VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
These pictures are called teasers ? If so I get it why .
In the other paths Alice seemed to be a shy girl I guess not so much in this one.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
enjoying the teaser pic's..from the first release Alice is who i have been wanting the path of..she's LI all the way..she might be a Yandere though..something really off about her..i sure hope so :D i really want dead bodies around :p

Reactions: drpavelcia

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019

Monthly Update: Wicked Witch Edition
It's the end of the month again, so it's time for the spooky monthly update! The progress has been steady and the script is now mostly complete. Some editing is still needed, but all scenes are now done in one way or another. Next comes scripting and also creating all renders that are still required. Most of the backgrounds and 3D-scenes are also ready, so the most significant work is now done. The target for 0.4 release date is currently December, and the holidays should give me plenty of time to wrap things up. If the release date slips into January I'll skip December's monthly Patreon payment once again, I can only blame my own estimates at that point.
I'm also planning to experiment on a shorter release schedule. Until now, I have preferred large updates that take a lot of time to create. Once 0.4 is out, I'll probably try to test out how a shorter release cycle works. My target would be maybe two months between each release. Each storyline/route would then take about three smaller updates to finish instead of one big release. Of course, it will also be possible to vote which girl will have their update done next so the storylines might progress in a more piecemeal fashion. This can be a good or bad thing depending on your personal opinion, so we'll see how it goes. If things don't work out well, I can always go back to bigger updates. More info and details about this once 0.4 is getting released, I haven't even fully ironed out the details myself yet.
Paperwork required for Steam also went thought, so I'll probably publish Offcuts also on Steam at some point before or after 0.4 has been released.
Other than that, more renders and exclusives incoming as usual - and maybe even a video or two. And once the current special series ends, it will be time to vote in the next pair of girls.
That's all for now. Let me know if you have any questions! Happy Halloween, everyone!

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I prefer to play entire routes too, but he/she doesn't have many patrons, so I would understand trying with smaller updates like the rest of devs.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I prefer to play entire routes too, but he/she doesn't have many patrons, so I would understand trying with smaller updates like the rest of devs.
It would take a hell of a lot for the dev to bring in more support now.

He's never shown to be reliable with updates which is the issue I had when we were given 4 release dates for the last update over the span of several months and they missed every single one but by a huge gap.

We're talking months not days.

While the content is awesome, probably one of the better stories i've read, the dev is completely unreliable.

On top of that you get the fans rushing to his defence saying he's not doing it for the money.

It would take a lot of constant updates delivered on time with substantial content and people shilling like demons for this to pick up decent support.

Not saying it can't be done, saying I don't have faith in the dev to stick with it.

His work is amazing, his time keeping and release schedule is the worst i've ever seen.

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
I think it's a pitty updates take so long but still prefer entire routes . the fact you can play the path to the end works better for me as small updates where you have to think "what happened a month ago ? "Or even have to start over to find out .

Reactions: Earthling

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019

He's never shown to be reliable with updates which is the issue I had when we were given 4 release dates for the last update over the span of several months and they missed every single one but by a huge gap.

While the content is awesome, probably one of the better stories i've read, the dev is completely unreliable.

On top of that you get the fans rushing to his defence saying he's not doing it for the money.

It would take a lot of constant updates delivered on time with substantial content and people shilling like demons for this to pick up decent support.

Not saying it can't be done, saying I don't have faith in the dev to stick with it.

His work is amazing, his time keeping and release schedule is the worst i've ever seen.

The developer has a problem keeping to the schedule he promised.

On the other hand, the development is not slow. The first version was released in May 2018 and now after a year and a half there are three completed routes and the fourth in development. On average, the amount of content per month may be higher than in many other games.
And Offcuts is definitely one of the most original and funny visual novels I've ever played so it's worth waiting.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Well, I can't blame him for trying for a change, there are plenty of worse games with more support.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes