DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
I've tried it with other games & it hasn't worked. I actually discovered it by being a fumble-fingers while trying to hide the interface & grab a screenshot during an animation. When I tried to repeat the phenom it worked. Sometimes clumsy is good.
Yeah didn't work in the games I tried. I guess it depends on the game and how it was made and maybe on what version of Ren'py.

Renpy gamers

Aug 31, 2019
Oh_Daddy_v_0.4.png
Dev Update
Renders: 89 / 150
Writing: 40%
Coding: 32% Code: 32
Translation: 0%

In renders I put 150 because it is the minimum I do in each update, but it can be more, less than 150 NEVER!
I'm at full speed because I also want to give you a christmas special !! so I have a month and a half to do both things! Sorry if I don't spend much time connected here!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Watchraven

Jun 10, 2018
View attachment 1504984
Dev Update

In renders I put 150 because it is the minimum I do in each update, but it can be more, less than 150 NEVER!
I'm at full speed because I also want to give you a christmas special !! so I have a month and a half to do both things! Sorry if I don't spend much time connected here!
Wow! Talk about the Joy of Cooking!

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
View attachment 1504984
Dev Update

Well now I REALLY hope that these lovely ladies are VERY messy when cooking and we can LICK them clean. ALSO, I'm hoping that we FINALLY have a Dev with the COURAGE to give us some HOT gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie content... YUM :devilish:

Just a thought

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
View attachment 1504984
Dev Update

Hey no worries and no stress. Not like there's nothing to do in the meantime, let alone considering all the games on here lol. I am extremely hype though. I love your game and the new girl is hot AF too and those renders makes me salivate hahaha. But yeah, no need to rush things, it only eventually lead to bad stuff.

Thanks for keeping us in the know! ^^

Reactions: Renpy gamers

aliveback

Jun 24, 2019
how is the translation of the game to PT-BR going?
I've been going through the files and realize that all dialogs are easily accessible for those who know how to program, I even did a translation of a part by test.
If it's stopped, I can help with this translation, even if it's not an unofficial one.

Test:

drHaKo

Apr 26, 2017
i like it very much, keep it up.
what i would like to see is that sara calls her daddy by chosen name. is it possible that she always calls her daddy daddy?

s.kirmish

Jul 28, 2017
This dev has to focus in the game and not in side stories like the halloween one
I wrote that the main game is currently just as long as the halloween special, and that something like this is usual indication of a dev with the aim to stretch development time intentionally. Many seem to agree since your similar comment received many likes, but my criticism was removed for Rule Violation #1: trolling. (this message is already longer than the one deleted)
Maybe there is a reason why the dev had to instantly go work on "specials" before even producing little more than a peek into an actual game. Normally a special lives on something akin to a "brand", - a at least somewhat established game. A christmas episode is also already in the making, so the "special" content will definitely be longer than the game by then.
The halloween special was ok of course (would be welcome to any game of renown), but seeing this jump from 'just started' to '2 months anniversary edition' still just feels like the initial release was bait.
Sorry for expressing my thoughts.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I wrote that the main game is currently just as long as the halloween special, and that something like this is usual indication of a dev with the aim to stretch development time intentionally. Many seem to agree since your similar comment received many likes, but my criticism was removed for Rule Violation #1: trolling. (this message is already longer than the one deleted)
Maybe there is a reason why the dev had to instantly go work on "specials" before even producing little more than a peek into an actual game. Normally a special lives on something akin to a "brand", - a at least somewhat established game. A christmas episode is also already in the making, so the "special" content will definitely be longer than the game by then.
The halloween special was ok of course (would be welcome to any game of renown), but seeing this jump from 'just started' to '2 months anniversary edition' still just feels like the initial release was bait.
Sorry for expressing my thoughts.
I guess it's rather bad timing than bad intentions. If the first version had been released in January instead of July, there would have been much more time until a Halloween and a Christmas special.

purseless

Feb 13, 2020
To say the dev is milking or planning to is pretty unfair, say what you want about the story or lack there of he's doing a fair bit especially compared to a lot of other devs. While the updates might not be that big at least they're somewhat frequent, three in as many months maybe less plus a side story. He's also active on his discord and with his supporters. If it starts going down the road of months between updates and no communication then sure that would be a reason to be upset but only if you're supporting him and if you aren't you have no real say and should be happy to get something for free whenever you get it.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I've been getting an error every time I hit the Heart button in the upper-left corner. Running this line in the console seems to fix it:
style.u'titleframe_text2' = Style(style.default)

monte350

Sep 9, 2021
game crashes at start up. running win 7 home sp1, onboard amd 760g video. tried messing with the render type (i.e. gl vs angle) but that didn't help. all other games i have tried run fine(most use renpy), but this and happy summer wont run. any help?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
game crashes at start up. running win 7 home sp1, onboard amd 760g video. tried messing with the render type (i.e. gl vs angle) but that didn't help. all other games i have tried run fine(most use renpy), but this and happy summer wont run. any help?
Could be maybe your pc specs. Newer Ren'Py versions (7.4.xx) in games need a bit more hardware "power", at least with the graphics card. I've made a quick port of the game (+ my Mod integrated) with Ren'Py 7.3.5, maybe that works for you. Download link:

monte350

Sep 9, 2021
thank you, i thought it might be related to version 7.4 since those are the ones that wont work. 7.3 and earlier seem fine. it might be time to upgrade the old pc, or at least add a graphics card.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Could be maybe your pc specs. Newer Ren'Py versions (7.4.xx) in games need a bit more hardware "power", at least with the graphics card. I've made a quick port of the game (+ my Mod integrated) with Ren'Py 7.3.5, maybe that works for you. Download link: Workupload
IIRC it's not power per se, but the card must be modern enough. A modern low-end card might be less powerful than a high-end one from years ago, but still support more modern technologies.

3.40 star(s) 80 Votes