Dec 15, 2022
The abandoned tag, if it's there, is a useful rule of thumb as to the length of time since the last update. However if it's not there that doesn't mean the game isn't abandoned or even that there hasn't been a large stretch of radio silence, it is a very inconsistently applied tag (to the point that in some cases it appears to only not be applied due to favoritism).
I had a similar feeling, like a vendetta. Seeing some of the games going on far longer without an update and no tag.

But what's interesting was the amount of update speed in the beginning, and how long this update takes. Well if after a new update comes we can start this conversation again...

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I had a similar feeling, like a vendetta. Seeing some of the games going on far longer without an update and no tag.

But what's interesting was the amount of update speed in the beginning, and how long this update takes. Well if after a new update comes we can start this conversation again...
He had "hardware issues", at least that's what was reported.

mirian

Nov 18, 2018
Excellent images from the 0.8 preview, hopefully it will be a more or less big update as there are a lot of girls. When will it be available now?

Reactions: denen

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
it is a very inconsistently applied tag (to the point that in some cases it appears to only not be applied due to favoritism).
It's inconsistent because users don't consistently report threads. Mods don't browse around the game catalogue looking for stuff to tag, they get thread reports from users and look at the game's update history and dev activity to decide if it meets the criteria or not.

coyotegrey

Feb 19, 2018
It's inconsistent because users don't consistently report threads. Mods don't browse around the game catalogue looking for stuff to tag, they get thread reports from users and look at the game's update history and dev activity to decide if it meets the criteria or not.
With the amount of general bitching and moaning for updates on this site (even less than 48 hrs after a release in some cases), I'm not sure that this convinces me.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
With the amount of general bitching and moaning for updates on this site (even less than 48 hrs after a release in some cases), I'm not sure that this convinces me.
I fail to see the correlation between users whining for updates and users not reporting threads as abandoned.

The overwhelmingly vast majority of users will never use the report function even once, and users who frequent untagged "abandoned" threads are usually followers of the game or dev and don't want the thread tagged in the first place so they have no reason to report it.

That leaves it up to random people browsing threads who just happen to find the thread and choose to report it, or mods who come into the thread for unrelated reasons and notice the update gap or dev inactivity.

I was also told how the abandon tagging works directly from a mod to begin with, so I'm not exactly inclined to believe it's incorrect.

3.40 star(s) 78 Votes