, no 5th year? I don't even remember anymore.

Aug 16, 2019
"Releasing Offcuts 0.4 is on top of my priority list once my eyes are in good enough shape again, which is hopefully soon."

July Patreon Post

-My eye still icky boo boo, 4.0 soon pinky swears.

On a serious note, the audacity to mention not only 5.0 and a new project is truly hilarious. The ultimate troll strikes once again. What year are we going on now 4th, no 5th year? I don't even remember anymore.
I think we'll hit year 5 soon. But who knows maybe tha Alice route will happen once the game gets to celebrate its quinceañera.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes