Mar 27, 2019
After reading through many of the recent comments, I again apologize that the ending was such a let down. I hope to learn from my mistakes. Thank you for your honest feedback.
I'll admit that I too was kinda disappointed in the ending at first, but as I said before, further reflection caused me to change my mind. I personally think the ending was decent and appropriate.

Glad to hear you're making another game, take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism well and leave the rest behind and always remember that it's YOUR story...tell it how you will.

Always remember, if you try to please all of the people all of the time, you'll end up pleasing none of the people none of the time.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is done already: next game is designed to be much less abstract and depressing.
I have started work on a new game. It will be a much less abstract and depressing game. Since it will be my second attempt at something like this, I hope I will have improved some.
This game started with the end, if we think about it: MC death in the real world sparked the loading of MC from the game as part of his legacy MC actually wrote himself in his will to be in this game yet totally forgot himself and his friends IRL.

Maybe start planning your next story from the end first
There is so much death without the puns of horror but with the emotion of thriller that keeps MC grounded and pounded throughout the story ... with kind of unexplained paralells to his nemesis God is literally his doppelganger, yet even tho God appears right at the end fo a failing dissapearing game world, MC is totally devoid of memory, of thought, of instincts or anything that would resemble a coder+software engineer+data bse creator - basicaly one alumni of keeping information inside his secure storage - but MC looses his own mind and information from one day to another and noty once does he use his skills to help himself.

Don't gatekeep which kind of stories people are allowed to tell, the only requirement should be writing your stories as best as you can
This is not a wall of text kind of fantasy - it has scenes and visuals to carry it through to the gamers.
Death is still painful and nothingness is offputting. You make these your stand out themes, you have to deal with graveyard reviews - that is the place where death and painfully nothing ever changes or brightens up in there.

Cyrodil

Dec 8, 2018
Anyone else getting this on the Relationships tab?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/gamescreens.rpy", line 1090, in execute
File "game/gamescreens.rpy", line 1092, in execute
File "game/gamescreens.rpy", line 1261, in execute
File "game/gamescreens.rpy", line 1261, in <module>
NameError: name 'Amara_Relationship' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "interlude.rpyc", line 5100, in script call
File "characterinfo.rpyc", line 490, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3174, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3804, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3804, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.2.22081402
On Distant Shores 1.0
Wed Oct 2 15:50:47 2024

Reactions: asahibito

Xyyy

Jun 12, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.17

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Pixeldrain
Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 1.036 GB

Come find me on Discord:
Can you add the walkthrough mod while updating?

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Anyone else getting this on the Relationships tab?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "interlude.rpyc", line 5100, in script call
File "characterinfo.rpyc", line 490, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3174, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3804, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3804, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.2.22081402
On Distant Shores 1.0
Wed Oct 2 15:50:47 2024
Thanks for catching this. It was bugfixed in the walkthrough mod when the error came up somewhere else.

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
After reading through many of the recent comments, I again apologize that the ending was such a let down. I hope to learn from my mistakes. Thank you for your honest feedback.
No no! The end was only a letdown if people were not paying attention to what the helpful NPCs kept telling the MC and just wanted it to end as a standard harem game. The end was poignant and actually mind-blowing, and it was truly an ending and not someone getting bored with their project and just dropping it. I honestly cannot see how someone could have played this to the end without truly following the story and be disappointed. I cannot say more without spoilers, but I found the end to be powerful and well-conceived.

As Cthulhu said, do not listen to the naysayers. Keep creating intelligent, quality stories like this one (well, not exactly like this one, keep us guessing). Thank you!

Last edited:

LexArma

Jun 2, 2019
No no! The end was only a letdown if people were not paying attention to what the helpful NPCs kept telling the MC and just wanted it to end as a standard harem game.
No - I think my problem was that I actually DID listen to the helpful NPCs, and was expecting to see the final choices.

Reactions: くもり空

Mike Hunt TG

Jun 22, 2023
No - I think my problem was that I actually DID listen to the helpful NPCs, and was expecting to see the final choices.
...but why would you? You are (the MC is) dead at that point.

Hey, I understand what you mean - to see Amy transformed into the ruler of whatever throne you chose and whatnot, but if you were truly immersed in the experience of the MC, to see anything more would have NOT been immersive. I would agree if I felt that the ending was a cop-out of a lazy developer who just decided to end it right there, but it was not. It was poetic.

I think it is a mistake the end user makes to assume that all games should be tailored to their expectations rather than to the concept of the developer. It is why so many bitter tears are spilled every time a new version of Fallout is released. I just say "Be glad they bothered in the first place!" and hope for good mods (in Fallout's case).

• Angry

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Mind adding it now for the final update if possible?
Apparently that is a no. I tried and couldn't get it working on android, I'm not gonna spend all day figuring out what's wrong. Sorry.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Very bad joke when you die your last death and you get to understand that she is the avatar for your own creation, A.I. girl your own wife created to guide you through but left her mute and sorely lacking in guide proficency by letting MC alone and dumb and feeling like dying again in the afterlife of his afterlife.
I know, bad joke.
Hey, I understand what you mean - to see Amy transformed into the ruler of whatever throne you chose and whatnot, but if you were truly immersed in the experience of the MC, to see anything more would have NOT been immersive. I would agree if I felt that the ending was a cop-out of a lazy developer who just decided to end it right there, but it was not. It was poetic.
For putting the wife on a pedestal the whole game - MC is so very quick in forgetting what it was both their passion project for the last ten years together and all about finding out she never even bothered to check your and hers creation and abbandoned everything to the absentminded mean and insufferable hands of your ”good” friend whom you once considered valued enough to literally build him a whole database of AI programs together with your wife - only for that ”friend” to constantly revvel in playing GOD and sending demons to kill you, letting chaos fill you up with venom, dissapearing your friends and making you dumber than bricks and having a ball diminishing MC in their last GOD to dimwit conversation MC has in the game - you kind of put into perpective how MCs wife and daughters lost all interest in their father or the only memory they could have about him while interacting with his game avatar: they just left ”chuckling” about his last will to be ”preserved” in his and his wifes passion project of a game world - and never looked back. IT was indeed crushing to find out they lost interest and left the reigns of your memory and your work worth ten whole years - to your ”friend” who kept having wild fun being ”the man in black” from Westworld who was killing MC every couple of days to get his rocks off.

Last edited:
Reactions: shamtiiomi

Cerberus504

Dec 12, 2023
well I just finished reading this and a few comments have surfaced
first to the author and I do mean author "not Dev" author
this is as fine a piece of storytelling as I have had the pleasure to read in maybe 10 years
yes it is dark in more than spots many times it is deeply sad but it is a very well told piece of work
and Proffessor you nailed the ending
overall this story is a very fine piece of work
Given that it is a first outing I personally cant wait to hear your next work
Keep at it and for the love of Godfrey dont listen to anyone else in your telling
in Shakespears words "unto thine own self be true"

Reactions: Mike Hunt TG

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
if
well I just finished reading this and a few comments have surfaced
first to the author and I do mean author "not Dev" author
this is as fine a piece of storytelling as I have had the pleasure to read in maybe 10 years
yes it is dark in more than spots many times it is deeply sad but it is a very well told piece of work
and Proffessor you nailed the ending
overall this story is a very fine piece of work
Given that it is a first outing I personally cant wait to hear your next work
Keep at it and for the love of Godfrey dont listen to anyone else in your telling
in Shakespears words "unto thine own self be true"
if this is the best you've read in the past ten years, then you need to get a library card

Forgotted

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2020
The dev probably should have put a note in the overview or something about this
game not being suitable for deaf people or folks that just don't like having the sound on.

One of the first messages in the game said it won't make
sense if you don't play with the sound on.

Cheers

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Gallery Mod* - Walkthrough Mod* - these are all the guides you will eve need.
Was kind of a waste to download it and one of the first messages saying it won't make
sense if you don't play with the sound on.
Gross overstatement of the themes: this is one release to enjoy the silence of the absurd and tone def overtones and the overarching fate bashing MC is treated to all throughout this story - with the literal guide of MC being a mute:
1728415103441.png
But still amnaging to guide MC to others and also others to MC in the meaningful places this game takes us.

4.10 star(s) 93 Votes