TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
hey is there anything I need to do to get the golems producing stuff or is my old save bugged

Also I am on the third part Heisenschmerg and I go down into the basement but all I get are 3 dots in response to talking to him
You're able to talk to Heisenschmerg!? An event is supposed to play, leading to his escape, you're never meant to actually interact with him directly. How did you get to that point in the quest?

Golems themselves don't produce anything, you use them to upgrade industries

fakename01

Jul 12, 2018
You're able to talk to Heisenschmerg!? An event is supposed to play, leading to his escape, you're never meant to actually interact with him directly. How did you get to that point in the quest?

Golems themselves don't produce anything, you use them to upgrade industries
like I have the last shiny object and then it told me that they were in the basement I am in part 3 of the quest and I can walk through the boxes

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
like I have the last shiny object and then it told me that they were in the basement I am in part 3 of the quest and I can walk through the boxes
Yes that's a map design error, use the pathway to the south of the boxes, at the end of that path is a single box, walk up to it. An event will play out (I should have made that floor event sparkle to draw attention to it).

fakename01

Jul 12, 2018
Yes that's a map design error, use the pathway to the south of the boxes, at the end of that path is a single box, walk up to it. An event will play out (I should have made that floor event sparkle to draw attention to it).
alright thank and for the answer

Also is there a list of the patrol scenes

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
alright thank and for the answer

Also is there a list of the patrol scenes
There are 10 different patrol scenes, they're just randomly selected, sometimes you get the option to make a decision that can change how the patrol scene ends, after accumulating 100 security points (different scenes and decision award different amounts of security points), you will max out the cities security.

Which will be important for future quests and city property management.

fakename01

Jul 12, 2018
There are 10 different patrol scenes, they're just randomly selected, sometimes you get the option to make a decision that can change how the patrol scene ends, after accumulating 100 security points (different scenes and decision award different amounts of security points), you will max out the cities security.

Which will be important for future quests and city property management.
I think one two thats why I am asking I know it dosen't matter much but I do enjoy your writing

also is there chance we will get more children?

kyurin

Jul 6, 2017
Dear lord you need to change the "Teach an Old Djinn New Tricks III" quest.
That's the worst thing i've ever had to experience holy shit.

7KingKong7

Mar 8, 2020
I really enjoy the game so far, but iam a bit sad there isnt any "art" besides the character models. Would you be opposed to AI Art, if not i might be able to help you out

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
How is production supposed to work? I upgraded mining twice but I the ressources are not really increasing. Do I need to pick them up somewhere? Do I have to skip time through resting or something for ressources to come in?

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Also I noticed a few error. When exploring the mushroom forest, I reached the lumber mill as the third or forth map. But it triggered the dialogue for all four of the locations in the mushroom forest. I could directly travel to all 4 locations afterwards as well.
Something similar happens during the Citry Patrols. It gives a few sentences about how you are traveling through the city until you notice a commotion, the screen changes to a scene that looks like an incident. But then it just gives similar sentences, describing how anu is travelling through the city until you notice a commotion and it loads another scene. It does this over and over again. Roughly five or six times, until it finally landed on a scene that actually played. One with a noble and some thugs.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
How is production supposed to work? I upgraded mining twice but I the ressources are not really increasing. Do I need to pick them up somewhere? Do I have to skip time through resting or something for ressources to come in?
Production that is not done by MC require real time to pass

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
Production that is not done by MC require real time to pass
It has been a while since I played this but as memory serves it is not "real time" as per se but "game time". The difference being if you just walk away and let the game idle, game time will not progress much if at all (despite real time progressing). However, if you just run back and forth on the screen, game time progresses and thus so does your production. So it is not "turn-based time" (as in battles), nor "real time" but tick-based "game time" that you need to be concerned with.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
It has been a while since I played this but as memory serves it is not "real time" as per se but "game time". The difference being if you just walk away and let the game idle, game time will not progress much if at all (despite real time progressing). However, if you just run back and forth on the screen, game time progresses and thus so does your production. So it is not "turn-based time" (as in battles), nor "real time" but tick-based "game time" that you need to be concerned with.
Production processes automatically every 6 minutes (roughly as it is based on in game frames which can be faster or slower).

Jun 6, 2021
I'm going to be brutally honest here, this game needs a speed up function for harvesting and crafting. Otherwise I like this way more than I probably should given it's current state. The parts where you raise your kids are great and I also like the kingdom building elements to it.

That being said I give this game the rating of: A rope of alabaster seed out of ten.

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
I'm going to be brutally honest here, this game needs a speed up function for harvesting and crafting. Otherwise I like this way more than I probably should given it's current state. The parts where you raise your kids are great and I also like the kingdom building elements to it.

That being said I give this game the rating of: A rope of alabaster seed out of ten.
I have not played this for a while but there are production upgrades you can purchase (when last I played it anyway).

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017

That's something I have been thinking of adding actually, an option to skip production time forward.

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
That's something I have been thinking of adding actually, an option to skip production time forward.
Perhaps a menu that lets one wait for some period of time and then simulates such time passing. I would be cool to allow one to enter a number but also to have it default to the last number used for quicker repeated entry usage.

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Perhaps a menu that lets one wait for some period of time and then simulates such time passing. I would be cool to allow one to enter a number but also to have it default to the last number used for quicker repeated entry usage.
That would be nice, but also tricky due to the way the time system interacts with the production system, for version 0.118 I've created a simple time skip option in the workshop interface.

With that said, the whole reason I never added a turn advancement system to the production process, is because I figured that would be far to tedious, better to make it entirely automated. There's nothing more annoying than repeatedly clicking next turn over and over again to get the resources you need.

Better to make it primarily an in the background kind of thing, encourage players to spend time doing other things and coming back later to reap the harvest.

But some people like to have the option to not have to wait, and it's a simple matter to add a timeskip button instead.

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes