VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I figured that much like the Nina and Melissa storylines, there would be overlap with Helen and Alice, where maybe Helen plays a bit of temptress and that's the crux of the drama.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
From Patreon:

Monthly update: Last Days of Summer Edition
It's the end of the month again, so it's time for the good, old monthly update! Since the last update plenty of things have happened, so let's get right into business.
The first draft of the script is now ready. It still needs some editing and other tweaking, but all the main scenes and plot points are now ready. People on Discord might have seen an extra peek or two into some of the new content and now that I know it will be in the next release I'll start posting some of it in here too. Once the script is in good shape, the next step is to script the scenes in Ren'Py. And finally, the backgrounds and other images must be rendered. I have also been more active on Discord giving semi-daily updates and posting some progress pictures like new backgrounds and other similar content. I'll keep this up as it's easy to do and I'm sure many people are interested in seeing things develop and take shape. I haven't posted all of it on Patreon as some of the stuff can be work-in-progress level stuff.
Other than that, the next release should contain at least one animated adult scene video and if things go well even more. I have been building an animation workflow in Blender which should hopefully make it easy to add animations to any scene I like. This way I can pick good poses and then animate them into videos using some scripting and manual work. It's still pretty rough, but faster than purely manual work and hopefully I should be able to produce videos faster at some point. We'll see how it works out. And as an alternative, I'll also try to include an interactive 3D version I have demoed earlier if things go well and stay on schedule, but that is still experimental stuff.
Currently, the planned release date is for November/December and the estimate probably gets more accurate as we get closer. As usual if the schedule starts slipping for some reason, I'll start skipping Patreon payments again, but for now, things look good.

That's all for now! You can ask any question here or on Discord!

TheHellHole

Jul 20, 2018
I request a loner/friendship route, so I can say no to everyone. When I saw the screen where I could pick my interest, and it had a 'no idea' option I got hopeful, defaulting to amy's route after the fact was bullshit. "Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai" had both a loner route(did not like they made it weird) and a friendship route(which i really liked). I also liked that routes were unlocked, not auto selected. But that's not the point.

Call me weird, I don't care... but I don't like going down romance routes without experiencing a loner or friendship route first. I'll straight up close the game and not play it, not even use it for 'material' without that first route. If the game is tagged completed, I'll also delete it.

I just wanna experience the antics before I make my pick... speaking of, not enough antics with Alice... she's the only one I'd even consider, but not without more time spent to understand her.

For now, I'll await updates. Despite encountering no sexual content, I did enjoy following along with their antics.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I request a loner/friendship route, so I can say no to everyone. When I saw the screen where I could pick my interest, and it had a 'no idea' option I got hopeful, defaulting to amy's route after the fact was bullshit. "Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai" had both a loner route(did not like they made it weird) and a friendship route(which i really liked). I also liked that routes were unlocked, not auto selected. But that's not the point.

Call me weird, I don't care... but I don't like going down romance routes without experiencing a loner or friendship route first. I'll straight up close the game and not play it, not even use it for 'material' without that first route. If the game is tagged completed, I'll also delete it.

I just wanna experience the antics before I make my pick... speaking of, not enough antics with Alice... she's the only one I'd even consider, but not without more time spent to understand her.

For now, I'll await updates. Despite encountering no sexual content, I did enjoy following along with their antics.
It's a romance based game with all the girls having a route and their own story. There is no loner route planned because it would be a waste of development time.

If you didn't see any sexual content you did a lot wrong, there is tons in this game on all routes.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I imagine a loner route would be more of the Devon/Mafia storyline, but without a girl to bow-chicka-wow-wow, which is frankly yawn-inducing at this point.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Biggest problem with this game is it already "peaked", with Melissa arc. Kind of feels "default", with best character/relationship development on both ends.
Jane could come close, with some history between her and Cole.
I'm only disappointed I could only facepalm this once.

4 character routes left to go, 2 of which we hardly know anything about, yet it's peaked....

1 more is needed......

1519345294_Tactical_facepalm.jpg

TheHellHole

Jul 20, 2018
It's a romance based game with all the girls having a route and their own story. There is no loner route planned because it would be a waste of development time.

If you didn't see any sexual content you did a lot wrong, there is tons in this game on all routes.
To start, I didn't see any sexual content cuz I avoided any and all relationship actions in hopes of even a basic route where life goes on without a pairing.

I also wanna mention, I will never do a girl's route if I don't like them. And frankly, Alice is the only one with potential on that front, but there's not enough about her to stir a desire to go her route.

I don't think even a simple loner route is a waste, neither is a friendship route. Something about simply having these routes, can drastically change perception, and therefor experience with the game. I very much despise the idea of being forced into a relationship. The fact that I'll be defaulted into someone's route will trigger that hatred, and I literally can not enjoy the game any which way knowing that. That's why I literally ALT F4'd the moment I realized I got defaulted into amy's route.

Friendship routes in particular help build depth to characters and their relations. Helping me decide who I like and do not like. Don't look down on a good friendship route.

I'd imagine most people couldn't care less about who's fucking who. Probably turning on 'skip unseen' to get to the juicy parts. But that not me, I need a backstory a 'who' they are. Without that, it's barely enjoyable, and therefore no reason for me to even try their routes.

---

TL;DR People have preferences, So don't go assuming that something is a waste just because you don't want it.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
TL;DR People have preferences, So don't go assuming that something is a waste just because you don't want it.
I didn't.

I assumed it was a waste because out of everyone on patreon and here you are the only person to ask for it.

As the dev has put forward his planned routes and none of them were loner/friendship.

The only routes left are Alice, Jane, Helen and Kate.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
He changed that before release because he wanted to add pregnancy and didn't like the idea of siblings knocking each other up.

Doesn't change the fact that it would still require a story rewrite to make it an incest game as it still isn't.
It's funny to see someone constantly requesting an incest patch for each game as if there were not hundreds of incest games on F95zone.
I have the opposite problem. Some games are even distributed with a pre-installed incest patch, although there is a non-incest version, which is not good for ordinary boring people like me who don't like incest content in games.

Reactions: Ragnar

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
I didn't.

I assumed it was a waste because out of everyone on patreon and here you are the only person to ask for it.

As the dev has put forward his planned routes and none of them were loner/friendship.

The only routes left are Alice, Jane, Helen and Kate.
Wait, is Jane being added as a route? I didn't think she was originally supposed to have a route.

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
Wait, is Jane being added as a route? I didn't think she was originally supposed to have a route.
She was added to the last "what route should be next" poll and lost to Alice. No one has come out and said she was definitely getting one I don't think but the poll gave people hope.

Reactions: drpavelcia

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
Uh-oh. MC's gonna get busted for banging strippers. Only rational explanation for that glittery a penis. :WeSmart:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
She was added to the last "what route should be next" poll and lost to Alice. No one has come out and said she was definitely getting one I don't think but the poll gave people hope.
If she was in a poll to have a route then it's pretty good odds she'll have one.

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
If she was in a poll to have a route then it's pretty good odds she'll have one.
Sure. I was just pointing out it hadn't been confirmed. I could see a situation where the dev says, "Well she didn't get much love in the poll so I'm not wasting my time." I'll me happy with any added content. If I were to get my choice I'd want Amy's mom added as a potential route.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I'm only disappointed I could only facepalm this once.

4 character routes left to go, 2 of which we hardly know anything about, yet it's peaked....

1 more is needed......

View attachment 418703
Lol, got yourself triggered again?

..and Avaron goes

49e.gif

You're right though, I should've said so far...but we've already had three routes with a similar main plot at the end, and on Melissa's arc it was more developed, with character development, on both sides.
And yes, this is in my opinion: you'll save yourself the trouble of jumping like a rabid hound everytime someone criticizes game you like, when you understand that's what most comments here are.

Well, at least your expression is on point. :ROFLMAO:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes