J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023
Yeah I heard people saying he's the same dev that's making SWMD. I think a few devs do that. I think the blackheart games team started another game under a new name and are trying to hide it. (Poorly I might add). I like Oh daddy so I hope he isn't lying. When you're making 9k a month surely you wouldn't throw it away and abandon the game. Right?

Reactions: denen

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Well, let's see if I'm 2/2 on my not-really-psychic abilities: I predict not. At least not without some hardcore fan reverse-engineering all the Daz assets used, buying them all (probably $5-10k or more), remaking all the models and backgrounds and then taking apart the code and figuring out variables and picking up the story where it was left. All that is pretty damned unlikely and I don't know of an AVN that's ever been resurrected by a 3rd party like that.
From my understanding, none of the assets etc were lost, it was just the GPU etc

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Yeah I heard people saying he's the same dev that's making SWMD. I think a few devs do that. I think the blackheart games team started another game under a new name and are trying to hide it. (Poorly I might add). I like Oh daddy so I hope he isn't lying. When you're making 9k a month surely you wouldn't throw it away and abandon the game. Right?
If you read the thread for the game, Seath even said he helps, that's all, the game is Kazzy's.

Reactions: denen
Jan 31, 2023
If you read the thread for the game, Seath even said he helps, that's all, the game is Kazzy's.
Just looks sus. All three blackheart team members are helping in some way and are very active on the discord but Kazzy is very silent/none existent. He only came onto discord a few days ago after Seath responded to me questioning it. And it was a new account just made. But maybe I'm just overthinking it? Oh daddy has given me trust issues lmao

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Just looks sus. All three blackheart team members are helping in some way and are very active on the discord but Kazzy is very silent/none existent. He only came onto discord a few days ago after Seath responded to me questioning it. And it was a new account just made. But maybe I'm just overthinking it? Oh daddy has given me trust issues lmao
Looking at the discord, it looks like their original discord account may have been lost then reinstated (dates back to Nov 2022)
I'm one of the game testers, and Kazzy has been there from the beginning.

WigglyWorld84

Aug 14, 2021
My father always told me "never pay in advance, only after the service". Never failed me.
That may work for water and electricity..

But, you've never been to a sporting event or a music concert or a movie? ;) Nothing for which you had to pay in advance?
You've may have never been burned, but what's life without a little chance?

I have bought many games in Early Access or alpha/beta stages (I was one of the first to buy Minecraft, right when rails were added) and have had a decent success rate. Burned on a few but overall I have come out ahead, entertainment-value wise.

Hell, I even subbed to this game for a month and I got my $5 bucks worth.

[I do get your point though.]

Dec 20, 2020
That may work for water and electricity..

But, you've never been to a sporting event or a music concert or a movie? ;) Nothing for which you had to pay in advance?
You've may have never been burned, but what's life without a little chance?

I have bought many games in Early Access or alpha/beta stages (I was one of the first to buy Minecraft, right when rails were added) and have had a decent success rate. Burned on a few but overall I have come out ahead, entertainment-value wise.

Hell, I even subbed to this game for a month and I got my $5 bucks worth.

[I do get your point though.]
Sporting events, concerts, and movies can be cancelled, but you are either refunded or rescheduled. Unless you bought from a scalper. Movies and sports you can buy at a ticket box at the venue unless it's a sold out event. Concerts can be the same, but they are another scam business altogether. Early access games, you pay once. Patreon, Subscribestar, and the like, you pay monthly and only maybe you get what you pay for. If you had subbed for 12 months at $5/month, would you feel like you got your $60 worth?

Reactions: perturbedspoon

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
No. Also, you are elligible for a refund if they are incomplete.
Playing Devil's advocate: you're not paying for a service, and it isn't neither a purchase on credit with monthly payments - think about it: $5 per month is $60 per year, most finished games requires at least 2 years, so a one only "game" (a VN in fact, so an illustrated story basically) for $120 is... fucking expensive.

As the name of the website "Patreon" suggests it, you're offering a patronage. Meaning that you're helping someone without ANY guarantee of a return on investment, because it's NOT an investment: it's philanthropy. But, of course, you can cancel your patronage at will, if you consider that the beneficiary does not deserve your patronage. But you can't expect neither a refund nor something in exchange - but doing charity, which MAY be something important for you.

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
A pity... (I would say slutty) not to continue the game. It caught the attention of so many people and out of nowhere let everyone down.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
It's just a typical shit show, that seems to happen more than it really should. At least with dlc's on other games, you can expect it to be working(most of the time), but so many "devs" start stories and never finish them. So i say people need to be more shrewd and not pay as soon as an alpha is released, and maybe these guys would work harder to get some sizeable content put out.
At one time, game companies didn't release a game until it was finished, which is the opposite of what alot of ceators, and i use that term loosely, try for at this point. There are a few really good ones like dr pink cake, mr dots, westy, seath and lewdlab that have made good projects and even finished them, which is nice to see. I believe that has mostly to do with their work ethic and integrity. So, any of the ones that just scam, you know what i mean, are just that, scammers and don't deserve any money for putting out half ass work.

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
True what you are putting. We get stuck in a game and when it gets interesting, this happens. Lack of respect for followers. Does anyone have info on any similar games?

3.40 star(s) 79 Votes