VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Doggy666

Aug 28, 2017
Well, I must say that the lack of communication is the worst part. I don't care if deadlines are not respected. Skipping Patreon payments makes even the whole thing fair. But I need info. I need to know. "Bad" news are better than not information at all.

His work is excellent, one of the few I keep a close eye on. But le lack of communication is why I'm no patreon, and I guess, the origin of le lack of faith in the dev' coming from plenty of F95 users here, on this thread.

D

Deleted member 59977

So far the dev has missed every time line set, is it a shock any more?

Before someone attempts to make me shake my head in pity and label me a "hater" (whoever thought that up as a way to shame someone needs to seriously reflect on their life, it's a pathetic playground insult i'd expect to hear from one of my friends kids. I can't say what I think about the people that use it because i've had enough warnings lets just say it's less than favourable)..... I love the game and I enjoy what the dev can do but I don't think much about them personally.

At this point the people defending it care more than the games own developer, it's sad.
Thats probably because he does not take any payment for the months he does not work. Lots of developers do the opposite where they do nothing and take money but if he does nothing in the month he immediately cancels payment for the next month.

I am a patreon and I think the whole time I have just been charged twice or thrice and I am okay with that. I would have abandoned him long ago if he did nothing and still took my money. Milking patreons is the same as robbing them and that is something that should be criticized but this guy has some sense of integrity and that alone makes him much better than a lot of other developers I have seen.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Has this been abandoned?
Look, nobody knows.

Dev posts once a month and has said several times that 0.3 is coming yet they missed every deadline set.

I don't care what anyone else says we don't know if 0.3 is coming or not. The dev isn't reliable and has no track record of regular updates. Because he posts once a month this never got marked as abandoned but until he actually posts the update he said would be here months ago i'd keep expectations to a minimum.

The last update from the dev said it would take about a week and that was nearly a month ago, nothing the dev says can be trusted.

As it stands not a single person knows if it is still being worked on or not all we have is the devs word which means less than nothing at this point. Until the update actually comes i'd think of it as on hold.

Mar 31, 2018
Look, nobody knows.

Dev posts once a month and has said several times that 0.3 is coming yet they missed every deadline set.

I don't care what anyone else says we don't know if 0.3 is coming or not. The dev isn't reliable and has no track record of regular updates. Because he posts once a month this never got marked as abandoned but until he actually posts the update he said would be here months ago i'd keep expectations to a minimum.

The last update from the dev said it would take about a week and that was nearly a month ago, nothing the dev says can be trusted.

As it stands not a single person knows if it is still being worked on or not all we have is the devs word which means less than nothing at this point. Until the update actually comes i'd think of it as on hold.
thx, ill also keep my hopes at a minimum

Apr 16, 2019
Its kinda sad, I dig a lot the art style here, would love to see if something new comes up.

Are there other games with the same render style?

Reactions: Namco15

Muffeh

Jun 25, 2017
Its kinda sad, I dig a lot the art style here, would love to see if something new comes up.

Are there other games with the same render style?
Nope it's fairly unique as far as I know. I would not lose hope to be honest. If the dev were stringing along Patreon payments his semi regular updates would make sense. He's not so I genuinely believe this is just a slow moving passion project.

Jensaisrien

Aug 9, 2017
Nope it's fairly unique as far as I know. I would not lose hope to be honest. If the dev were stringing along Patreon payments his semi regular updates would make sense. He's not so I genuinely believe this is just a slow moving passion project.
I do too. I mean, the dev stated that his job take priority and that the game is a fun side project for him. He's been pretty honest about that for now I believe (well, except for deadlines, but he said he always had problems respecting those), so as long as he continues to make a monthly "proof of life", I'll keep hope that we'll eventually see updates for this game.

Apr 16, 2019
Nice. Ive read the thread a bit, about how hes not a dick and try to get free money, hes upfront about not taking payments when hes not working on the game, which is very nice.

Still, the saddest part is how there isnt anything like this around, with the same style. IMO its 10 times better than HS, always loved cellshading since games started using on PS2 games (like the Naruto fighting games), gives a lot of depth while keeping the 2D cleanliness.

I also like Koikatu style but the only game Ive managed to play on that is HSTutor.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Cute game with unique art. A lot of content for only a .2 release. Definitely triggers that nostalgic Japanese anime harem niche for me from when I was a wee fapper. Not that the genre has gone away or that I stopped appreciating it. lol

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
Cute game with unique art. A lot of content for only a .2 release. Definitely triggers that nostalgic Japanese anime harem niche for me from when I was a wee fapper. Not that the genre has gone away or that I stopped appreciating it. lol
It's really high quality, obvious from the 4.5 stars it's rocking. Only downside is the updates take forever, dev pauses patreon charges when no progress though so that's nice.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
It's really high quality, obvious from the 4.5 stars it's rocking. Only downside is the updates take forever, dev pauses patreon charges when no progress though so that's nice.
True enough, not surprised it takes so long with as much story he is cramming in, but its nice he seems to be focusing on entire character routes instead of piecemeal.

Also that is a nice sig your rocking.

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
True enough, not surprised it takes so long with as much story he is cramming in, but its nice he seems to be focusing on entire character routes instead of piecemeal.

Also that is a nice sig your rocking.
Yeah, i'd hate to have to be jumping around 50 different saves every update to see all the routes.
The names for the girls in the sig are on my profile.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes