MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
MY FAV CHARACTER IS STABBY MIKE :LOL:
AND YOURS ?
This VN has many remarkable characters. From the characters who are not part of MC's harem:
Stabby Mike
Fit Jack
The Funtime Yakuza (primarily because he almost jumps down the throat of the Yakuza who wanted Lauren and gave him what he deserved).

As for Oliver: he definitely should have chosen the elephant and I'd almost feel sorry for him if he wasn't a scumbag.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Day 8 after ending of "Once In a Lifetime" :cry::

--------------------------------------------------------

Lauren naked
Lit just by candles,
Judie bound
Nude, save for sandals,
Carla writhing in pure ecstasy,
These are few of my favorite things

Reactions: Caribdis

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Is there any way to enable the black background behind the text like every VN has except this one? Can't see the freaking text, impossible to read.
I'm just on the first couple of scenes and can't really proceed. I'm sure this is a great game but a lot of devs don't really consider accessibility issues like this. Yes without the black box the game looks "cleaner" but this comes at a cost of readability and there's a damn good reason why Renpy has the background built-in by default and every game has kept it turned on.
If anyone else has this problem, I made a small mod that will help restore the text background for readability. Also made the font size a bit bigger.

Edit:

To install put it into the "game" folder.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 37477, in script
    me ". . ." with dis (multiple=2)
TypeError: 'Dissolve' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 37477, in script
    me ". . ." with dis (multiple=2)
  File "D:\Games\nsfw\oil\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\nsfw\oil\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\nsfw\oil\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\Games\nsfw\oil\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\Games\nsfw\oil\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Games\nsfw\oil\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\nsfw\oil\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\nsfw\oil\Onceinalifetime-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3044, in interact_core
    new_widget=layers_root)
TypeError: 'Dissolve' object is not callable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
OnceinaLifetime 1.0
Mon Jun 28 20:04:01 2021
hmm any idea?
nvm i figured it out replace
Code:
with dis (multiple=2)
with
Code:
with Dissolve(2)
i did it all across the file just incase it f'ed up elsewhere
ok getting tired of having to edit script.rpy to fix errors lol

Last edited:

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Just played this game and I have to say... I wants more with my harem. Loved the game. Mixture of comedy, darkness, yet happy endings and such.

franszhail

Apr 15, 2020
I really liked the game sir. I hope one day to create a game just as great as this one. Good luck in your next project.
I'm eager to play it.

TeaMen

Dec 4, 2018
Something I haven't seen many people talk about but no matter what ending I would have gotten I don't think I would have been disappointed, each ending was believable and unique in it's own way that I would accept each.

Fito1234

Apr 16, 2020
man this almost scare me there for a second, in the two saves i have only manage to get the Cementery and the Prision Ending, ufff i tough that was it

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Day 9 after ending of "Once In a Lifetime" :cry::

If Caribdis wasn't on those hallucination inducing "drinks" from 0.8 when creating Stabby Mike, then I have reason to believe that the dev IS Stabby Mike

• Haha

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure this is my favorite completed game of all time. Just amazing work on so many levels: immersive story-telling, compelling character-building, clever humor, emotive soundtrack, immersive sound effects, choices that matter leading to enjoyable replay-ability. And, of course, a variety of quality lewd scenes with creative angles and animations.

I'm looking forward to the new project by Caribdis

• Red Heart

Aman1998

Jan 3, 2019
AWESOME, will definitely become a patron when I can. Would suggest playing without incest mod, or maybe that's just me. the game doesn't follow the general landlady/room mate BS. its step mom/sis not related by blood. i guess that's where i draw the line.
that's just me i don't judge.
any way its awesome. 11/10 outstanding. would recommend.
hands down the best game on this site.

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes