Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
This isn't a kinetic novel. Not every scene has choices or anything, but there are choices. For instance, in this latest release, you can choose whether you force your glamour on Elizabeth and whether to join Sarah with her boyfriend. You many not like the choices, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. This is a visual novel, not a kinetic one.
These aren't really the best examples, since the first choice you mentioned doesn't have an effect at all and the second one is just about skipping a sex scene you might not be into.

lexisjohnny

Aug 23, 2019
Is there any way to change the phone text colors? white text on teal green is impossible to read. How am I the only one seeing this?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
baconsmoke, you may have already had these reported, but I didn't see them in this thread yet. (It's also possible I'm blind, ofc.) Here are a few errors with v0.4 that I got.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All of these are just FYI, in case you didn't know of them already.
https://f95zone.to/threads/on-distant-shores-v0-4-professor-amethyst-games.90074/post-6914595

for the first error

for the 2nd - i didnt had this - try to delete the script.rpyc file - maybe works ( didnt got reply from mortarion if it works) ;
i think its because just overwriting old files with new update (correct me if im wrong , and tell me if it works ;) )

but yeah the dev should be notified of this errors

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Meh update, didn't answer many questions which was disappointing, although it was nice for once not dying, that shit was getting old fast.
So I assume at some point we fuck the angle after doing the demon girl.

So what was the deal with this image, was this just a super bugged unfished release or what, how come this one single image was showing up so damn much.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
i wonder if people reading some posts before they posting problems with the game :unsure:

and a hint for free : tag the dev if you want it noticed ... ;)

SHER!FF

Aug 15, 2019

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
https://f95zone.to/threads/on-distant-shores-v0-4-professor-amethyst-games.90074/post-6914595

for the first error

for the 2nd - i didnt had this - try to delete the script.rpyc file - maybe works ( didnt got reply from mortarion if it works) ;
i think its because just overwriting old files with new update (correct me if im wrong , and tell me if it works ;) )

but yeah the dev should be notified of this errors
I always copy the files into a new, separate folder, unless the OP specifically recommends doing otherwise. If you didn't get the 2nd problem, I'm not too worried about it. I've already played through the update, so if no one else sees the problem it might be specific for my machine.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I always copy the files into a new, separate folder, unless the OP specifically recommends doing otherwise. If you didn't get the 2nd problem, I'm not too worried about it. I've already played through the update, so if no one else sees the problem it might be specific for my machine.
well - it was mentioned atleast 3x now , sooo....
but good to know about the .rpyc not the reason
cant see at the script why this errors occure - but im not a pro

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
the first choice you mentioned doesn't have an effect at all
There actually is an effect; you just don't see much of it visually. That doesn't mean there's no difference in the outcome. (If you don't try, you get 2 relationship points with Elizabeth and become more logical. If you try but then apologize, you gain only 1 relationship point with Elizabeth and no logic points. If you try and just walk away, you gain a ritualism point.)
These aren't really the best examples, . . . the second one is just about skipping a sex scene you might not be into.
Hildegardt: This is a kinetic novel! There are no choices!
-CookieMonster666-: Demonstrates a couple of examples of choices.
Hildegardt: Those aren't the kind of choices I meant! There are no choices!

O-o-o-k-a-a-a-y....

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
There actually is an effect; you just don't see much of it visually. That doesn't mean there's no difference in the outcome.
So what are the different outcomes and what do the stat changes do?

Hildegardt: This is a kinetic novel! There are no choices!
-CookieMonster666-: Demonstrates a couple of examples of choices.
Hildegardt: Those aren't the kind of choices I meant! There are no choices!

O-o-o-k-a-a-a-y....
O-o-o-k-a-a-a-y....
Thanks for putting words into my mouth!

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Do you think you can convince people to like the game, when they aren't satisfied with the choices so far, just by pointing out that "well ackchyually, you can skip sex scenes!"

Last edited:

katarne04

Jun 9, 2017
whoa
not expecting the MC to have such tragedy. i didnt read the intro page 1. went in blind and was blown away how the mc story is being told. luv it already!

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
I got this error on day 21..Seeing if anyone can possibly help me out.. Thanks

Same here. This error does only happen on Meili route and not on Violet route.

Edit:

Ok, the error only seems to happen with an old save. When i start a fresh game everything runs smoothly.

Last edited:

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
You are aware that this is an ongoing project, and not a complete one.....right? That the choices you make now, will have long-term implications that you are not currently aware of?

Cookie told you what the point impact of the different choices are. Just because the direct impact those choices have on the storyline are not immediately apparent, doesn't mean that there isn't an impact. That is kind of how ongoing projects work.

I don't think anyone is trying to make you like the game (or maybe they are, I can't actually speak for them), but to me it sounds like this isn't the VN for you. Might want to skip it, at least until it is complete, so that all of the choices you make will have an immediate impact on the storyline.

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

O-o-o-k-a-a-a-y....
Thanks for putting words into my mouth!

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Do you think you can convince people to like the game, when they aren't satisfied with the choices so far, just by pointing out that "well ackchyually, you can skip sex scenes!"
Are you actually expecting an immediate outcome to every choice you make? Not every interaction you have in life has an obvious consequence right away. Often you don't see the results for years. But even with that said, the game specifically lets you know that your choice had an effect. Elizabeth is either thankful you didn't use the power on her, or she's sad that you did use it. How does that not indicate an effect on the MC's relationship with the character?

I'm not trying to convince anyone to like or dislike the game. I'm pointing out that this isn't a kinetic novel. Just because you don't see some major outcome like death of a character, sex scene, etc., doesn't mean the choices don't matter. I'm not "putting words in your mouth"; I'm pointing out the absurdity in your argument. But I think we're done here. This is off topic now. If you don't like the game, don't play it. But tags shouldn't be added to a game that don't actually apply. This is not a kinetic novel.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
Quote: "I've been fucked tens of thousands of times.."

From a character that the writer forces you to "love" and "impregnate" with no say in the matter as a player whatsoever..Yeah we have choices alright.

WildBillKatt

Oct 4, 2018
I somehow start to be full of these "slow burn" games. Maybe I'll have to wait for the first 10 updates to play this. There is no point in these games at first. Too often these are built on the excuse of not being able to have sex scenes.
I think a better strategy is wait til the 4th or 5th update then check it out. If it doesn't immediately become one of your favourites, skip over 2 or 3 updates a time and check back later. Let's you build some anticipation at least instead of just binging the game at the end.

Reactions: Qoo-Rilla

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Not the best update overall, plus Sarah... you missed making MC lick her pussy after the dude fucked her, perfect scene for the cucks around. Wasted good model.

I kinda got blindsided by that, not sure if i misread what she said or something but i thought she was going to do a solo exibicionist show or something and future setup for some netori and not setup for future sloppy seconds, disappointing and a wasted character.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 76 Votes