FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
The next update (0.10) will finish the main story but there will still be an epilogue update after that (along with possible bug fixes and improvements) which will finish the game. I think Caribdis said on the Discord that the epilogue for Once in a Lifetime will come after the first update of his next game (Eternum) but I might be misremembering that part
any clue when that update will come? how long does it traditionally take for each update to drop?

doubleCl1cK

Nov 4, 2018
Ok, so I'm late finishing the 0.9 update and ben catching up with all the talk.
So the question of Caribdis has been answered by Caribdis Here. We should've known. The Dev purposely put us between Schylla and Charybdis when we're told the pilot only allow 2 passengers. ;)
As we await the upcoming release of 0.10, I'll take sunaboz 's advice, and start my searching. Pls be kind to me folks! :sneaky:

Btw, of course I loved the update. Caribdis, if you can add titles to the music you use in the credits - that would be great! cheers

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Never was confirmed she would appear. Yes some here would like that, but Caribdis mentioned he didn't have a way to add her without ruining the balance of the game. As aditional content after the game is completed maybe is a possibility, but nothing was confirmed.

While I would like that I agree with the reasoning and I much rather would have a solid product that a new heroine taking over the balance of the story. Not to mention the game already has some heroines with more screen than others. And this was, already at v0.6.

TL;DR: nothing confirmed, it wasn't completly scrapped out, but it's most unlikely to be added at all now.
That just seems odd to me that we're going to disappear somewhere with Iris and not tell her mother. I hope in the epilogue that Cora at least knows where Iris is.

Caribdis

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2018
Ok, so I'm late finishing the 0.9 update and ben catching up with all the talk.
So the question of Caribdis has been answered by Caribdis Here. We should've known. The Dev purposely put us between Schylla and Charybdis when we're told the pilot only allow 2 passengers. ;)
As we await the upcoming release of 0.10, I'll take sunaboz 's advice, and start my searching. Pls be kind to me folks! :sneaky:

Btw, of course I loved the update. Caribdis, if you can add titles to the music you use in the credits - that would be great! cheers
I'll add it in the next version (y)

Last edited:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
That just seems odd to me that we're going to disappear somewhere with Iris and not tell her mother. I hope in the epilogue that Cora at least knows where Iris is.
Iris wasn't even meant to be a cousin at start. It just was included on the patch because some liked the theme of Judie having her cousin as her best friend. That's why I enforce people to support the dev, since he's very comunicative.

It has a good vibe and fits so well into the comedy of that scene.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Iris wasn't even meant to be a cousin at start. It just was included on the patch because some liked the theme of Judie having her cousin as her best friend. That's why I enforce people to support the dev, since he's very comunicative.

It has a good vibe and fits so well into the comedy of that scene.
I thought Cora was always meant to be Iris's mother regardless of the patch? Its been a while since i was back at the beginning Is Cora only mentioned as Carla's friend and not her sister?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Congratz on becoming the second best rated novel on the site!! This is totally deserved! I have recommended to this novel to pretty much everybody since I first played it. It is really that good.

1617807999891.png

I want to ask something I asked before. Are you planning a steam release? If you are, I will probably wait for that, otherwise I will include Once in a lifetime in my list of totative supports for one of the months to come.

Caribdis

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2018
Congratz on becoming the second best rated novel on the site!! This is totally deserved! I have recommended to this novel to pretty much everybody since I first played it. It is really that good.

View attachment 1129075

I want to ask something I asked before. Are you planning a steam release? If you are, I will probably wait for that, otherwise I will include Once in a lifetime in my list of totative supports for one of the months to come.
That's crazy :oops::oops::oops:
I can't believe we made it up there, thank you so much guys :')

And about a Steam release, as far as I know, it's impossible to publish on Steam a game made using Illusion's software (for copyright reasons), so I'm afraid that can never happen :cry:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

And about a Steam release, as far as I know, it's impossible to publish on Steam a game made using Illusion's software (for copyright reasons), so I'm afraid that can never happen :cry:
Ohh i see. That is sad, this novel deserves the reach steam could provide. Really a douchebag move by Illussion!

Thanks for your reply!

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Wow. I am amazed, and pleased. Congrats Caribdis. It is much deserved. Honestly, I have much more fun playing Once in A Lifetime than the super-polished, but emotionally dead VNs like Being a Dik or some of the other top games here. Yes, the renders of these other games are amazing, and the girls hot, but the dialog on many of these games is flat and lifeless, and the story is unappealing, repetitive, and bland.

I love the characters and dialog of Once in a Lifetime, and I will never forget Stabby Mike. I have had so much fun laughing at the dialog at some parts, like the amazing and hilarious Yakuza scene, and love the more emotionally touching scenes with the girls.

So, great job Caribdis!

videobitva

Oct 2, 2019
Another great find, thank you for the game! Now I know about one more nice women name -- Lauren. I don't know if it just for name or the character herself (who I liked a lot) but the name is f*king awesome!

Tommy1897

Feb 4, 2020

I Say this for all the VN which have a really good plot, like Blackheart hotel by seathblack , but I think that there's enough material to make a fantastic TV series based in OIALT Caribdis

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 925 Votes