VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Kaliba

Jun 24, 2017
Does the game still use different art styles i.e. "3D cgs" and "art cgs"(like if they were painted)?

What i mean by that:

3D cg:
1584711152088.png

Art cg:
1584711224362.png

I really like the "3D cg" style, but dislike the "Art cgs".

• Love
Reactions: asmonGod

McCummings

Feb 4, 2019
Why is Mc always so 'scared' of nina when she catches him with Jane or Amy? I mean damn its HIS house and HIS friends. Kinda pisses me off ngl.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monthly update tomorrow as always, nothing major especially with half of the world being in quarantine. And I'll be skipping next month's Patreon payment as I mentioned before.Then a few experimental Alice renders using the new renderer: alice.jpg alice4.jpg

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
Monthly update tomorrow as always, nothing major especially with half of the world being in quarantine. And I'll be skipping next month's Patreon payment as I mentioned before.Then a few experimental Alice renders using the new renderer: View attachment 601848 View attachment 601849
I think the old render style suits this VN much better. Not that the new renders were bad, but I got used to the old style and I like it. The original renders look more like hand-drawn and I think it fits better with writing style, humor and exaggeration, which are one of the main strengths of Offcuts.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Yeah doubtful... When he stops patreon payment I think is like a little delay

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
I think the old render style suits this VN much better. Not that the new renders were bad, but I got used to the old style and I like it. The original renders look more like hand-drawn and I think it fits better with writing style, humor and exaggeration, which are one of the main strengths of Offcuts.
Are only a try... The game will remain with the actual style

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
tt.jpg

Another month is passing us by, so it's time for another monthly update! With the global pandemic raging on and the economy starting to melt around us, I have been very busy in my real life. I'm lucky (or unlucky) enough to be considered an essential employee, so no rest for me - quite the opposite actually. However, I have been working on the next 0.4 release, although my speed has dropped considerably (not that it was ever that great to begin with). For all new people, the next release 0.4 will add a completely new route for Alice. With that reminder out of the way, let's get started!
The following news is pretty similar to my previous update post and I'll probably progress slowly until things calm down. Still, any Discord lurkers might have seen a few new experimental renders. I'll probably post them here too at some point.
When I had any free time, I mostly spent it polishing the story, adding scripting and other related stuff. I also worked on the new (experimental) interactive 3D system and more traditional pre-rendered videos. I also have some backlogged traditional, static 3D renders that I will be posting on Patreon.
So, what's the roadmap? Before the real 0.4 release, I will publish a beta test release (or two), so I can fix any bugs or other issues related to those features. Once those work and all other possible bugs and typos are fixed, I should be able to make the full release to my patrons and then later to the general public.
Also beginning at some point in the future is the exclusive series (Jane+Helen) for $10 patrons.
And as I mentioned before, I won't take any Patreon payments until 0.4 is out (I'll temporarily suspend my Patreon at the end of each month until then). This gives me some extra time and takes off some pressure so I can hopefully finish things properly.
So, TL;DR:
* Global pandemic apocalypse and economic meltdown make things a bit more challenging than usual, let's hope things calm down quickly.
* New tech in 0.4: interactive 3D and pre-rendered movies, at least a few of each. When I get the pipeline (and my skills) working smoothly, next releases should have more.
* Test release planned at some point, the final release in May/June if everything goes well.
* After 0.4 I will try out a bit faster release schedule with partial updates instead of releasing large, complete routes that take ages to finish. We'll see how it goes.
* Steam release at some point after 0.4 is out. Steam has been pretty random with adult games, so who knows what can happen.
Thanks for everyone for your support and especially patience! Stay safe, people!

GuardianZ

Jun 12, 2017
I don't know if it's just me and my Geolocation, but I'm having issues connecting to Meganz.

When I use my VPN to route to the UK it works...fffffffffffff me.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
best typo ever -

Amy : Would you jump off the bride just because someone asked you to?
(should be bridge)

I can't imagine Amy saying that on purpose (as this is said near the begining of her route).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MirrorHead

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
A few strange things I have noticed :

Amy in maid costume. You can clearly see she is wearing underwear. You then lift her outfit and say 'no underwear?' as she is naked underneath.

Melissa says she needs to get undressed but you can see she is naked.

Sometimes in sex scenes they act is if they are doing something for the first time

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes