Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
So I've played the game now, had a good time and I suspect I'll follow it it in the future. What surprises me though is that in the F95zone weighted ratings this game is the all-time #2, just above Being a Dik and City of Broken dreamers (my two personal faves). This I don't understand.

It's undoubtedly a good game, and the dev obviously provides a lot of content with updates. There are however some issues such as the art being generic with a lot of character models at times being depicted with bad anatomy (heads turned >90Ø and such). Most of the girls also just fall on the MCs dick with a minimum of context. THIS IS FINE really I'm not expecting Lord of The Rings material here but I'm genuinely curious as to what people are seeing in the title to warrant it at such a high ranking.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Nope man, Aiko Kills Azazel, Asmodeus Is killed (or not, it's up to you) by the MC, that's why I asked
Oh my bad. I have a hard time remembering who's who but like I said, the dev makes the walkthrough, so if it tells you to kill him then you should kill him. I'm pretty sure the walkthrough says something like "Kill him (good ending)" and "Don't kill him (bad ending)" so it's pretty clear what choice you should make if you want a good ending

Reactions: Tommy1897

vneotpolemus

Sep 22, 2019
So I've played the game now, had a good time and I suspect I'll follow it it in the future. What surprises me though is that in the F95zone weighted ratings this game is the all-time #2, just above Being a Dik and City of Broken dreamers (my two personal faves). This I don't understand.

It's undoubtedly a good game, and the dev obviously provides a lot of content with updates. There are however some issues such as the art being generic with a lot of character models at times being depicted with bad anatomy (heads turned >90Ø and such). Most of the girls also just fall on the MCs dick with a minimum of context. THIS IS FINE really I'm not expecting Lord of The Rings material here but I'm genuinely curious as to what people are seeing in the title to warrant it at such a high ranking.
I don't know the specifics, but the ranking gives more weight to recent reviews. Since the last update came out this game has had 50+ reviews. BADIK's had half that many and CoBD has had only one tenth in the same period.

In general games spike on the list after a update - new people try it out and leave their opinion. Once in a Lifetime has dropped to third already and I wouldn't be surprised if it's down to "just" fourth when the next CoBD update comes.

Reactions: me130

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
I don't know the specifics, but the ranking gives more weight to recent reviews. Since the last update came out this game has had 50+ reviews. BADIK's had half that many and CoBD has had only one tenth in the same period.

In general games spike on the list after a update - new people try it out and leave their opinion. Once in a Lifetime has dropped to third already and I wouldn't be surprised if it's down to "just" fourth when the next CoBD update comes.
Ah thanks, I gave too much credence to the algorithm.

Tommy1897

Feb 4, 2020
Oh my bad. I have a hard time remembering who's who but like I said, the dev makes the walkthrough, so if it tells you to kill him then you should kill him. I'm pretty sure the walkthrough says something like "Kill him (good ending)" and "Don't kill him (bad ending)" so it's pretty clear what choice you should make if you want a good ending
Yes, it's just that that scene breaks my Heart :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::confused:

yudas51

Dec 25, 2019
View attachment 1137650 Then you've sold Lauren to Orochi
What should I have done in a room full of Yakuza? Risk looking suspicious? I thought Lauren would figure something out, she was the brains of the operations. That doesn't make me a bad man not worthy of getting rescued by Aiko, does it? Especially since Azazel plans to rape my family anyways and cut their throat since the gun didn't really give lauren more safety...

@ Tommy: you know that my posts weren't serious? I knew the consequences about selling lauren and did it anyways, just because I can.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: FFTW

Tommy1897

Feb 4, 2020
[
What should I have done in a room full of Yakuza? Risk looking suspicious? I thought Lauren would figure something out, she was the brains of the operations. That doesn't make me a bad man not worthy of getting rescued by Aiko, does it? Especially since Azazel plans to rape my family anyways and cut their throat since the gun didn't really give lauren more safety...
Yes, but if you sell Lauren, She won't give you the gun

Last edited:

offset8

Aug 16, 2017

Well If you ask me, the reason of why this game is highly rated and probably higher than BaDIK and City of Broken Dreamer is because this game does not have a generic plot. I somehow agree with you when you talk about the renders and all that, this game and the renders used in this type of game will never be as good as the hyper realisitc DAZ renders that BaDIK and CoBD use. But if you analize the plot of BaDIK, is plane is just another game about a good looking guy gettin all the bad bitches in college, all that mixed with a generic drama. In the case of CoBD, it do have a great render-plot combo, but the devs are not consistent with the release and that probably have dropped the ratings.

In my opinion, this game, along with Ripples, CoBD, What a Legend (even though is getting repetitive), midnight city, and Summer's Gone) are one of the best games in this site because of their plot, the rest of the game is just good renders and decent sex scenes.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Why is the incest patch the same size 3.7GB as the non patch? Usually patches for incest are small, to change identifiers (neighbor, room-mate and such)? It looks like it was initially supposed to be a 726byte patch, but someone made it a full game download by accident?

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Some are so good at some things but not so good at the semi obscured. Ashtoreth (female goddess note Isthar... last hint) is not Azazel (male devil).

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017

It's partly because that's how weighted ratings work. I'm not 100% sure how ratings are calculated here but it's probably something like this:

average # of votes for all games = all_votes
average # of ratings for all games = all_rating
average # of votes for current game = current_votes
average # of ratings for current game = current_rating

ranking = ((all_votes * all_ratings) + (current_votes * current_rating))/(all_votes + current_votes)

This probably isn't exactly how they do it though. They might include the number of likes and views into their rating system but either way, a weighted rating system like this would prevent a new game with one perfect review from ending up at the top of the charts.

Other than that, I think the reason this game is so high on the charts is because it's just a really good game. The story in Once in a Lifetime isn't as dramatic as something like Broken Dreamers or Being a Dik but that's personally why I like it so much. I would rather have a fun and comedic adventure instead of a serious and depressing one. I also usually prefer the Honey Select art style over the renders made using Daz or Blender since the more realistic ones sometimes end up in the uncanny valley which can make the girls look horrifying (this doesn't really apply to BaDik or CoBD though since most the girls in those games look great).

I don't know what you mean by there not being enough context for the sex scenes and how girls "just fall on the MCs dick." I feel like this game does a really good job at setting scenes up with a story without teasing the player for too long. If I remember correctly, it took a few updates before Lauren or Judie would have sex with the MC.

I personally wasn't a huge fan of City of Broken Dreamers (I still thought it was good but I didn't like it as much as most people did), but I really like Being a Dik. I think Once in a Lifetime and Being a Dik are both great games but for different reasons so it's hard to compare the two of them.

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Flight to Japan, clues, devils, god/goddesses, ancient stories. SPOILER: What I expect, Asmodeus (devil) acts like a friend, planned betrayal, possess the offspring sacrifice, live eternally though the dna line... battery wears out from longevity, get a new one take over continue. What do the old ones like to promise? Prosperity, just do this list of evil things that progressively gets worse. Typical sacrifice your children for a good crop, ie.. prosperity. Loved ones... anti-love. End SPOILER. You see it in all religions corruption too. Catholic Hollywood movies like to say do this evil then suicide to save the other one... What you really should do is take the opposition side and never relent. So you die, you fought the good fight. Sex is good though, woof bark and fox demons are from the far east too

Reactions: offset8

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
Ok. So I'm playing the game and so far, it is really good. My only complanate is that in the basement of the abandon hospital, the game volume cranks itself up to about 300% of normal and it literally blew out my computer speakers.....

BroodZeo

Oct 18, 2020
Yo dev you freaking nailed it with this one. The LI's models are cool, The MC is decent and moreover the MC has a frickin Personality so good to see, The plot of story, humor, horror is on point as well. I freakin enjoyed every bits of this one.
Stoked to play again restlessly waiting for the update. A 10/10 from me dude KUDOS to your excellent work.

Hope to see more new members for the MCs harem lol plz include more female models as good as the current one's.

Reactions: Caribdis

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Yo dev you freaking nailed it with this one. The LI's models are cool, The MC is decent and moreover the MC has a frickin Personality so good to see, The plot of story, humor, horror is on point as well. I freakin enjoyed every bits of this one.
Stoked to play again restlessly waiting for the update. A 10/10 from me dude KUDOS to your excellent work.

Hope to see more new members for the MCs harem lol plz include more female models as good as the current one's.
The story for this game will be done next update (then there's another update for the epilogue) so there won't be anymore characters in the harem unless there's a last minute addition. The dev recently announced his next game on so if you liked the girls in this game you'll probably like the ones in the next game

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes