3.60 star(s) 50 Votes

L0c4lh0sT

Jul 27, 2018
I am confused about the cards and the card deck mechanics, even after reading the Guide by Banshee96.
- So the cards are unlocked through the Cock Research (CR), right? But then how do you increase the quantity of each?
- I understand that you can add and remove cards from your card deck. But what for? On each turn, a card is drawn. Are we talking statistics here? I.e. if you have 3 cards of type A and 1 card of type B, then there is a 75% chance of card A being drawn and a 25% chance of card B being drawn?
The cards can only be used once in a match. So the more cards you have, the longer you can play a single match.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Man, with all due respect, I don't think you should spit/insult someone else works like that.
First of all, it's HIS work, he has the right to take his time on developing this game, just because you are another developer full-time doesn't mean you can say such a thing. He can do whatever he wants with it, he listens to the community's ideas and suggestions and he has to sort out the good ones and explain why some of them couldn't work. He is maybe not a full-time developer like you but he still finds the time to work on it.
Secondly, if it's so easy to make a game like that in so little time, why don't you do one on your own. Game isn't as easy to make as it seems, I am not a game developer but I can tell that a game is not as easy a task to make as you make it sound. Also, as you said, ScarletAnn is not working on this anymore, which means he has to find someone else to do the drawing. But the problem is everyone wants the ScarletAnn design, so he has to find someone with a design close has the previous one.
Finally, he said he had to go through a tough time. It's not easy to go out of one, and yet, he still works sometimes on the game even during, very less than now sure but he still was.

All I want to say is that we just need to be patient, he just wants to make this game "perfect" and not disappoint anyone, he wants to make a game that everyone could enjoy and not just a small group of people. And I respect that, I am also eager to see an update but we need to give him the time he needs, pushing him to go faster is not gonna make things better, it could lead to a game with so many bugs that it would be impossible to play and/or enjoy. Do you want a game full of bugs or a game you could enjoy?

I gotta disagree here. Sure, its THEIR game, they can do whatever they want with it. But this was honest criticism from an insider POV (provided of course psih444 is actually a dev and know what they are talking about). He just expressed his personal disappointment from someone who knows a bit about development, when it comes to timeframe, etc. The reason many of us "don't do our own" is probably because we have our own life. Psih seems to be a modder on the side, but whether they are a game dev full time or something else, I assume the reason they don't make these games is that they have other work that pays better, is in some other way more important and significant to them. Im sure if they had the TIME and no other things that take priority (hell, could even just be they have a family and need to take care of them, making unstable income a problematic choice), they would maybe do it. "If its so easy you do it" is not a good argument.

The point is, in the end, the dev could have done a lot, like for example just build levels, characters and storylines while searching for a new artist or waiting for the artist they had to come back. Though honestly, who knows how long that conflict will last, so its certainly not gonna reliably continue anytime soon. A normal dev has contingencies for this. There is always something one can work on.

As for the rework. Yes, nobods wants a game full of bugs, but reworking a game multiple times is always going to take away the momentum it build, and in that case you have to ask yourself if the gained covenience is worth the investment of time (months, years) to rework it. For that you have to weigh potential resulting bugs with the amount of time potential subscribers are left dry without any content. And that imo, is a legitimate point.

Myth1014

Jun 7, 2017
I am confused about the cards and the card deck mechanics, even after reading the Guide by Banshee96.
- So the cards are unlocked through the Cock Research (CR), right? But then how do you increase the quantity of each?
- I understand that you can add and remove cards from your card deck. But what for? On each turn, a card is drawn. Are we talking statistics here? I.e. if you have 3 cards of type A and 1 card of type B, then there is a 75% chance of card A being drawn and a 25% chance of card B being drawn?
The quantity is increased by getting kinks for debbie iirc.
As for the second question it is that yea, the way I approach the milking game for maximum efficiency get three or atleast 2 flames on before going in, the first round is where you simply you hj and build pink hearts using big cock cards. The second and third rounds are when you actually use your cards to manipulate the meter. For this purpose its important to have a proper balance of what cards you need, for example having 3-4 big cocks is ideal cause after building 2 pink hearts rest of them build themselves and all your skills can be used with 2, some cards give a bit of arousal meter some dont give arousal at all and stuff like that plays in when deciding which one you want to play to maintain a train of 2 red hearts and 1 blue

rouge_g

Jul 1, 2017
Just a by the by, checking the SuscribeStar page for this game shows the dev is most definitely still working on this game, new art was posted there in this year and there was a poll as recently as April. If, as mentioned before that the new artist has gone awol being Ukranian and *gesturing at reality* then it might take a full year since the last update for progress to be made.

The dev could go back to ScarletAnn, get lucky and the new artist shows up and starts up again, or they simply move on and find another new artist entirely. I personally hope for the third option, SA is always insanely busy and I don't hold out much hope with anything to do with the war in Ukraine. Best to just move on and maybe find someone who could repurpose the new art? Or just start from scratch.

Reactions: mortic90 and Fhinix

Moosy

Feb 10, 2018
f95 should add a function to mark some project as scam with like 5 levels
Reasons for the mark
-A project dont update in like 6 month
-A project updates but dont change anything
You realize the associated risks of crowdfunding an ongoing project right? Don't be obtuse. It's not always a scam and stuff can happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

moskis22

Nov 26, 2020
You realize the associated risks of crowdfunding an ongoing project right? Don't be obtuse. It's not always a scam and stuff can happen.
The problem in this site is that there are more unfinished games than completed, and it's so frustating to find an interesting game and have to either wait a couple of years (and hope that it won't get dropped), or either play it unfinished and having to repeat the already played content (and the posibility that it get dropped anyway...)

Don't get me wrong, i'm not against crowdfunding, but it isn't for everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
The problem in this site is that there are more unfinished games than completed, and it's so frustating to find an interesting game and have to either wait a couple of years (and hope that it won't get dropped), or either play it unfinished and having to repeat the already played content (and the posibility that it get dropped anyway...)

Don't get me wrong, i'm not against crowdfunding, but it isn't for everyone
To add onto that, as much understanding as I have for a war. It's not like the developer was located in Ukraine, it was an artist that he had started recruiting as a replacement for the previous artist because he wanted a more consistent output of art. This is a matter of putting the artist, sadly enough, on hold and look for another one. Very unfortunate, but the alternative is waiting years with the project on ice.

3.60 star(s) 50 Votes